• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Friend found a P38

From the why doesn't this happen to me files...
My friend is back home visiting her parents in Greece and came across her Grandfather's service pistol. It is a P38 likely issued to him by the occupying Nazi force in the early 40s. He was a Greek cop in a rural area through the 50s. It was in the attic of the family home. It looks like it is from a czech factory and early in the production of P38s given the serial number. It is only proofed in Germany and not again in Greece despite a proofmark existing for Greek purchased firearms. So that leads me to believe it was issued directly from the nazis and not purchased by the greek government. Given it is czech and not from a german factory as well as it is missing the hammer and grips and is not in great condition (although not bad for sitting in the attic this long) I don't think it is worth much more than average.

She also has his italian Bignotti shotgun (12g I think) which she found out is rare and is really beautifully engraved. Any chance she can get either of these into the country without having to engrave nasty import marks on them?

Also, check out the home made boresnake he made.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2256.JPG
    IMG_2256.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_2258.JPG
    IMG_2258.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_2255.JPG