• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Foxboro Gun Show April 2 & 3

Same stuff. A little more than last time. Prices not excellent. Small primers 35. Jerky smells so good deals if look hard. Tsa confiscated crap for sale. Nothing else to report.

Same stuff. A little more than last time. Prices not excellent. Small primers 35. Jerky smells so good deals if look hard. Tsa confiscated crap for sale. Nothing else to report.

Funny that people are willing to pay way more than the LGS for stuff like this. Then you add on the entrance fee...

Enjoy the jerky and hot sauce and join MF&G. [cheers]

I got there about 1030. No line to get in, the hall itself has a good amount of floor traffic. I probably spent more time talking with a guy I used to work with than actually walking the floor. Lots of new guns, not as many used ones as I'd expect. I think some dealers limited what they brought due to the overall size of the hall. Maybe not. More than one ammo dealer, but not great prices. 22LR prices seemed to be through the roof.

There was a lot of AR stuff, Precision Point was there with a ton of AR parts. I saw lower prices from $100 to over $300. That was for stripped lowers. I didn't look too closely at the $300 lower other than to see that it was marked "multi caliber".

I wasn't food shopping, so I didn't look at the jerky, cheese, or hot sauce. LenS was last seen sampling the hot sauce, so maybe he can give a taste report. [laugh]

I ended up buying some Prvi Partizan and Aquila .30 Carbine ammo. I didn't buy a lot of either, just enough to test out and see how it works.

Some Milsurp parts from a couple of guys.

Books, leather goods, safes, Cordora gun cases, a guy with Trump T Shirts, one table with WWII memorabilia, the ATF, and the FRB ladies retrieving PINS.

I go for the entertainment value and on the off chance there's something of interest at a good price. In 10+ years of going to gun shows I've bought three guns at what I considered very reasonable prices.

Wasn't bad, same old show. They had tables from one side to the other without an open space to be had for another. There were a couple of knife makers there that had some really nice stuff, one guy was from Walpole and I really liked his work. It was so hard to walk away from a nice fixed blade that he had that was on the smaller size but perfect for everyday stuff.

Didn't buy any cool toys, but I did join the NRA while I was there.

got there at 10am no line...plenty of parking....tombstone had a large setup with decent prices...finally bought the Andre's holster and some jerky...worth the entry fee as entertainment..

Not a bad show, lots of knives if that's your thing. Got a chuckle from the "Friends of the NRA" guys. First question I asked is are you affiliated with Comm2A or GOAL? One guy (sales) says yes, the other guy (president) says no. I then asked about NRA's involvement in asinine MA gun laws. Their answer was well, no need because GOAL and Comm2a is in MA. I said I am already a member of the member and GOAL, thanks but no thanks, and walked on by.

I bought hot sauce and barbecue sauce, LOTS of AR parts, a few dealers selling assorted stuff. Yeah, lots of Ebay type crap too. It was a good opportunity for me to educate the wife on different styles, manufacturers and calibers. She's a visual learner, ex-anti, she turned pro voluntarily.

Wasn't gonna go but wife had wanted to as she has never been. Parking was good, no lines to get in, and had coupons. It was busy but not so much that people were bumping into each other. Stink wasn't bad. Grabbed some Apple/Cinnamon BBQ sauce from the hot sauce guy, grabbed some jerky and a really well built gun bag/case from these guys:
http://uniquecases.com/product/tactical-rifle-cases/

In the end it was a fine way to spend a couple hours of quality time with the wife on a rainy day. Like a moth to light, my wife kept being drawn to shiny revolvers. She specifically stated, "Why buy a revolver in .38 when you can get it in .357 and then be able to shoot both calibers?"

Guess that is my next purchase[smile]

Last edited:
No lines, easy parking. Talked to a bunch of people I knew. Picked up some ammo, a hat and some movies. Decent way to kill a couple of hours. I wanted to introduce myself to Len at Mansfield booth but he was very busy when I was there.

Now it's off to the World of Wheels...

Wasn't gonna go but wife had wanted to as she has never been. Parking was good, no lines to get in, and had coupons. It was busy but not so much that people were bumping into each other. Stink wasn't bad. Grabbed some Apple/Cinnamon BBQ sauce from the hot sauce guy, grabbed some jerky and a really well built gun bag/case from these guys:

In the end it was a fine way to spend a couple hours of quality time with the wife on a rainy day. Like a moth to light, my wife kept being drawn to shiny revolvers. She specifically stated, "Why buy a revolver in .38 when you can get it in .357 and then be able to shoot both calibers?"

