• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Foxboro Roll Call

I look at these shows as a novelty. The vendors have to work their asses off to sell their wares and deal with every cheapskate crying about the entrance fee as a start. Then most who won't spend a nickel and butch about a product being $5 more that online deals from Arizona.
Personally, I don't go looking to steal something. It's more about enjoying seeing all the product on hand that I can walk away with even if it costs a little more.
If this type of scenario is too stressful to have an open mind and a good time, just stay home and play World of Tanks so some of us non-azzholes can enjoy themselves.
That is my attitude to, I bought $65.00 worth of at accessories I need to finish off my SBR and wether I could have saved a few didn't matter. Overall it was a good morning.

Went Saturday and bought some mags and cleaning supplies. Spent about ~$150. I was there early and overheard the Hot sauce guy tell his assistant " once you set it up it's an ATM machine". Bought a bunch of his stuff at a previous show.

Went Saturday and bought some mags and cleaning supplies. Spent about ~$150. I was there early and overheard the Hot sauce guy tell his assistant " once you set it up it's an ATM machine". Bought a bunch of his stuff at a previous show.

He's right! I told him that I had been looking for him the last few shows I went to in Marlboro (a few years ago). He said he was living in TX for a number of years but he's back now. [thumbsup]

A lot of us gun folks like spicy foods, so having a vendor (not a dozen) like him at a show (just like the jerky guy - not at this show this time) is a good thing to a lot of us and he obviously makes money doing this.

Someone tripped on the gun show loophole? Or they just had a heart attack after seeing some prices...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Probably both.

Not sure why but I cannot connect a gun show with the excitement over someone selling hot sauce. I am not going to gun shows to buy hot sauce or beef jerky.

Probably both.

Not sure why but I cannot connect a gun show with the excitement over someone selling hot sauce. I am not going to gun shows to buy hot sauce or beef jerky.

It's still way better than the "10 different tables of cheap ****ing chinese flashlights + keychains and assorted worthless junk" I saw a few years ago at one of these shows. I'm glad that fad died a horrible death.

-Mike

Not the best show I've ever been to, not the worst. Going to even a mediocre gun show is still better than watching Hour 355 of Super Bowl pre-coverage. Found a few things; the markup was predictable, but no worse than paying for shipping.

It's still way better than the "10 different tables of cheap ****ing chinese flashlights + keychains and assorted worthless junk" I saw a few years ago at one of these shows. I'm glad that fad died a horrible death.

-Mike

Two wrongs don't make right [wink]

It's still way better than the "10 different tables of cheap ****ing chinese flashlights + keychains and assorted worthless junk" I saw a few years ago at one of these shows.

don't forget the tables full of crappy knives!

Probably both.

oh man there is something wrong with you....that's the only reason to go. Then you get a reason to look at all that other junk there.
Seriously if it where not for the jerky and a reason to go out to lunch somewhere I generally don't go, the gun show is pointless. I have never over paid for anything I wanted. Gun shows are just that a show. sometimes you find things worth buying....like jerky and hot sauce.

Modifying a magazine to fit in a gun is technically creating a "new" magazine. if an FAL mag fit in a SCAR-17 without modification, no problem, but by your description that doesn't seem the case.

Went Saturday. Just my thoughts:
- Was no shortage of knifes. Too many in my opinion.
- I like sauce but wasn't there for that.
- Thought the 1/2" and 3/8" shooting target plates looked cool.
- Thought those refurbished AR pre-ban mags looked to be in new condition but didn't feel like dropping $55. Kind of regretting it now because not sure how easy to find those.
- Didn't see much 9mm or any 5.45 ammo. Seemed like I kept seein .40 cal ammo.
- Overall pricing on firearms seemed to be middle of road. Nothing crazy high but no real deals either.
- Was a little surprised I didn't find any AR trigger upgrades.
- Bought a nice single point AR sling from nice couple at one of tables off left-center table in back.

Last edited:
I remember when you went to gun shows to buy guns at discounted prices. Now you just go look at junk and over priced guns. $1200-1600 for 1903's? $1200 for M1 Garands, Oh I did love the $20 boxes of .22 magnums and $50 boxes of .22 long that came from WalMart. Junk knives, hot sauce, and jerky? Come on. If I was buying groceries I wouldn't have gone to a gun show.

I bought a front sight and charging handle for an AR-15 for exactly what it costs in the store minus the $12 admission fee for me and my wife, so I'm on the losing end.

Did I actually see a box of 500 federal AM .22 at the far end of one of the middle tables for $72.95? wtf is up with these vendors?

I remember when you went to gun shows to buy guns at discounted prices. Now you just go look at junk and over priced guns. $1200-1600 for 1903's? $1200 for M1 Garands, Oh I did love the $20 boxes of .22 magnums and $50 boxes of .22 long that came from WalMart. Junk knives, hot sauce, and jerky? Come on. If I was buying groceries I wouldn't have gone to a gun show.

I bought a front sight and charging handle for an AR-15 for exactly what it costs in the store minus the $12 admission fee for me and my wife, so I'm on the losing end.

Well those hot sauces aren't sold in grocery stores.

Did I actually see a box of 500 federal AM .22 at the far end of one of the middle tables for $72.95? wtf is up with these vendors?

Yes. I saw that too.

The ONLY deal I found was a used Sig Mosquito I picked up. Everything else was over priced that I looked at.

Whats up with the knife tables? I swear I seen a couple of tables with the same knives you can buy on amazon for 1/2 the price of what they were selling for.

NickyB;
Whats up with the knife tables? I swear I seen a couple of tables with the same knives you can buy on amazon for 1/2 the price of what they were selling for.

I'm by no means a knife collector but I did buy three pocket knives at the show from one of the vendors. Bought two new/NOS Case knives and an NOS Henckels knife. One I will give to my son for his birthday, another to one of my grandsons and I'll keep the other one. Prices were less than Amazon or eBay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom