• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Formerly GB: Cops handing out blunt knives to domestic violence victims to reduce stabbings at home

I'm trying to figure out how dulling up the end of a knife would stop someone from putting it inside another humans body? What do I need to smoke, huff or inject for that to make sense to me?

Killing with the point lacks artistry.
- Duncan Idaho

"The good knife fighter thinks on point and blade and shearing-guard simultaneously. The point can also cut; the blade can also stab; the shearing guard can also trap your opponent's blade." - Gurney Hallek

And, since he made it a lot further along in the story, I'd have to go with his thinking! [laugh]

Props for the nerd reference, though! [wink]

Handing out butter knives to everyone will not stop violent crimes. In fact, it will likely enable it, as criminals will always find ways to illegally obtain superior weapons. You really want to stop violent crimes, allow and encourage victims or potential victims to arm themselves with GUNS!

Handing out butter knives to everyone will not stop violent crimes. In fact, it will likely enable it, as criminals will always find ways to illegally obtain superior weapons. You really want to stop violent crimes, allow and encourage victims or potential victims to arm themselves with GUNS!
5 minutes and a grinder.
Unless they plan to outlaw those too.

5 min with some water on the sidewalk and it pointed and sharp. Turns out you can't shut off friction or erosion with laws. Lol

Some restaurants have been issuing customers blunt steak knives for years.
I got issued a razor-sharp serrated one at a restaurant at Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta while waiting for a connecting flight. This is after I passed the TSA security screening checkpoint and was in a no-weapons-allowed area. Go figure!

Many towns in UK require plastic beer mugs as those can be swung as blunt force weapons.

Take away the object, take away the violent crime.

Take away guns - stabbing go up.

Take away knives - bludgeoning goes up.

Take away violent intent - good luck with that...

I think the Germans put something in the drinking water over there in the 40's
That level of stupidity can't be a natural development.
I could kill you with that, no problem.
Its called sodium fluoride. It's a known neurotoxin that they dump in municipal water supplies all over the world under the guise of "muh teeth". I heard something about the Germans extensively using this chemical in the water supplies of their prison camps during ww2. Totally because they wanted to maintain good dental hygiene among the prisoners.... The "doctor" nurse practitioner woman my kids see tried to get me to give them the shit in droplet form when they were babies. She got a talking to on that...

30??? You haven't been paying attention!

Yes, I have. We’re (US) pretty f***ed up right now and getting worse, but we’re not UK level f***ed up yet.
10 yrs, 20yrs? Take your pick if it makes you feel better.

Back
Top Bottom