Fly Fishing western MA

Just wondering if anyone has done any trout fly fishing in western MA going to head to the Deerfield Monday unless someone suggests something I like better. I am absolutely not going near the Lower Swift that much I know. My brother lives in Hadley and says its been good fishing in the Deerfield just looking for other ideas or maybe a new place to try

I'm not a fly fisherman or even much of a river fisherman, but I see guys flock the the Farmington River, West Branch in Otis. Always busy at the end of the street, but mostly after a stocking event.

I have heard that the Millers River is really good to flyfish.
Try the Swift sometime way down River Road. Most people dont walk that far, there are tons of good pools and log jams that hold nice trout.
The Housatonic is supposed to be good also, big browns from what I have heard.

Tightlines!

-op

Thanks I have fished the heck out of the Swift and there are great fish and good spots down River road if you are up for a bit of a walk I was just looking for a newer spot the fish are just so damn smart there from all the fishing pressure it gets. I just got home from the Deerfield I went up to where the North River comes in on RT 2 I killed them early this AM some good Rainbows

Next time you are comming out to Western MA. contact me and we can hook up. I do not fish the Deerfield, however I do fish most of the other rivers. I love the Y Pool on the Swift Fly fish only catch and release.

Last edited:
Sorry If I know you will be comming by after 4:00 I can sometimes make arrangements to get back to the shop. Just call me first.
413 579 1994

Back
Top Bottom