Flint Armament - Fall River, MA

Hello all.

Just wanted to give a quick review of my experience at Flint Armament. I registered to this site a couple years ago before taking my safety course. It's been a few years but i finally got my license this past week.[smile]

Anyhow i drove by on Saturday and decided to take a look around. I can't compare the selection to other stores as this is the only gun shop I'v ever been to but IMO they had a good selection of guns. More importantly the staff was great. I told the guy (think his name was Jason) that i was brand new to the gun world and was looking for suggestions on my first pistol. He was very informative and took the time to show me a whole bunch of pistols that i might like.

Overall they have a friendly atmosphere, good prices and excellent customer service.

Bought 2 guns from Flint recently. Spoke to the president/owner Roger who was very informative and helpful. He took the time to quote me an accurate price on a m&p15ft and got me the rifle the day after I put my deposit down!!! Other shops in the area were quoting me the more expensive model and did not take the time to go on S&W website to identify which gun I was wanting. I got a brand new m&p15ft for $1105 and a brand new LC9 for $399. Great people, male and female employees, larger store and more inventory than pheasant ridge, village sports, & richie's sporting by far!!! New used and consigned, law enforcement models as well. Plenty of accessories, holsters, targets in stock. Highly recommended!!!!

I agree, it's always a pleasure to stop in and look around and say hi to Roger. I was there Thursday and noticed they now have a room dedicated to reloading supplies. It's good to see Roger working so hard to provide us all with the guns and gear we need and want.

-Cuz

I know someone who drives all the way to four season's, about an hour drive....but he has never gone to flint, which is about a 15min drive. I think he would be surprised, maybe one day he'll decide to stop in and realize he doesn't need to drive all that way!!

flint isnt that bad some of their stuff is a lil pricey but bought a mosin from them for a 100 bucks and came with the bayonet and everything and they had plenty of ammo as well

Nice place but a bit pricey. Looks like they charge almost full retail. Sig p238 at Four seasons is 579 at Flint 640. I bought one there out of convenience but I will continue to drive to four seasons from South Coast. After gas i still save about $10-$20 on average.

i have been to flint a couple times i wanted to get a ar rifle i ended up looking at the s&w m&p15 sport because of the price i ended up buying it for $599 at four seasons over $150 cheaper than flint. i will go to four seasons over flint even though its a 1hr 30 min drive over flint any day just my $0.02 i have literally saved hundreds on my firearms purchases by taking the drive out there.

Was just in there last night and liked the store. Everything seemed well laid out, friendly, willing to answer questions. They happened to have my purchase that I couldn't find elsewhere (discontinued model), so was worth the 2 hour drive down (someone gave me a heads up that they might have it, sent an email, and got a reply to confirm that they did still have it). Picked up a few other small items.

Overall, very pleased and would stop in again if I was in the area.

Flint Armament is a great store. It is a little small, but they stock quite a bit. Very friendly sales staff. New room opened up for reloading supplies (good stuff). Definitely worth stopping by and checking out the store.

Went to Flint Armament today, great group of people. I purchased a couple of guns, staff was very knowledgeable....they had what I wanted in stock. I'll be back spending the rent money..

Stopped in today and the place was packed. Place has a good selection and the staff is very friendly, however the prices are very high. I wanted to pick up a small Micro vault that is $89 at FS & online but they wanted $149!!!!! That's over 50% more. They wanted close to $500 for an M&P 15-22 that I just pIcked up for $399. I wanted to tell the guy buying it to run.

Thats just a couple of samples. Nice to look research but much better prices elsewhere. I think if a reasonable competitor opened Nearby they would cleanup.

I certainly hope he changes his mind about opening another Flint in East Freetown because he is about to encounter a lot of opposition against it. He appears to have started his ball rolling on opening and we have started our ball rolling on making sure it never happens or doesn't last long in the plaza if he does get approval. He can keep his high prices and "make my own rules" business in Fall River.

I certainly hope he changes his mind about opening another Flint in East Freetown because he is about to encounter a lot of opposition against it. He appears to have started his ball rolling on opening and we have started our ball rolling on making sure it never happens or doesn't last long in the plaza if he does get approval. He can keep his high prices and "make my own rules" business in Fall River.

I guess you don't like capitalism? If you don't like them don't shop there otherwise MYOFB and let people run whatever they want for a legit legal business, am I missing something here?

