• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First C&R Purchase

E. German Makarov circa 1962. The pictures don't do it justice.

Great fit & finish; you'd never think it is 44 years old.

Mak1.jpg

Mak2.jpg

I almost bought one of those but something else expensive came up. I did though get a Russian one off an NESr here in 380 and it shoots great.
This should also get posted in the mil surp collectors forum.

First C&R Purchace

Verry Nice, you cant find a better Bang for the Buck when it comes to the
Makarov,s. And Hornaday has an X.T.P. Bullet that is outstanding!!! a friend
of mine had an FFL years ago and got ahold of two Russian 1970s Issue
Makaroves, one for him and one for me! well i shot mine quite a bit and his
collected dust, but after he had let his FFL go he told me that he was trading three guns in at Kittery Tradeing Post and one was his Makarov!! so i told
him, " i will go with you and whatever thay offer you in trade, I will give you Cash " so i sliped him the cash and he told them "im not going to trade this in"
to this day he has asked "are you ever going to sell that back to me??
i give him the same answer, NO if you had traded it in you would not know where it was but if want to visit with it for an afternoon we can arange that!
That Makarov has to be one of the most reliable desighns ever made i would
not swap it for the more expensive Walther,s (thay Jam) if i realy like a gun
i must have at least two of that model ! if you want something that works
get ahold one! (there,s nothing like a MAK-ATTACK) S.D.

I would not swap it for the more expensive Walther,s (thay Jam)
Say what? My PPK never jammed - the only time it ever FTF'd was directly traceable to crappy reloads or Blazer ammo - choked on every aluminum case or dented reload it tried to feed. (reloads from Gun Room in Shrewsbury are Not To Be Trusted) If the ammo was good - like factory - it'd feed every time. Including hollowpoints.

I have a 1971 mfd PPK/S that never jammed or FTF on any ammo that I fed it, factory or reloads (lead and HP). For a number of years I was firing 50-100 rds each Sunday thru it without any problems at all.

Ross, I ONLY fire reloads that I LOAD!

Mine went from the loading tray to an MTM box. No dings until they hit the ground after being fired.

Back
Top Bottom