Florida jewelry store owner shoots teen robbery suspect in the head

Americans doing the job the government won't! God help him if it were to take place in Mass though.

I really don't mind seeing a punk get his. It's a good thing after all. That said, it would be pretty hard to make a self defense claim when the perp has exited the store and is already in a car.

I personally would not have pursued this guy and shot at a fleeing car over some presumably insured jewelry.

But as a thought exercise...
What would folks here do in the same scenario had the fleeing thief stole a gun and box of ammo - - would that make a difference in your decision to shoot?

:emoji_tiger:

It's all about the details.. what kind of gun? How many guns does that leave me with? Am I retired LEO with a get out of jail free card?

I get it. We would like this to be a good shoot. As we would like others to not be able to steal from, or otherwise victimize us, and get a free pass once they are done and have begun fleeing. Seems so lousy, that once the bad guy turns and flees, now the good guys adrenaline has to be null and void. That said, this is a bad shoot. There was much more that turning and fleeing going on here. Especially as a former LEO, the judgement was questionable. The shot it self tho, while running, head shot through the back back window, of a moving target? Hot dang, that was a hell of a shot. Still a bad shoot, this seems to me to be truly a case of that’s what insurance is for. I wonder if he gets charged... FLA so could go either way

Hell of a shot? Did he even aim or just spray and pray?

Back
Top Bottom