Forty Years Ago Today

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it helps you to know that we appreciate the sacrifice your Brother made for us.

Sorry to hear of your loss and hopefully you can take some small amount of comfort in the fact that there are many of us who will always appreciate his service and sacrifice no matter how much time passes.

300-wall.jpg

Press Photo/T.J. Hamilton

Rest in Peace, Soldier.

I am truly humbled by the sacrifices that brave young men and women have made, and continue to make, to preserve our freedoms.

Thank you, Gary Roy Smith. RIP.

I am heading to the wall while on vacation in two weeks.. I will remember to make a special point to clean the spot where his name holds it place

My condolences on the loss of your brother, and my thanks for the service and ultimate sacrifice he made on behalf of all of us.

I have tears in my eyes right now... your sadness is shared by others.

Best,

Rich

MFLR, thanks for publicly remembering your brother and reminding us of the terrible cost of war. I served in the Army during those same years and I remember the awful days of a country tearing itself to pieces. But worse yet was the pain of the families who knew all too personally how much war costs.
Know that your brother's sacrifice is still well remembered and appreciated by those of us who survived. My deepest sympathies.

Know that your brother did not die in vain, he helped pave the way for the Marines, Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen of today. I would not have become the man and Marine I am today if it were not for the sacrifices of your brothers generation. He is a true American Hero and Patriot.

SEMPER FIDELIS

Rest in Peace

I salute you GARY ROY SMITH

[halfmast]

Back
Top Bottom