• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Foxboro Roll Call

SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP PROMOTION

Mansfield F&G will be offering a special membership promotion at the Foxboro Gun Show on Feb.6 & 7, 2016. For those that sign up at the gun show, the cost for the year (ending September 1st) is only $100.00. Payment can be made by check or cash. You will be given a receipt to bring to the members meeting on Wednesday, March 3, 2016 at 7PM and be voted in at that meeting. The "show" will be your sponsor.

www.mansfieldfish.com

Would that be $100 flat, no assessment?? Reading on the website that normal is $100 plus assessment, but I may be wrong. Just curious. Also, is there a new indoor range there??

Would that be $100 flat, no assessment?? Reading on the website that normal is $100 plus assessment, but I may be wrong. Just curious. Also, is there a new indoor range there??

Correct, just a flat $100 for membership this year (thru August 31st), no building/assessment fee.

No, the indoor range was under construction prior to the building collapse and is stagnant at this point until we replenish our bank account and can continue on that project. Walls and ceiling are up, needs air handling, heating and baffles plus some work on the backstop before completion. NOTE: I am not on that committee, so this is the layman's answer from what I can see there. However, we are relatively unique as we allow shooting from the holster and/or on the move on our outdoor ranges and have a training range so that our instructors don't prevent members from using the 50 yd range due to classes.

Correct, just a flat $100 for membership this year (thru August 31st), no building/assessment fee.

No, the indoor range was under construction prior to the building collapse and is stagnant at this point until we replenish our bank account and can continue on that project. Walls and ceiling are up, needs air handling, heating and baffles plus some work on the backstop before completion. NOTE: I am not on that committee, so this is the layman's answer from what I can see there. However, we are relatively unique as we allow shooting from the holster and/or on the move on our outdoor ranges and have a training range so that our instructors don't prevent members from using the 50 yd range due to classes.

wow. when I was living in Berkley, a neighbor who was a member, tried to get me to join so they'd have an electrician to wire the 'new indoor range'...

That was in 1990. [rofl]

This show used to be my favorite because I was only 3 miles away. I went to every show there for many years and even had a table there as a dealer for a few years in the 90's when I had an FFL. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately)[grin], I have since moved and am now 900 miles away, so won't be going. I've had mixed experiences at the Red Wing.

So, instead of paying $158 ($100 building assessment + $58 prorated annual dues), it will be $100?

Thanks

Nope, from what I was told it would have been $172. That was the number our Purser mentioned at the meeting.

Oh ok. I was figuring the prorate was from February through August. Seven months. I thought the new year started on September 1st (per their website). And, since the show is early Feb, I figured the $100 membership, sold at the show, ran from Feb through Aug, seven months. $100 divided by 12 times seven = $58. Sorry, I must be reading it wrong. Thanks.

Oh ok. I was figuring the prorate was from February through August. Seven months. I thought the new year started on September 1st (per their website). And, since the show is early Feb, I figured the $100 membership, sold at the show, ran from Feb through Aug, seven months. $100 divided by 12 times seven = $58. Sorry, I must be reading it wrong. Thanks.

I'm not an officer, only a member of the club who came up with the idea of selling memberships at a discount at the gun show. I don't know if they discount thru the year by a strictly mathematical formula or if they do it in "chunks" (some orgs I've been a member of do it this way). All I can tell you is that the Purser was asked what the normal dues would be for the February show timeframe and she said $72. Regardless of the number, it is a substantial discount and you don't need a sponsor for this deal.

With this show being advertised as 175 tables less than Marlboro I'm not expecting much but I'll still go. After all, I like to be able to judge for myself and then read the threads from people complaining about how bad the show was.

One thing I should mention for everyone expecting jerky... the people from Smith's Smokehouse said they weren't able to get tables for this show.

With this show being advertised as 175 tables less than Marlboro I'm not expecting much but I'll still go. After all, I like to be able to judge for myself and then read the threads from people complaining about how bad the show was.

One thing I should mention for everyone expecting jerky... the people from Smith's Smokehouse said they weren't able to get tables for this show.

No jerkey? Sounds like that is the only reason half of NES goes to these shows, that and the custom ear plug guy. Good news then the place will be empty and easy to get around.

So what bar are we all hitting Sat afternoon/evening after we leave ?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I'm just hoping to get ear plugs made. I went to one of the last shows there looking for knives. Wasn't into guns at that time.

Damn, living in foxboro now but of course i will be up north this weekend..

well thats a relief that i wont be missing them haha

damn I wanted jerky..I'll settle for the ear plug guy ..and I'll look for holsters for my new 43......and of course with all the recommendations I'll be eating at Red Wing

The larger dealers take credit cards, I don't know about debit cards. I think cash might work better for negotiating purposes.

I was told a few years ago that the profit margin on new guns wasn't enough to shave off a few bucks for having cash. But then again it was a cheap gun so that has something to do with it. Cash for a used gun will probably be better for negotiating with.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

From what I'm told, for new guns you're right. I'm more interested in used gun, parts, ammo, and other stuff. There cash probably does help.

I was told a few years ago that the profit margin on new guns wasn't enough to shave off a few bucks for having cash. But then again it was a cheap gun so that has something to do with it. Cash for a used gun will probably be better for negotiating with.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom