• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Formerly GB: Cops handing out blunt knives to domestic violence victims to reduce stabbings at home

mikeyp

NES Member
I was going to add to the Merry Old England thread but this needs it's own thread.

Formerly Great Britain: Police handing out blunt knives to domestic violence victims to reduce stabbings in the home

es, you read it right. And no, it is not a joke.

Victims of domestic violence will have their kitchen knives replaced with blunt utensils to prevent their partners attacking them in their own home.

Nottinghamshire Police are piloting the scheme where around 100 ‘no point’ knives will be handed to victims who have either been threatened or attacked with a knife.

Police are concerned about the high level of knife-related incidents that happen in the home, and are hoping the new scheme has the potential to save lives.

Police handing out blunt knives to domestic violence victims to reduce stabbings in the home

Here is a picture of such knives:

blunt-knives-.jpg

Police hand out blunt knives to domestic violence victims to reduce stabbings

Victims of domestic violence will have their kitchen knives replaced with blunt utensils to prevent their partners attacking them in their own home.

Nottinghamshire Police are piloting the scheme where around 100 'no point' knives will be handed to victims who have either been threatened or attacked with a knife.

p:nth-of-type(2)","sizes":[[8,8]],"hideOnSensitiveArticle":true,"relativePos":"after","additionalClass":"in-article","name":"div-gpt-ad-vip-slot","type":"VIP"}" data-gpt-placeholder="" data-response-start="1860.310000134632" data-type="gpt" data-requested="2760.265000164509" data-google-query-id="CImz-6vM5uICFYJ5YgodtDsFuQ" data-timer-slot-rendered="5089.335000142455" data-rendered-width="8" data-rendered-height="8" data-response-end="6658.060000045225" style="background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; overflow: hidden; z-index: 1; font-family: "Open Sans", sans-serif; height: 8px; max-height: 8px;">
Police are concerned about the high level of knife-related incidents that happen in the home, and are hoping the new scheme has the potential to save lives.

Domestic violence knife crime makes up more than 17 percent of incidents reported to Nottinghamshire Police.

In 2018/19, out of 900 reports of knife crime, 159 were related to domestic violence.

Superintendent Matt McFarlane, the new knife crime strategy manager for Nottinghamshire Police, who is overseeing the scheme, said: "We do see a fair amount of knife related incidents in domestic abuse not just on the streets.

0_no-point-knivesJPG.jpg

Before you know it, the second generation of "blunt knives" will be out.
They'll look like motorcycle brake levers, with big round knobs on the end.
Sad.

You're not wrong.

Sometime you need the point on a kitchen knife. It's possible to do a better job with the blunt knives than the UK fuzz did. You could still have your point and shield it.

Stabbers will simply turn to slicers and hackers, and before you know it, British people will be biting vegetables and their meat whole.
You will be surprised what a blunt point bread knife can do. While I was drinking beer at Molly's (Toulouse Street, downtown New Orleans) one day, I watched a drunk guy try to quarter his Reuben sandwich with this type of knife and he sliced two of his fingers badly. An ambulance took him to the ER.

Every time I read one of these all I can do is shake my head and laugh at the sheer absurdity of it all, thinking it must be a joke. What an embarrassment.

It’s okay, there are special licenses to own pointy knives available for bona-fide registered chefs who are able to meet the rigorous standards of the application process. /sarcasm

It’s okay, there are special licenses to own pointy knives available for bona-fide registered chefs who are able to meet the rigorous standards of the application process. /sarcasm
Sarcasm not needed: UK judge calls for ban on pointed kitchen knives to reduce stabbing deaths

“Why we do need eight-inch or 10-inch kitchen knives with points?” he asked. “Butchers and fishmongers do, but how often, if at all, does a domestic chef use the point of an eight-inch or 10-inch knife? Rarely, if at all.”

I guess the obvious question here is why are the attackers not in jail? Sometimes you just want to belt someone in the head with a 2x4 when they come up with a brilliant idea like this.

Greg
Because they are probably oppressed muslims living with entitled white people. Cant jail the poor minority.

All those butter knife jokes are becoming a reality.

I'm confused how someone can be so stupid to think that you can't stab someone with a round point knife. Especially a male attacking a female.

I'm 100% sure I'd have no problem stabbing someone to death with a butter knife if I wanted to. Hell I have a nice metal pen I could peforate someone with if needed.

I love how this is a problem because IN GB YOU APPARENTLY DON'T ARREST PEOPLE WHO BEAT AND STAB THEIR SPOUSE.

Back
Top Bottom