I guess you don't like capitalism? If you don't like them don't shop there otherwise MYOFB and let people run whatever they want for a legit legal business, am I missing something here?

Yes you are missing something. Any other person or shop moving there and I would have bought a gun and supplies I don't need on their opening day to support them and would love to see a gun shop in that spot. Not THIS gunshop. I don't want it in my town. Plain and simple. I don't want to drive down the road from my house everyday and see that shop there so it is my choice as a resident of this town to do what I choose to in order to ensure it doesn't open or isn't open for long. Plain and simple.

Yes you are missing something. Any other person or shop moving there and I would have bought a gun and supplies I don't need on their opening day to support them and would love to see a gun shop in that spot. Not THIS gunshop. I don't want it in my town. Plain and simple. I don't want to drive down the road from my house everyday and see that shop there so it is my choice as a resident of this town to do what I choose to in order to ensure it doesn't open or isn't open for long. Plain and simple.

How are you going to ensure a business does not open or stay open for long?

Last edited:
Yes you are missing something. Any other person or shop moving there and I would have bought a gun and supplies I don't need on their opening day to support them and would love to see a gun shop in that spot. Not THIS gunshop. I don't want it in my town. Plain and simple. I don't want to drive down the road from my house everyday and see that shop there

Little difficult to decipher what the heck your trying to say but I'll give it a go.

You don't mind there being a "gun shop" but just not "Flint Armament"? May I ask why? Believe me when I say I'm not as huge of a fan of Flint as some but I haven't seen, or know of anything that would warrant a ban on them.

Also, as a resident of the town how do you plan on keeping THIS shop out and welcome another one? Sounds like a personal vendetta to me. Please elaborate on what exactly you have against them.

Last edited:
My dealings with Flint have been straight forward and professional. As a matter of fact I find it refreshing that Flint presents itself as any responsible retail establishment would. It's clean, well stocked, and its staff is friendly. I've been to more than a few gun stores that were less than welcoming or inviting. As far as shopping around goes, I have no problem with that, a good deal is a deal. The question I always ask is 'what is your time worth?'. If you invest 2, 3 hours and save 20 bucks, not worth it to me - 100... maybe, but even then I'm on the edge. Everybody sets their own worth. As far as the personal attacks go - the internet is a wonderful place to do it - you get to attack, present no 'facts' or skewed 'facts' and everybody gets to remember how they were screwed by somebody else and wonder if the same thing happened to the poster. Keeping a busines out of a town? - I know it happens and every town has its gadfly, or worse, social crusader(s). Big companies have been the victims, McDonalds, Walmart, Home Depot, etc. I just hope that residents of East Freetown (Ironic huh?) appreciate its self-appointed protector of commerce.

I don't want to drive down the road from my house everyday and see that shop there so it is my choice as a resident of this town to do what I choose to in order to ensure it doesn't open or isn't open for long. Plain and simple.
Plain and simple certainly, yet ripe for criticism.

As far as the personal attacks go - the internet is a wonderful place to do it - you get to attack, present no 'facts' or skewed 'facts' and everybody gets to remember how they were screwed by somebody else and wonder if the same thing happened to the poster. Keeping a business out of a town? - I know it happens and every town has its gadfly, or worse, social crusader(s). Big companies have been the victims, McDonalds, Walmart, Home Depot, etc. I just hope that residents of East Freetown (Ironic huh?) appreciate its self-appointed protector of commerce.

The circumstances surrounding my extreme dislike for Flint had been published here on NES very openly before. Some of you may not have seen it before it was removed and some would rather not bother to even look for information here because it takes too much time to find it and would rather just assume this is a "personal attack". I am going to apologize to Derek in advanced for posting excerpts from a previous post on NES that he later removed. These excerpts are part of a post that was put on a public and open forum previously by one party involved. These are not from private correspondence sent to me. I figure I will be reprimanded/suspended/banned for doing so but if that is what it takes to open some eyes then so be it. The original incident had nothing to do with me but I do know the individual involved. That being said I take no sides regarding the employee/employer relationship and what happened between them. I do take exception to how Roger at Flint put his personal name and the Flint Arms business ahead of our legal gun rights and tried to use various threats to protect his “good name” form being “besmirched”.

