Former NorEaster now a damn yankee down south

That may be true, but who opened fire on who at Fort Sumpter on Apr 12, 1861 ??? View attachment 556429
Indisputably true. Also true is that this didn't happen until four months after South Carolina had left the United States and after multiple demands that the United States military forces vacate occupation of the fort within South Carolina.

Had cooler heads prevailed, the catastrophic destruction and loss of life might have been prevented, the practice of slavery ended eventually and we might have been left with a country where the federal government acknowledged, respected and honored the limitations on their authority (you know, the limitations spelled out in the Enumerated Powers clause of the Constitution of the United States). Bear in mind that the estimated 600,000 killed, extrapolated to today's population, equates to six million deaths.

As with all history, sometimes you only get one opportunity to get it right. You can't unscramble an egg.

I'm just taking a SWAG at this, but I bet the ratio of gun clubs to land mass is closer to 5:1 than 2:1 when you compare Mass vs. most if not all of the southern states. Yes, they have much more land but that still doesn't bridge the gap for convenience of access. CT seems to be OK for density of clubs too, though that's a casual observation on my part. Unless you pick up a few acres and can shoot on your own land, you'll likely need to driver farther to shoot. No, I can't stand the trampling of 2A rights here- but in terms of access to different clubs and many different competitions I'm pretty happy. Someday moving back to Tennessee is a possibility and having fewer shooting opportunities is certainly possible.

How many of us belong to 2 or more different clubs? How many of us belong to a club but regularly visit other clubs either as a guest or for competition? I bet that number ranks up near or at the top vs. any other region / area. Again- not saying we don't face problems, but there is much to be thankful for.

CT should be kicked out of New England. Just saying.

They should split it, by town, between VT and NY. Make it a patchwork mess. LOL. Actually, some areas could be annexed by mASS as well.

I've never liked Connecticut. Maybe it was that annoying show Family Affair with Brian Whatshisname and the little shit niece with the ugly doll that called it "Kenny-Kut." F her, her stupid doll and how that show EVER made syndication. "Here we have a show about absolutely nothing. Not Seinfeld-nothing. Nothing-nothing. Brian Keith comes in at the end, has a few tall glasses of whiskey and tells the kids some quick morality story and sends them to bed." And no one was banging the HS/college student-chick? C'mon!

I'm just taking a SWAG at this, but I bet the ratio of gun clubs to land mass is closer to 5:1 than 2:1 when you compare Mass vs. most if not all of the southern states. Yes, they have much more land but that still doesn't bridge the gap for convenience of access. CT seems to be OK for density of clubs too, though that's a casual observation on my part. Unless you pick up a few acres and can shoot on your own land, you'll likely need to driver farther to shoot. No, I can't stand the trampling of 2A rights here- but in terms of access to different clubs and many different competitions I'm pretty happy. Someday moving back to Tennessee is a possibility and having fewer shooting opportunities is certainly possible.

How many of us belong to 2 or more different clubs? How many of us belong to a club but regularly visit other clubs either as a guest or for competition? I bet that number ranks up near or at the top vs. any other region / area. Again- not saying we don't face problems, but there is much to be thankful for.

How many of us belong to 2 or more different clubs? How many of us belong to a club but regularly visit other clubs either as a guest or for competition?

I'm a member of two clubs in CT, I shoot regularly at three others.

I'm a member of one club in GA, I shoot regularly at two others.

Friend said the same thing living in FL. You will never be considered a local.

<shrug> I moved from Westfield to Worthington in 1998, also still not considered a local. It's like that in quite a few places one might actually want to live. Not going to let that stop me plotting my escape from the DPRofMA.

Friend said the same thing living in FL. You will never be considered a local.

Not in SW FL. The amount of people who are actually locally born is quite slim. Maybe under 25%? The vast majority of people are from the rust belt and New England, mostly escapees if its a person whose still working, otherwise random retirees.

I suspect central and northern FL have some major good ol' boy stuff going on with the locals, however, there would be zero reason for people outside to want to move to those places.

They should split it, by town, between VT and NY. Make it a patchwork mess. LOL. Actually, some areas could be annexed by mASS as well.

I've never liked Connecticut. Maybe it was that annoying show Family Affair with Brian Whatshisname and the little shit niece with the ugly doll that called it "Kenny-Kut." F her, her stupid doll and how that show EVER made syndication. "Here we have a show about absolutely nothing. Not Seinfeld-nothing. Nothing-nothing. Brian Keith comes in at the end, has a few tall glasses of whiskey and tells the kids some quick morality story and sends them to bed." And no one was banging the HS/college student-chick? C'mon!
My wife has a Mrs Beasley doll (bought it a few years ago). That f-ing thing is in our bedroom. Perhaps Mr French had a dungeon and he smashed the coed all night after he drugged the kids.

Yeah that show was up there with The courtship of eddies father and That Girl. All hot garbage lol

That Girl at least had Marlo Thomas. Could you imagine her, in her prime, dirty-talking???? "Oh Darren. Take me in the back door!!!!"

That Girl at least had Marlo Thomas. Could you imagine her, in her prime, dirty-talking???? "Oh Darren. Take me in the back door!!!!"
When I hear Darren I think Bewitched and then Elizabeth Montgomery. Now her dirty talking would have been something. Or Marlo and Elizabeth together, stuck on a desert island. Just got them and their primal urges

Welcome to NES and the Carolinas.

My avatar tells my story. 4+ years and miss my New England friends and family but not much else.
Hoping to add one to the club later this year, early next year, after my 2nd kid is graduated and moved to PA, and my daughter is married. She's living down there near Rock Hill already.

The job search begins.........

Any suggestions on possible areas where I’ll be able to plink in the backyard legally and being within 35 driving minutes to major hospital around Myrtle beach SC or Sarasota FL ?
I started with initial glimpse, but still in sticker price shock.
What am I looking for in regards to lot size and law requirements ?

Last edited:
Any suggestions on possible areas where I’ll be able to plink in the backyard legally and being within 35 driving minutes to major hospital around Myrtle beach SC or Sarasota FL ?
I started with initial glimpse, but still in sticker price shock.
What am I looking for in regards to lot size and law requirements ?

You'll have to check surrounding town or county by-laws.
Fortunately , both states you're looking at are suppressor-friendly

You'll have to check surrounding town or county by-laws.
Fortunately , both states you're looking at are suppressor-friendly
Thanks Dan.
my concern is that my maximum distance from Medical facility may impact my options and that was main basis for my questions in regards to counties, local bylaw’s and approximate price range ballpark on minimum to medium allowable size lots with houses already on it.
At this point I’m trying just to get an idea of what I’m looking at and for.

Last edited:
Thanks Dan.
my concern is that my maximum distance from Medical facility may impact my options and that was main basis for my questions in regards to counties, local bylaw’s and approximate price range ballpark on minimum to medium allowable size lots with hoses already on it.
At this point I’m trying just to get an idea of what I’m looking at and for.

Forgot about this place-

You could probably pick up some good info about s.c. there

Back
Top Bottom