Got there about 12, no line. A coupon.

I bought a nice bull pup rifle case:

48218f3de72e816766b5b0fcee78a36f.jpg

a double pistol pouch:

82d709e8304892dff10bd376ca9f553e.jpg

some new tek mats (m1 Garand , new 10/22 & AR15 mats - guy gave me 3 for 60) and of course, teriyaki and maple honey jerky...burp.

Could have stayed longer...would have bought more...

Seemed like a better selection than the one a few weeks ago. Smith's Smokehouse was there selling jerky this time. One vendor had about 15 Chinese SKS carbines in mint condition w/out bayonets. Looked like an old crate turned up.

One vendor had about 15 Chinese SKS carbines in mint condition w/out bayonets. Looked like an old crate turned up.

I believe that was Tombstone out of Brookfield. It looked like they cleaned out their entire store for the show.

Got there around 11am there was plenty of parking, no line and decent room in the isles. It was pouring when I arrived, which may have helped keep the crowd down. Got a little wet getting to the door, but not to bad. I didn't see any smoking deals, but some of the smaller guys had some decent stuff for sale. I left with a few pre-ban mags that were actually at a pretty decent price. That was a surprise. Overall not a bad show.

The best part of the day though was what I found at Holliston Firearms today. That is another story for a different post....[wink]

Glad to have seen those that I did, sorry that I missed some of you. It was a great show so far for Mansfield F&G and both my Wife and I bought some "accessories" there. Since I bought 5 hot sauces from that guy in February, I decided not to buy more today.

Had a wonderful day... Got there a 9am, no problems. Spent some $ at Tombstone... Got me a S&W Model 28-2 and Model 19 for a great price.
It's been hit or miss lately, still looking for a Model 27 at the right price and length. Saw a couple Lugers that were interesting, one affordable and other out of my price range.
Should of picked up some jerky and hot sauce.

Great day.

Depending on who wins the election we may be looking back on these prices for guns and ammo (esp .22) as the GOOD old days!!

To put some perspective on it, when I was in the Navy in 74 I looked at buying a Ford F150 but they wanted $2,400 for a brand new one, I wasn't going to pay the obscene price and waited, they are now up to $40,000 and I am still waiting, don't think they will even even get back to the absorbent price of $2,400

Thank you all NESers who stopped by my BPD table and said Hi!

My first show so I have nothing to compare it to, but thought it was pretty decent. Signed up with Mansfield F&G, which was my main reason for going (and met Len and his Mrs briefly!) Picked up a bore sight and almost pulled the trigger on a range bag but wasn't quite there.

Lots of AR stuff but I'm not quite ready to start my build yet. Lots of memorabilia and quite a few really cool old guns. Gun prices didn't knock my socks off, but I wasn't there for that.

I'll go again next time it rolls into town.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

mind if i ask the price on the model 28? 4 or 6" ?
i've been looking for the right deal on one for a while

Had a wonderful day... Got there a 9am, no problems. Spent some $ at Tombstone... Got me a S&W Model 28-2 and Model 19 for a great price.
It's been hit or miss lately, still looking for a Model 27 at the right price and length. Saw a couple Lugers that were interesting, one affordable and other out of my price range.
Should of picked up some jerky and hot sauce.

Great day.

Artie, does the gun bag/case have the ability to be locked ? Like double zippers ?

mind if i ask the price on the model 28? 4 or 6" ?
i've been looking for the right deal on one for a while

For the 28-2 6", was asking around $680 . Did better than that. More than I wanted to spend, but it was in great shape and it was on my list.

Plan on going today, how long would it take if you just browse the aisles and surf the tables ?

How fast does a plane fly?

Same idea, if you stop and look at each table, probably 2 hours. If you breeze by at 3 mph, probably 20 minutes. There are ~325 tables.

The problem right now according to my police scanners are trees/poles down (looks like heavy wet stuff) blocking roads and killing power in places. In the past 30 minutes I've heard reports from Framingham, Waltham, Newton, Norwood, Canton, Sharon, and Foxboro on the scanner.

Hopefully they won't lose power at the show. It looks like it is supposed to end by ~11AM.

Thanks Len. trying to squeeze this in with my daughter between church and her soccer game today.

Back
Top Bottom