• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

For those planning to go to theBig E...

Not really my thing anyway, but I definitely won't be going this year. There is a big banner across the road near one of the entrances that had a huge "No Weapons" and "metal detectors in use" section on it. They always have no weapons signs near the entrances, but this the first time I've seen it so boldly advertised, AND mentioning metal detectors. WTF?[rolleyes]

Wonderful. Planned on going Saturday. Thanks for the heads up.

How good is this going to work when they sell knives in the big e

Didn't some poor woman from NH lose her pocketbook that happens to have her carry gun in it?

I'm sure she's a felon by now. But perhaps this is why.

And no, the big E sucks. And has sucked for at least 25 years. Probably longer.

I must be one of the few who actually enjoy the big E. Always seem to spend a few $100 there on food and beer. Usually a good variety of beer actually from different vendors. Always get me some jerky, a turkey leg, and a baked potato. Kicks off fall for me.

I must be one of the few who actually enjoy the big E. Always seem to spend a few $100 there on food and beer. Usually a good variety of beer actually from different vendors. Always get me some jerky, a turkey leg, and a baked potato. Kicks off fall for me.

Haven't been to the Big E in a while myself.... But, with the exception of the crowd enjoyed it when I went. If you enjoy the Big E do some internetting and you will find lots of smaller local fairs that are even better. I think Topsfield is this weekend. I personally enjoy Fryeburg, ME and have gone every year for longer than I care to admit.

People still go to that show ???

I remember back in the 80's when it was the biggest show in New England, and packed to the rafters.
But as the years went by, and other shows started popping up (such as Marlboro), it got smaller and smaller every time.
After the Harshbarger "Mass Compliant" BS of 1998, the vendor count went into an accelerated nosedive causing many of the out-of-state vendors to skip going completely.
I myself gave up on it for good when they started charging you to park, but by then it was merely a shadow of it's former self and not worth the 80 mile drive, especially when Marlboro and Wilmington were both much closer.
Now I'm not telling anyone not to go, if you live close by and want to kill a few hours, go for it, but it wasn't worth the time or effort me anymore.
However, now that I live in NH, it's a moot point because I'll never bother with any Mass show again anyway.

People still go to that show ???

I remember back in the 80's when it was the biggest show in New England, and packed to the rafters.
But as the years went by, and other shows started popping up (such as Marlboro), it got smaller and smaller every time.
After the Harshbarger "Mass Compliant" BS of 1998, the vendor count went into an accelerated nosedive causing many of the out-of-state vendors to skip going completely.
I myself gave up on it for good when they started charging you to park, but by then it was merely a shadow of it's former self and not worth the 80 mile drive, especially when Marlboro and Wilmington were both much closer.
Now I'm not telling anyone not to go, if you live close by and want to kill a few hours, go for it, but it wasn't worth the time or effort me anymore.
However, now that I live in NH, it's a moot point because I'll never bother with any Mass show again anyway.

You're thinking of the wrong show. OP is referencing the fair at the Big E running now. The gun show is still several weeks away after the Big E Fair. Though I agree with you on the gun show. Not work it!

Hypothetically, what happens if you get flagged by the scanner at the gate?

Not sure. I'm assumed your asked to leave. If they even work. I was recently in a strip club DD for a few buddies and it never occurred to me that I had my ccw on me. Was frisked and went though the metal detectors.

And Strip clubs are much less entertaining when your sober. Women go from B's to D's

Went to see Blue Man Group out at the Charles Theater and wanted to bring my ccw because the neighborhood sucks. I'm glad I didnt because they had a wand and did a search, but I've since wondered what would happen if such an instance popped up.

You're thinking of the wrong show. OP is referencing the fair at the Big E running now. The gun show is still several weeks away after the Big E Fair. Though I agree with you on the gun show. Not work it!

Sorry, the OP didn't specify.
This being the general discussion section of a gun forum, I thought it was about the gun show.

Haven't been to the Big E in a while myself.... But, with the exception of the crowd enjoyed it when I went. If you enjoy the Big E do some internetting and you will find lots of smaller local fairs that are even better. I think Topsfield is this weekend. I personally enjoy Fryeburg, ME and have gone every year for longer than I care to admit.

Topsfield is Sep 30 to Oct 10 this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big E = same dozen or so crap merchants in five different places.

It wasn't always like that, but last time I was there (admittedly a few years ago now) that what it had become.

Big E for me is a place to blow a bunch of money on food and booze, so don't carry there anyway

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom