• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First time carry!

Carried my Sig P229 in my MTAC IWB. First time for me. If I were a smoker, a Newport would have completed the picture;-)

Have worn the empty holster a bunch of times. That helped me be a little less awkward but couldn't resist checking myself out in a few mirrors. Should have chosen a better shirt as mine was a little short but boy does that holster conceal. Cool! Can't wait for the group buy on Crossbred to be shipped so I can carry my Kimber!!

Any one else first timing this weekend??

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Congrats, and welcome to the world of carrying! How easily does that P229 conceal for you? I'm a thin dude and I used to carry bigger guns like the Glock 23, but I've recently downsized to a Walther PPS for carry. But I love Sigs. My P220 rocks as a range gun!

Be safe out there, and never get complacent about safety. Take care!

Good work. I love my MTAC and you're right, it does a heck of a job of concealing. Where was the first place you carried? Did you do the obligatory Walmart run?

Congrats, and welcome to the world of carrying! How easily does that P229 conceal for you? I'm a thin dude and I used to carry bigger guns like the Glock 23, but I've recently downsized to a Walther PPS for carry. But I love Sigs. My P220 rocks as a range gun!

Concealed fine, guess my weight does come in handy at times:). I thought it might be heavy but it wasn't. Still I'm looking forward to carrying my Kimber Aegis Ultra II. Thinner and lighter.

Be safe out there, and never get complacent about safety. Take care!

+1.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The first place I ever carried was a bank.....of all places

From there I walked over to the package store, which is in the same plaza, with the money I just withdrew to buy a rack to celebrate my new LTC and gun purchase. As I exited the bank a cruiser pulled up and I immediately thought....Oh s*it!!...I have a gun on me! I had to remind myself for a second that it's legal. It does take some getting used to....

Wow I can't even remember where I went or what I did my first day carrying. I can tell you I bought my first handgun the day my LTC came in the mail 2 weeks after my 21st birthday. It was a crappy FEG .380 (PPK clone) and I just tucked it between the boxers and the Levi's. [rolleyes]

It certainly takes some time getting used to having it on your hip all day. After a while it's like second nature though. Like grabbing anything else on your way out the door in the morning:

Wallet
Keys
Shades
Knife
Chapstick
Gun

This weekend wasn't my first time, but there were definitely some firsts: carried to my wife's 30th high school reunion and carried to black Friday shopping at Best Buy. After I was done shopping while the wife brought the car around I chatted up the cop at the door. He was carrying an M&P .40 and we talked about it a little. Since I seemed to know what I was talking about he asked me if I had my LTC. As soon as I said "yes", I saw his eyes drop to my waist! lol (Be a little more obvious, why don't you! [rofl] ) I had a little bit of nerves, but quickly realized he had no clue that my SigP239 was handily concealed by my Supertuck at my waist. When my wife pulled up, we wished each other a Merry Christmas and I went on my way.

Congrats! I carried for the first time a couple weeks ago. I have an IWB holster that I wear in the small of the back. I thought it was a little uncomfortable and I don't have any pants with room in the waist to accommodate it. I picked up an Uncle Mike's pocket holster and I've been carrying in a light jacket.

Good to hear, you do know its not official until you cruise WalMart and then enjoy a bowl of nacho's at the end (subway if thats all they have), sorry but those are the rules. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom