Forgot/Lost keys at the range?

Hey guys, haven't done much lock picking in the recent past but i lost a key at home for my master lock on my rifle... I know its going to turn up when i drill out the lock so I pulled out the ol' paper clips. Still got it...FYI the smaller cable locks you will usually need a bobby pin or actual lock pick tools since the keys are thinnerView My Video

On many of these locks, you can pull back the rubber and use a probe to pull back the spring and unlatch the trigger lock, particularly if you did not press really hard when putting the lock on the gun.

Right after he failed reading comprehension, he aced the course on that.

I see the words "cable lock" and "master lock" in the original post, but the word trigger??????? No.
Granted I did not watch the video and it probably is a trigger lock but give a guy a break.

BTW, if it I'd not super tight, I can usually get them off with a very small screwdriver or knife.

When I bought locks (I have this effin state) I bought as many as I could that had the same key number. Must have a total of 15 locks and only 3 keys.

If destroying the lock is the only alternative, you can twist/snap it off with two pairs of visegrips.

When I bought locks (I have this effin state) I bought as many as I could that had the same key number. Must have a total of 15 locks and only 3 keys.

Get all combo locks then reset them all to the same combo...

https://www.etrailer.com/question-89030.html

Last edited:
every homeowner should have a set of lockpicks, I've found them to be very handy when I'm managed to place my keys on the wrong side of a locked door.

I had a minor panic event two nights ago when I replaced the batteries in my bedroom safe. I tried the damn combo three times before I locked it back up, and as soon as I locked it, it lost power. I have an elaborate system of leaving keys for one safe inside of another safe, and so on, but I spent about 30 minutes trying to find the override key for the bedroom safe.

I finally did find it, and it turned out that the old batteries had leaked and corroded up the terminals in the safe. I cleaned them up, re-tried the combo 5-6 times, and all was well.

I need to learn to pick locks. It's a skill I have always wanted to try.

Back
Top Bottom