Framingham man admitted selling gun to Marlborough suspect

Framingham man admitted selling gun to Marlborough suspect

By Norman Miller/Daily News staff
Wed Nov 04, 2009, 10:41 AM EST
FRAMINGHAM - Police say a Framingham man has admitted he illegally sold a gun to the man who sparked a downtown manhunt last month.Juan Antonio Medina, 40, faces several charges after an investigation lasting two weeks, police spokesman Lt. Paul Shastany said.On Oct. 17, police arrested Domenic Joyce, 20, of Marlborough. They had been looking for him when they saw him walking on Richardson Circle.Police say he had a .22 caliber large capacity rifle, which he dropped and ran when he saw police.The incident prompted police to call in a state police SWAT team to help search a downtown neighborhood for suspects they believed to be armed.Joyce was later arrested and charged with gun possession and several break-ins, police said.During the investigation, detectives learned that the gun Joyce dropped was not stolen.
Rather, Shastany said, Joyce had gotten it from Medina, of 22 Richardson Circle.
Medina admitted on Oct. 18 that the gun belonged to him."He said the rifle was his and he used it to practice target shooting," said Shastany. "A search revealed he never had a gun permit."Police again questioned Medina on Oct. 20, and he admitted he had the gun illegally because he had a criminal record and could not obtain a gun permit, Shastany said.He was questioned about any possible role in the series of break-ins that Joyce is charged with, but Medina denied being involved. He came clean about another crime, though."He said he sold the gun to Domenic two to three weeks before (Joyce's arrest)," said Shastany. "He said he sold the gun and four 10-round magazines for $100."
Medina was arrested Monday and has been charged with selling a gun without a permit, selling ammunition without a permit, carrying a gun without a license, possessing a firearm without a license and possessing ammunition without a license.
Medina pleaded not guilty at his Framingham District Court arraignment yesterday and was ordered held on $1,000 bail. He is due back in court on Dec. 9 for a pretrial conference.
Joyce is also being held for the gun charges and the break-ins, and police are still looking for another suspect, Shastany said.
"This has been a very intensive, time-consuming investigation," he said. "We're still seeking the other person, who we are not identifying, but we know who he is."

http://www.wickedlocal.com/marlboro...n-admitted-selling-gun-to-Marlborough-suspect

I wonder how much time this repeat offender a-hole will spend in our prison system. I'm guessing it won't be enough. [rolleyes]

I wonder how much time this repeat offender a-hole will spend in our prison system. I'm guessing it won't be enough. [rolleyes]

Why should he? He's simply a victim of the Bush administration. He is just trying to get his life back together.

Wow, those tough gun laws sure did keep a criminal from getting a firearm... AND THEN they kept the guy from selling said firearm to ANOTHER criminal. So what we have here, is one criminal acquiring a firearm illegally then, breaking another law to sell it to another criminal... but again I say, the strict gun laws in MA are working like a well oiled machine.

/sarcasm off

Last edited:
WOW

Back in the late 70's, when I was unfortunately growing up in Marlboro, a bunch of us would routinely walk through the streets carrying a loaded .22 rifle, and would go over and shoot frogs at the snow making pond over at Jericho Hill Ski Area, right across the street from HOUSES, OMG!!!, and no one ever even batted an eye. And get this -- we were all way under 18!

Back
Top Bottom