• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FireClean sues blogger over "smear campaign"/scientific studies

Fireclean is a bunch of douchebags and I hope they get curb stomped business wise. They're another douche company like ARMS that throws a temper tantrum and files a lawsuit as soon as someone proves their product is shit.

-Mike

Typical of a patent. You try to be as broad as possible so that someone else can't start using Canola because ou specifically said grapeseed oil. So the patent is for an unspecified mixture or a pure vegetable oil, so if you start selling M1911 SuperKleen, you violate their patent if you are using a mix of veggie oils.

This would be a very hard patent to enforce.

A classic examples of an unenforceable but granted patent is the Win2K date windowing (consider any two digits XX < YY to be 20xx dates and any two digits XX >= YY to be 19xx dates). The author of that patent contacted a bunch of fortune 500 companies and demanded they audit their software and pay him 1/4% of revenues if they were using that obvious technique. He never collected anything.

And then there is the patent granted for moving a child's swingset by moving the legs and shifting body weight.

But then, Chip McCormick did negotiate royalties on modular AR15 triggers even though the technique was well established and obvious to anyone of ordinary skill in the art (think Timney triggers). It often a big game of chicken with each side thinking it can outspend the attorneys on the other side.

A classic examples of an unenforceable but granted patent is the Win2K date windowing (consider any two digits XX < YY to be 20xx dates and any two digits XX >= YY to be 19xx dates). The author of that patent contacted a bunch of fortune 500 companies and demanded they audit their software and pay him 1/4% of revenues if they were using that obvious technique. He never collected anything.

And then there is the patent granted for moving a child's swingset by moving the legs and shifting body weight.

But then, Chip McCormick did negotiate royalties on modular AR15 triggers even though the technique was well established and obvious to anyone of ordinary skill in the art (think Timney triggers). It often a big game of chicken with each side thinking it can outspend the attorneys on the other side.

I'm still waiting for MS and IBM to start paying my royalties on the patents for "methods of using 1 and 0 to converse with digital computers".

I think SAS has been doing the two digit cutoff year since the 70's. Can't believe someone was able to patent that.

Don't. Read up on flaxseed oil. It's a drying oil (like linseed). It polymerizes into a film-like finish.

That's why it's good for seasoning pans.

That's also why it's terrible to use on guns.

wow I have one on eddie

flax seed oil is same linseed oil and for guns it's great finish on my m1 carbine wood stock
so its good for some gun parts

Back
Top Bottom