• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Foxboro Roll Call

There is no such thing as a "pre-ban" SCAR-17 magazine. The gun was not around Pre-1994. FAL magazines are little more believable to be PRE-ban, you can find magazines dated from the 1960s. Don't let anyone tell/sell you a SCAR-17 magazine as pre-ban, get rid of the gun, or accept 10 round magazines as your your limited volume.

Oogled the Winchester Model 94 collection, it was nice but I'm not smart enough on the prices. Hot sauce guy had a great collection and picked up two bottles. Saw some friends. Arrived at noon, parked easy, pretty crowded but reasonable.

No a$$hole stuff like Nazi flags or KKK sh!t. Prices were gun show high.

You are going to the wrong show. Ear Safety Systems has a table at the Standish show with excellent show pricing.

H-EARSafe is at this show and is the "original" guy doing the gun shows. Michael Maal, 508-816-3734, [email protected], www.hearsafe-usa.com

I've been seeing him at gun shows for probably 15 years.

Interested to find out if there's any dealers selling reloading supplies (powder/bullets/primers) at reasonable prices.

Yes on product. Didn't look at prices.

Someone let me know if the guy selling the pre ban AR mags is there.

Yes, refinished and updated in plastic baggies. Colt 30rd for $45. Unsure what he sold the Okay and Center Industries mags for.

Preban FAL magazines fit a Scar 17 with a minor modification to the mag.

To be pre-ban legal the modifications can NOT make it so that they don't work in the FAL. So if the mod allows them to work in both guns, fine. If not you have made a "new illegal post-ban high cap mag" according to the law. The Feds made this clear in writing, MA doesn't clarify anything.

Just got back, I was disappointed by the lack of modern ammo that wasn't in bulk, but I did find a 37 that I was looking for, for a good price to boot.

What do you call "modern ammo". 9mm, .45ACP, .40S&W, .22LR - are those now all obsolete or collectable ammo?

H-EARSafe is at this show and is the "original" guy doing the gun shows. Michael Maal, 508-816-3734, [email protected], www.hearsafe-usa.com

I've been seeing him at gun shows for probably 15 years.

Yes on product. Didn't look at prices.

Yes, refinished and updated in plastic baggies. Colt 30rd for $45. Unsure what he sold the Okay and Center Industries mags for.

To be pre-ban legal the modifications can NOT make it so that they don't work in the FAL. So if the mod allows them to work in both guns, fine. If not you have made a "new illegal post-ban high cap mag" according to the law. The Feds made this clear in writing, MA doesn't clarify anything.

What do you call "modern ammo". 9mm, .45ACP, .40S&W, .22LR - are those now all obsolete or collectable ammo?
To clarify, cartridges manufactured after 2010.

Also, now that I'm home, in regretting not joining Mansfield F&G while I was there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I looked for you Len. Couldn't find where your table was.

Bought some hot sauve and a baggie of Carplina peppers. Supposed to be on the hot side. Time will tell.

As for the show, I worked it selling Mansfield F&G memberships today. Upon arrival at 8:30AM the parking lot was a skating rink, when I left at 2:30PM, the ice had all melted. 3 dealers cancelled - one fell and was hurt in the parking lot, another couldn't unload his stuff in the ice rink, etc. So there were some empty tables due to this. There were probably 280-300 tables occupied. A number of knife tables, 2 or 3 flashlight tables, an awesome unique steel target stand vendor from Springfield area (I plan on picking one up at the April show), the leather guy making belts was there (pretty sure he was at the Wilmington show probably 15 years ago and the belts I bought from him are still in excellent condition).

Lots of folks selling ammo (reloads and new) and a few selling in bulk at prices that don't really impress me.

A couple of vendors (including Precision Werks, a NES'r) selling lots of AR-15 parts. Even saw some left-handed AR parts for sale.

For me the big find was the hot sauce dealer, I bought 4 bottles and that made my day . . . I didn't go looking for anything.

It was a good show with lots of traffic. I spoke with the promoter on the way out the door and they were quite happy with it as well.

I'll check out the MF&G table tomorrow as I'm close enough to hear it every day. Someone was out there at 7:30 this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To clarify, cartridges manufactured after 2010.

Also, now that I'm home, in regretting not joining Mansfield F&G while I was there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I don't know the DOB of the ammo I saw, but there was a lot that wasn't "collectable". I have and shoot lots of ammo I bought years before the Big Zero created shortage. It all goes bang without problems.

ETA: I still shoot the .45ACP ammo I bought from Powderkeg when we ran the NES - Women's BFS course taught by Lynne Dube (Mother Mod back in the day) . . . still tagged $9.75/box. [laugh]

I sent you a PM as well.

I looked for you Len. Couldn't find where your table was.

Bought some hot sauve and a baggie of Carplina peppers. Supposed to be on the hot side. Time will tell.

I didn't see you there. The MF&G table had a plastic pipe frame 5' off the table covered in green crepe paper (not my idea) with the offer, club name and pictures hanging off of it. As you walked into the hall, we were 1 row to your right and almost down to the end of that row on the left.

I did wander the show a couple of times, otherwise was at the table from 9AM to 2:30PM. My Wife was also at the table or wandering about the show.

Last edited:
As for the show, I worked it selling Mansfield F&G memberships today. Upon arrival at 8:30AM the parking lot was a skating rink, when I left at 2:30PM, the ice had all melted. 3 dealers cancelled - one fell and was hurt in the parking lot, another couldn't unload his stuff in the ice rink, etc. So there were some empty tables due to this. There were probably 280-300 tables occupied. A number of knife tables, 2 or 3 flashlight tables, an awesome unique steel target stand vendor from Springfield area (I plan on picking one up at the April show), the leather guy making belts was there (pretty sure he was at the Wilmington show probably 15 years ago and the belts I bought from him are still in excellent condition).