After a fairly ugly breakup between employer and employee at Flint an email was sent to the employee firing him. There were other circumstances involving the employee and possible loss of LTC but he still had a valid and current LTC at that given time (and still may). Some firearms had been put into Rogers inventory by the employee for use in classes he was doing for Flint and others may have been as well. I, personally, do not know the extent of how many firearms went into inventory.

Furthermore, I want to state that there is a great deal of public outrage on NES (and elsewhere) regarding bonded warehouses and how unfair they are. Comm2a is doing great work right now trying to address these issues in court. You will see in the quotes excerpts below that the bonded warehouse was brought up in the verbal threat used to prevent the employee from “besmirching” Flint Arms. What is also a problem is that in this email to the employee where the offer to store the firearms until they could be picked up it shows a willingness to hold them and release them. When the time came for the firearms to be picked up a great deal of effort was put forth NOT to release them.

Here is the except regarding storage:

Flint said:
I suspect that you will want to lash out verbally or electronically over your termination. If Flint Armament, the management or staff are besmirched in any way, I can assure you that I my attorney will seek any and all appropriate remedies.

Flint said:
Flint Armament will continue to store your firearms and ammunition free of charge for up to 3 months provided you conduct yourself in the best interest of Flint Armament and its Management and Staff. After three months, if you are unable to accept receipt of your firearms, we will consider extending this offer for another 3 months if you have abided by our terms contained within. After six months, if you are still unable to accept receipt of your firearms, they will be transferred to a bonded warehouse for final disposition. Please note that if any defamation of Flint Armament, its Management or Staff occurs, this offer is rescinded in its entirety and you will be responsible for reasonable and customary charges starting at Midnight tonight.

Below is an excerpt from the original post from the employee describing what happened upon trying to pick the firearms up:

Nick said:
I had also brought in several guns in to use during my training courses and for legal purposes they were put into Flint inventory. I have a valid Class A LTC and trespassing me (even though an e-mail trespass is not exactly legitimate) was an attempt to prevent me from retrieving my property. Offering to not charge me "storage fees" if I don't "besmirch" the company could also be considered extortion as well. I returned the following night with John Costa, a federally and state licensed firearms dealer, to retrieve my firearms and other property. It took the mediation of the Fall River Police Department and 4 of it's officers and supervisors to get back the firearms that I owned. One of the first thing he said when I arrived was "I may not know the laws, but I don't think he can take these...". I had to wait in the street because I wasn't allowed on Flint property and John had quoted Roger as telling the police officers that I was, "a hothead", "emotionally unstable", and "that I was in gun trouble". The officers checked that my LTC was valid (even though it was John who was technically transporting them in my pickup), and after 40 minutes of him trying to prevent it they finally told him to give me my firearms and I went on my way.

Some of you here keep stating that this is some kind of personal vendetta for me or that it was an employee/employee issue. This is neither of those cases. This is a case where we have a gun shop owner that is supposed to be a “champion for our causes” that was more concerned with his own good name than the legal and moral issues regarding our second amendment rights. We have enough issues with the current laws we have stacked against us but when a shop owner decides to go above and beyond those laws I have a problem with that. He had no legal right to try to prevent the employee from leaving his establishment with those guns. If he did then the officers would not have allowed the firearms to leave the store.

There will always be those individuals who like the convenience of the shop location or the fact that they did nothing to me yet so I will keep on going there. There also those who think it was a one time employee/employer thing and that it would never happen again. My point is it should have never happened in the first place.

To be fair, if this were a case where Roger feels he may have handled the issue wrong I could see this point and acknowledge we all make mistakes. After speaking with others who have talked with him about this incident he still feels he did nothing wrong. Also Flint WAS a dealer here on NES during the whole time this was publicly being discussed and not once did anyone at Flint openly refute any of what was being posted. You may say he didn’t want to publicly discuss what could be a legal matter or not want to air dirty laundry and I can see that. However, if I had been unfairly accused of doing something like this I would have at least drafted a letter and posted it to clear the air. NES is a place with a lot of opinions, influence with the politics, and community involvement with firearms. If I am a dealer trying to use NES to help my business I certainly would try to use that same avenue to right a wrong.

