Free Gun Lock Raffle/Giveaway/ The Winners Are.....

JonJ

NES Member
Sarah drew the 2 winners this afternoon and they are Adam_MA and massochusetts. Congrats! PM me your addresses and I'll get these out to you.

Thanks to Derek for allowing me to do this and to all that participated. I thought it was fun.

In celebration of the board reaching 200 members, which is quickly approaching, I am raffling off 4 cable gun locks. The raffle is free and 2 lucky members will receive 2 locks each, shipped. To enter, just add your name to this thread before June 19. I'll put all names in a hat and have one of my kiddies draw the winners.
Jon
DSCF0054.jpg

List of those in on the giveaway:
Lynne, Adam_MA, SiameseRat, mAss Backwards, orvanic, SgtUSMC8541, Mrs. Wildweasel, dwarven1, Daveht, CaptDan3, Jay G, iamjmack48, masochusetts

Those are nice and THANKS for the gesture. It is greatly appreciated. I've been looking for my cable lock from boot camp with no avail. Where did you find those? One of the best ways to lock up an AR / M16.

Please don't add my name. Keep it for other members.

Jon, thanks again.

I believe that all the MA PDs received these locks with grant money. I think it was last year that everyone attending the GOAL banquet got one and Mike Yacino (Exec Dir, now retired) told us to "enjoy them, your tax money paid for them"! :?

Jon, please do NOT put my name in for the drawing, let others have a shot at it. Thanks.

I've got a couple of boxes of them that I've been giving out to anybody who needs one at classes, town meeting and some other places. They've got a web site, http://www.projectchildsafe.org/ , where you can locate the nearest PD that's received a supply for distribution. (I got my supply that way, because they weren't moving out of the station fast enough to suit the chief; ask and ye shall receive.)

Ken

Lynne said:
That's nice Jon. What the heck, I can always use another lock - put my name in. :D

OK Lynne, you're in. The first.

Yup guys, that's where they came from. They're nice locks.

SgtUSMC8541 said:
Nice..... count me in too. thanks for all the great work everyone has done to make this a great site.

Sarge, it's the folks like you (users of the forum) that make this place great! Also makes our job as Mods/Admin very easy . . . and I like easy! [twisted]

[Reminder: I am NOT in for this drawing.]

LenS said:
SgtUSMC8541 said:
Nice..... count me in too. thanks for all the great work everyone has done to make this a great site.

Sarge, it's the folks like you (users of the forum) that make this place great! Also makes our job as Mods/Admin very easy . . . and I like easy! [twisted]

[Reminder: I am NOT in for this drawing.]

Easy works for me. And, I'm not in the drawing (I said so first).

Also, I like "free" the best when it's followed by "beer". [wink]

Re: 200th Member Giveaway!

Daveht said:
Since I was the 200th Member!! Please add me to the list.

Thanks!

You're in Dave and congrats on being #200!
Congrats to you too Derek. The board has really taken off and the participation is super.

gun lock

What a great idea. :D
Count me in and if I win I'll put the lock to good use.
I'll go out and buy another gun and increase the Comm of Mass gun total !!

Dan

Re: gun lock

CaptDan3 said:
What a great idea. :D
Count me in and if I win I'll put the lock to good use.
I'll go out and buy another gun and increase the Comm of Mass gun total !!

Dan
It's 2 locks so you gotta get 2 more new guns!
Thing have slowed down, lots of people haven't bothered to enter so the odds are good for those who have.

More locks = More guns. If you have spare locks, you need something to lock up, right? Good excuse to get that new Para....

The raffle is in celebration of the board reaching 200 (and beyond) members. Maybe Derek can dig out what # you were but it has no bearing on entering the contest.
Jon

JonJ said:
More locks = More guns. If you pare locks, you need something to lock up, right? Good excuse to get that new Para....

The raffle is in celebration of the board reaching 200 (and beyond) members. Maybe Derek can dig out what # you were but it has no bearing on entering the contest.
Jon

That's the excuse I use!

My wife is scared to death of the financial impact if they every pass a one gun a month law here. I've explained to her my take on what that means. Not that she necessarily believes me, but she know how I'd react.

Ken

Dave Thompson is # 200. Dave runs a local S&W forum and he suffered a major heart attack ~2 weeks ago. He's home and recovering now.

To see what number you are go to memberlist and chose the default (by date) and scroll thru . . . your number will be on the left.

LenS said:
To see what number you are go to memberlist and chose the default (by date) and scroll thru . . . your number will be on the left.

That's a hoot - my number is the year I was born. (oops...know you know how old I am....oh well) :D

Good point Jon, but I don't use half the ones I have now. Back and forth to the range, I have a locked case they go in, at home, it's the safe.

But you're right, I do look for any reason to by a new gun. :D

But I would rather see the locks go to someone that will really use them, not just sit in the back of thier safe like all mine do.

Now, trigger locks, those I could use.

Speaking of, did you guys know that they aren't supposed to charge tax on safes and gun locks in MA? It's some Mass Law.

Back
Top Bottom