Lots of folks selling ammo (reloads and new) and a few selling in bulk at prices that don't really impress me.

A couple of vendors (including Precision Werks, a NES'r) selling lots of AR-15 parts. Even saw some left-handed AR parts for sale.

For me the big find was the hot sauce dealer, I bought 4 bottles and that made my day . . . I didn't go looking for anything.

It was a good show with lots of traffic. I spoke with the promoter on the way out the door and they were quite happy with it as well.
Good report from Len so I'll not bother to repeat the points he made. There was nothing much for me at the show, but I kind of expected that coming so soon after Marlboro. I did score one obscure magazine, but overall it wasn't worth the price of admission for me. Perhaps those missing vendors might have made a difference. [thinking]

You win some, you lose some. No regrets either way.

Sitting at the bar at Red Wing waiting for my garlic pizza.

Now that's just a shame. Red Wing was my grandfathers go-to seafood restaurant 45+ years ago. I've never even looked at the rest of the menu since my first trip at about 3yo, fresh in from Ohio and didn't know a thing about fish. Gimme some sketti!

(Actually have heard their pizza is good, but I'm there so rarely that I have to get the clam plate or scallop plate. Lol)

Oh man. I was 3 but I remember six or seven of us crammed into a booth in the original part of the place at lunchtime.

was there at 3. Although a little late in the day, parking was not an issue. I was happy I stopped in. Saw the guy with the redone pre ban mags. Apparently a Mass resident, and a nice guy. He was taking some crap and getting comments from the table next to him each time someone bought from him. I dont know, I see the value in spending the extra $10 for a pre ban that basically looks new. There were plenty of Vietnam $25 pre bans. I know it sounds dumb, but I was happy to come across the $2 strip clip chargers box. I was needing one.

parking lot. 3:00.

20160206_150421.jpg

Some OK stuff, fair amount of AR parts, the hot sauce was good . Some nice collections of tougher to find guns, cabinet with a bunch of colt pythons, nice lever gun collection, few other things here and there, but crappy prices made buying prohibitive mostly. Not really worth the $12, but got out of the house...

I got there about 10. The lot was close to full, but I found a spot with no problem. I talked to one guy who was getting into the truck and he said there wasn't much there.

It was pretty crowded inside. Some guns, but I thought that prices were (as usual) high. Lot's of AR parts, and there was some stuff I was looking for so I spent considerable time at them. Found a sight riser and front sight tool, looked at some other stuff to get an idea on price.

I also bought some M1 Carbine magazines. Prices were okay as I wasn't looking for WW II production still in the wrapper.

Not a lot of ammo and the only .30 Carbine I saw was pretty high. At least I thought so. I didn't pay attention to the hot sauce guy, the book guy, the knife guys, the belt guy, etc...

I did notice some empty tables, so Len's information makes sense.

I left about noon and there were still people coming in.

I expect I'll go there again in April.

Len.. I stopped by the MF&G booth with my son.. you weren't there but I did chat with the reps for a few.

For my first one, it was what I expected.. lots of Flea Market"y" type stuff.

I did talk to a collector about an old Nazi medal that my Grandfather stole while overseas. I looked at some guns that I had an idea of prices on and didn't see anything that I thought was "OMG".

Overall.. it was a fun hour or so for me. Wife want's to go to the one in April.

Was there around 11, typical sights and smells. Couldn't get close to most of the gun displays due to the people who stare at them like its an art gallery. Did pick up a new 10/22 and 20rd factory ruger mini 14 mag for a reasonable price I thought. I complain but always enjoy going!

Not a bad show at all. Sampled some hot sauce with Len and ended up buying 3 bottles. 1000 .45 230g RN bullets for $96 bucks, time to clean off the Dillon and get to pressing. Grabbed a couple of T-shirts for $25 and an old pellet gun pistol that looks like new in original box for $40. There were deals, just not as many as one would hope. And to repeat was was said, a lot of these guys were selling at costs that were way over the top, but if you are looking for that one little piece of something that you need to finish a build, it was probably there. And the best part, when I got home from the show the power was back on at home!

Anyone see any used gen4's and is there a decent selection of used rifles? Never been and don't know what to expect. Thanks

Oh. Also while we were there, it appeared someone got hurt in one of the leftmost aisles. Cops rushed over and tended to someone on the floor. Anyone have any info on what happened?

Oh. Also while we were there, it appeared someone got hurt in one of the leftmost aisles. Cops rushed over and tended to someone on the floor. Anyone have any info on what happened?

Someone tripped on the gun show loophole? Or they just had a heart attack after seeing some prices...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

One of the LEO working the floor is a relative. I asked if got paid to be there. He would have gone if not on duty.

My truck would have needed a tow if not for the four wheel drive. Getting stuck in the loophole is no fun if you don't have a come-a-long.

I look at these shows as a novelty. The vendors have to work their asses off to sell their wares and deal with every cheapskate crying about the entrance fee as a start. Then most who won't spend a nickel and butch about a product being $5 more that online deals from Arizona.
Personally, I don't go looking to steal something. It's more about enjoying seeing all the product on hand that I can walk away with even if it costs a little more.
If this type of scenario is too stressful to have an open mind and a good time, just stay home and play World of Tanks so some of us non-azzholes can enjoy themselves.

Back
Top Bottom