I was at a game dinner a couple of weeks ago and one of the door prizes were four $25 gift certificates to Flint. My numbers were pulled 3 times for them and I told them to give them to someone else. That is my right as a consumer to voice my opinion. As it is my right as a citizen in my town to make an attempt to keep that shop out of my town. Most people I speak with who do not know what happened soon change their thinking after knowing what occurred. Not all people because not everyone is committed to fighting for our rights. We have people here who lash out politicians for trying to strip our rights. We also have those who see the things that were done by Northeast Trading, still done by bonded warehouses and what was done at Flint to be worse because they are supposed to be part of the solution and not the problem. We have enough problems with fighting the antis without having to fight our own as well.

In a nutshell, I don’t have respect for a person who will put their corporate name ahead of the rights of you and I.

Charlie

Last edited:
The circumstances surrounding my extreme dislike for Flint had been published here on NES very openly before. Some of you may not have seen it before it was removed and some would rather not bother to even look for information here because it takes too much time to find it and would rather just assume this is a "personal attack". I am going to apologize to Derek in advanced for posting excerpts from a previous post on NES that he later removed. These excerpts are part of a post that was put on a public and open forum previously by one party involved. These are not from private correspondence sent to me. I figure I will be reprimanded/suspended/banned for doing so but if that is what it takes to open some eyes then so be it. The original incident had nothing to do with me but I do know the individual involved. That being said I take no sides regarding the employee/employer relationship and what happened between them. I do take exception to how Roger at Flint put his personal name and the Flint Arms business ahead of our legal gun rights and tried to use various threats to protect his “good name” form being “besmirched”.

After a fairly ugly breakup between employer and employee at Flint an email was sent to the employee firing him. There were other circumstances involving the employee and possible loss of LTC but he still had a valid and current LTC at that given time (and still may). Some firearms had been put into Rogers inventory by the employee for use in classes he was doing for Flint and others may have been as well. I, personally, do not know the extent of how many firearms went into inventory.

Furthermore, I want to state that there is a great deal of public outrage on NES (and elsewhere) regarding bonded warehouses and how unfair they are. Comm2a is doing great work right now trying to address these issues in court. You will see in the quotes excerpts below that the bonded warehouse was brought up in the verbal threat used to prevent the employee from “besmirching” Flint Arms. What is also a problem is that in this email to the employee where the offer to store the firearms until they could be picked up it shows a willingness to hold them and release them. When the time came for the firearms to be picked up a great deal of effort was put forth NOT to release them.

Here is the except regarding storage:

Below is an excerpt from the original post from the employee describing what happened upon trying to pick the firearms up:

Some of you here keep stating that this is some kind of personal vendetta for me or that it was an employee/employee issue. This is neither of those cases. This is a case where we have a gun shop owner that is supposed to be a “champion for our causes” that was more concerned with his own good name than the legal and moral issues regarding our second amendment rights. We have enough issues with the current laws we have stacked against us but when a shop owner decides to go above and beyond those laws I have a problem with that. He had no legal right to try to prevent the employee from leaving his establishment with those guns. If he did then the officers would not have allowed the firearms to leave the store.

There will always be those individuals who like the convenience of the shop location or the fact that they did nothing to me yet so I will keep on going there. There also those who think it was a one time employee/employer thing and that it would never happen again. My point is it should have never happened in the first place.

To be fair, if this were a case where Roger feels he may have handled the issue wrong I could see this point and acknowledge we all make mistakes. After speaking with others who have talked with him about this incident he still feels he did nothing wrong. Also Flint WAS a dealer here on NES during the whole time this was publicly being discussed and not once did anyone at Flint openly refute any of what was being posted. You may say he didn’t want to publicly discuss what could be a legal matter or not want to air dirty laundry and I can see that. However, if I had been unfairly accused of doing something like this I would have at least drafted a letter and posted it to clear the air. NES is a place with a lot of opinions, influence with the politics, and community involvement with firearms. If I am a dealer trying to use NES to help my business I certainly would try to use that same avenue to right a wrong.

I was at a game dinner a couple of weeks ago and one of the door prizes were four $25 gift certificates to Flint. My numbers were pulled 3 times for them and I told them to give them to someone else. That is my right as a consumer to voice my opinion. As it is my right as a citizen in my town to make an attempt to keep that shop out of my town. Most people I speak with who do not know what happened soon change their thinking after knowing what occurred. Not all people because not everyone is committed to fighting for our rights. We have people here who lash out politicians for trying to strip our rights. We also have those who see the things that were done by Northeast Trading, still done by bonded warehouses and what was done at Flint to be worse because they are supposed to be part of the solution and not the problem. We have enough problems with fighting the antis without having to fight our own as well.

