For Tank

I wanted you to know what happened to me today while shopping for one of my "adopted" boys who's over there with you now. (And btw, if you happen to run into a Sgt. Joe B. from the 181 CoB Engineers DON'T tell him this story, cuz he's the one getting this. [lol] )

I decided to see if I could find a small Xmas tree that I could decorate and send over to him, so I hit one of the craft stores in the area. I found the perfect tree and little doo dads to decorate it. Well, I was standing there in line, ready to check out when I saw a small flag. It's was 3" x 4", but it gave me an idea. I started looking for smaller flags, but didn't see them, so I asked one of the ladies working there. I told her I wanted a really small flag. She pointed towards the ones I had seen and I said no, they were too big. She looked at the tree in my hand and asked me what I was going to use it for. I told her that I wanted one to stick on top of the tree. She blinked a couple times, so I smiled and said, "This will be going to Iraq." as I held up the tree.

Well, she broke out into a huge grin and said, "What an excellent idea!"

They didn't have any smaller ones, but she suggested that I use some stickers and make one (which is what I wound up doing). So, I go over and found some flag stickers and then went back to the check out. The same woman I had talked to before was on a register, so I went over to that one. As she was ringing me out, she asked me if it was my son over there. I told her no, but I had adopted a soldier. She smiled again and said, "Please tell him that we appreciate his service and thank him so much for what he's doing?"

I assured her that I would.

The woman behind me in line heard the exchange and she chimmed in her appreciation as well. Just thought you'd like to hear that. So, when you hear the A-holes on the news, just remember there's WAY more folks that support you than the media cares for, so they'll do their damndest to make it sound like the whole US of A is against what's going on.

Sometimes we also get the oh, my firend, brother,etc will be going over shortly. Which is what happened yesterday when we went to get Alan's cigarettes. He doesn't like hadji cigarettes. So we gave him suggestions to give to his friend on what to take. We get mixed,but it hasn't been anything bad.

I wanted to put this in Tank's section because I've got a message for him. I heard on the radio that there are some a-holes who are sending Christmas cards to our kids in the military hospitals and the card ends with "PS - Die." I also heard that they may be sending them over to Iraq as well.

I won't bother to tell you what I think of these ba$tard$ because I'll have to moderate my own post, however - TANK - if you hear of that happening over there - make sure that your guys know it's only a handful (if that many) of snots who are doing this, and it does NOT represent the majority back home.

[twisted] [twisted] [twisted] ....put me in a room with these idiots for just 5 minutes...just 5 - that's all I want.

C-pher said:
Man, that's got my blood boiling..

Karma, all I can think of is the Karma towards the people that are writing these letters....

I firmly believe in Karma - what you do returns 3 fold, and in THIS lifetime, not the hereafter. Sometimes it takes a while, but when it hits, it hits hard.

Lynne said:
C-pher said:
Man, that's got my blood boiling..

Karma, all I can think of is the Karma towards the people that are writing these letters....

I firmly believe in Karma - what you do returns 3 fold, and in THIS lifetime, not the hereafter. Sometimes it takes a while, but when it hits, it hits hard.

Yes it does....

I want to know if they are sending any soldier,because if that's the case, it won't reach them. Now if they have an address,that really pisses me off. My airheaded sister in law can't understand why I am protective of giving out Alan's info. For this very reason. I would hope the hospitals intercept these cards. I will also tell Alan. I believe Tank is on his way back stateside.
Like Lynne, I can't post what I really think of them, but I hope they get theirs in spades.

MrsWildweasel said:
Start a post, and we can all say something. Then print it? Is that what you are thinking?

Does anyone have the name of someone who's in Walter Reed, or in some other hospital that's recooping? DON'T put their name here, but, would you being willing to send them what we post???? (Don't know if that's what you thought Ross, but it sparked Sue :D ) If you are willing to do that, we could start a "Get well" thread to add greetings to it,, and it could be passed around to the boys. I like that idea. :D

MrsWildweasel said:
I personally don't know anyone,but maybe Nickle would be able to help out.

Ooooh Nickie baby???? Can you get a name or two? PM me and let me know - I'll create a new thread for it. I will ask everyone now that in this new thread, you can add jokes if you want too, but PLEASE, PLEASE, don't take it off topic?? This will be sent to someone who doesn't know us, so let's keep the banter out of it, k? For Mother??? Pretty Please??? (don't make me grovel...it's not a pretty sight)

MrsWildweasel said:
Start a post, and we can all say something. Then print it? Is that what you are thinking?

I was actually thinking of printing up cards that say "Northeast Shooters" on them and people could use them to write, but the post could work, too. I was thinking of heading to CVS for some cards tomorrow, actually.

Give me a little time, I may be able to come up with a few names. I know TF Saber has to have some of their wounded still in the hospital. And these would be local boys.

Tank is stateside now. He got into Camp Shelby, MS yesterday via Bangor, ME...had I known they were flying yesterday I could have met him in Bangor!!!!! Sometimes I hate that they can't pass info!

I haven't talked to him in almost 2 weeks. I changed phone service while he was gone, and he can't remember my new phone number! He called a friend who's number he's always had memorized, and had the friend pass his message along.

According to the paper, they should be leaving MS on the 16th, but nothing official yet.

We will be staying in VT for a couple of days so that he can put his application in for a 3rd deployment, so I'm not sure when we will finally be home.

I'll let you know if anything changes.

Lynne said:
I wanted to put this in Tank's section because I've got a message for him. I heard on the radio that there are some a-holes who are sending Christmas cards to our kids in the military hospitals and the card ends with "PS - Die." I also heard that they may be sending them over to Iraq as well.

I won't bother to tell you what I think of these ba$tard$ because I'll have to moderate my own post, however - TANK - if you hear of that happening over there - make sure that your guys know it's only a handful (if that many) of snots who are doing this, and it does NOT represent the majority back home.

[twisted] [twisted] [twisted] ....put me in a room with these idiots for just 5 minutes...just 5 - that's all I want.

To hell with the 5 minutes, give me 5 shots.

Skald said:
Lynne said:

To hell with the 5 minutes, give me 5 shots.

Although I understand the sentiment, Skald, no. Never use a gun to get satisfaction with these a-holes. First - it would just give the anti's satisfaction, and more ammo. Second - I would take MUCH more satisfaction in verbally ripping them a new one than I would by popping them. The verbal ammo wouldn't take all that much either, since people like that are usually mentally challenged.

Memories

Talk about bringing up memories!!!

I have spent a lot of time trying to let go of some of the crap I got when I got home... For the most part I am fine these days. Though most of the time I do feel an itch to teach these idiots a lesson or two.

Sorry it has been so long since I last was round here. I had a LOT of soul searching to do in the years following my second tour. I guess it just took me some time to figure out how to fit into the picture again.

Hope everyone is doing well
Tank

Tank
I don't know you but I did serve in the US NAVY back in the mid to late 70's so we are somewhat of the same family.

Welcome home, and Welcome back to the board.

One thing that always cheers me up is going out and buying a new Pistol or Rifle.

You might need it for the coming revolution.

Talk about bringing up memories!!!

I have spent a lot of time trying to let go of some of the crap I got when I got home... For the most part I am fine these days. Though most of the time I do feel an itch to teach these idiots a lesson or two.

Sorry it has been so long since I last was round here. I had a LOT of soul searching to do in the years following my second tour. I guess it just took me some time to figure out how to fit into the picture again.

Hope everyone is doing well
Tank

Back
Top Bottom