In a nutshell, I don’t have respect for a person who will put their corporate name ahead of the rights of you and I.

Charlie

This is what happens when half truths, rumors, out of context quotes and emotions get involved.

You are entitled to your opinion but this was bad form. I will not speak to "besmirch" either party or to state many facts on both sides of this issue which neither party would care discussed openly but there is MUCH more to this story.

I know your mind is made up and you do not desire to be confused by facts... I will leave it at that.

Flint is establishing themselves and in time with volume will be able to negotiate better prices. I know of several shops who struggle with the same challenge of needing to pay higher costs because they have not yet the volume to get the best prices. They need time like all the other small shops.

I can't speak of anything but my very positive experience at Flint. I had ordered a 1911 frame and had it shipped there for transfer to me. My dealings via E-mail with Roger were very professional and his transfer fee is one of the cheapest around. When I picked up the frame I was helped out by a very nice young lady and I have to say it was one of the friendliest and easiest transactions I have ever made at a gunshop.

Personally I choose where I shop and who I give business to by the way I am treated and the overall way I feel about the shop. There are two sides to every story and the best part about living in this country is we can all make our own choices. If you don't like the place don't shop there, I feel it is very unfair and out of place on this forum to "besmirch" Flint or any other company especially if you weren't even involved in the issue you are describing...

My $.02

This is what happens when half truths, rumors, out of context quotes and emotions get involved.

You are entitled to your opinion but this was bad form. I will not speak to "besmirch" either party or to state many facts on both sides of this issue which neither party would care discussed openly but there is MUCH more to this story.

I know your mind is made up and you do not desire to be confused by facts... I will leave it at that.

Flint is establishing themselves and in time with volume will be able to negotiate better prices. I know of several shops who struggle with the same challenge of needing to pay higher costs because they have not yet the volume to get the best prices. They need time like all the other small shops.

There it is.

Although, I still trying to figure this out...

How are you going to ensure a business does not open or stay open for long?

You and I have discussed this subject in the past and you know for a fact that I know that there was a legal issue regarding the LTC in question. That has no bearing on the facts. Fact is that he had a valid LTC at that point and wanted his guns back. Now if you think that Nick lied to me (or this whole forum) or that he fabricated that whole email firing letter from Flint then please just say so because as of now these are the facts that were presented. Nothing I was posting was based on rumor. You know full well that is the case Rick.

Last edited:
Charlie,

My entire concern is that regardless of what we know and regardless of what is believed by both parties there is an ongoing legal matter that this discussion can only hurt. If we do in fact believe in the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" then we need to give the needed space without added visibility or comment in any regard until Nick's issue is resolved with the State.

I am not suggesting that Nick lied, I am not suggesting that everything was handled perfectly by either party and I am not suggesting that there are not hatchets needing burying.

What I am suggesting is that THIS is not the forum for it and therein lies my issue.

For the record.... Unless and until he is proven a "Prohibited Person" through due process then we are doing him a disservice by discussing things in any way here. That has been my entire point and after his legal issues are resolved will be the time for Nick to decide how to handle the history with Roger.

Charlie,

My entire concern is that regardless of what we know and regardless of what is believed by both parties there is an ongoing legal matter that this discussion can only hurt. If we do in fact believe in the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" then we need to give the needed space without added visibility or comment in any regard until Nick's issue is resolved with the State.

I am not suggesting that Nick lied, I am not suggesting that everything was handled perfectly by either party and I am not suggesting that there are not hatchets needing burying.

What I am suggesting is that THIS is not the forum for it and therein lies my issue.

For the record.... Unless and until he is proven a "Prohibited Person" through due process then we are doing him a disservice by discussing things in any way here. That has been my entire point and after his legal issues are resolved will be the time for Nick to decide how to handle the history with Roger.

Amen! Time to shut this thread down just like the others before it for the good of everyone involved.

just go 5 minutes down the road to westport village sports great guys great prices and dont look back at flint problem solved

Back
Top Bottom