Finally shot my SKS... You SKS guys are a buncha jerks!

I love my SKS... Such a fun rifle to shoot and despite the, "It's inaccurate" grumblings you hear from time to time, I can group it pretty tight.

SKS-D.jpg SKS-M.jpg SKS-Sport.jpg SKD-MAG.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some pictures of a SKS D, SKS M and SKS Sporter ...also a picture of the mag well. Enjoy!

They can be found on gunbroker from $450 to $ 850.... ya crazy prices be sometimes you can win a low bid deal.

Last edited:
Funny thing about prices… today we’re bitching about SKS’ running $300.. $400.. whatever. But it’s because there are still a lot of people who remember the $75 ones. Someday, we’ll be saying “Crap.. remember when we could buy these things for $300.. $400..?? Man.. those were the days, I should have bought more!!” Mark my words.. it will happen. Unless in the tiny chance that the laws are “liberalized” and the doors get opened up again. But I think we know the true odds of that. We’ll have suppressors in Massachusetts first.

The guy who's bitch'in the loudest is the guy who bought one of the first SKS to hit the American shores for around $1200. I hope he bought a dozen more at the bottom do he could dollar-cost-average!

Rome

Funny thing about prices… today we’re bitching about SKS’ running $300.. $400.. whatever. But it’s because there are still a lot of people who remember the $75 ones. Someday, we’ll be saying “Crap.. remember when we could buy these things for $300.. $400..?? Man.. those were the days, I should have bought more!!” Mark my words.. it will happen. Unless in the tiny chance that the laws are “liberalized” and the doors get opened up again. But I think we know the true odds of that. We’ll have suppressors in Massachusetts first.

+1

I picked up a yugo m59 in excellent condition for $299 18 months ago. I should buy more as the price has not gone up yet from that supplier. (No I will not share who openely)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Group buy? I want one, but I have a lot more to learn about them before I pull the trigger. However if we could pull off a buy for decent ones in that range I would certainly be in for at least one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Here are a few shots of my D

100_1729.jpg

100_1730.jpg

100_1731.jpg

I've sold off my other non military models including my sporter and Farmer's Friend.

100_0487.jpg

the sks is the firearm i keep beside the bed. a friend told me to buy one 15yrs ago i knew nothing about it at the time. since then i have three total. my favorite is a chinese model its absolutly flawless and is extremely accurate. who ever built it took extreme care in doing so. if the shtf one day and i had to take a couple of rifles with me i would really have trouble choosing between my ar's and sks's. i keep it beside my bed because it ALWAYS fires. many 1000's of rounds and it just will not die or jam.

I owned one 15 years ago and didn't like it cuz I'm an accuracy nut. I would love one if it would hold 2" at 100y. So, my dumb question is, is it possible to build up a match grade SKS?

I used to have a Yugo 59/66. It was the lack of accuracy that didn't work for me, too. That and I was never able to get all of the cosmoline out of it. It always had that cosmo smell whenever the barrel got warmed up. I mean, for a military/tactical application I'm sure it's fine. But, heck, Mosins are much more accurate.

For a military semi-auto from that era I still prefer my Garand. Had it at the range yesterday shooting steel at 100 yds. Bam! Whack! Bam! Whack. Ping! You can't miss with that thing.

Group buy? I want one, but I have a lot more to learn about them before I pull the trigger. However if we could pull off a buy for decent ones in that range I would certainly be in for at least one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I just checked and they are sold out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I used to have a Yugo 59/66. It was the lack of accuracy that didn't work for me, too. That and I was never able to get all of the cosmoline out of it. It always had that cosmo smell whenever the barrel got warmed up. I mean, for a military/tactical application I'm sure it's fine. But, heck, Mosins are much more accurate.

For a military semi-auto from that era I still prefer my Garand. Had it at the range yesterday shooting steel at 100 yds. Bam! Whack! Bam! Whack. Ping! You can't miss with that thing.

Depends on your criteria. I got mine because I don't love my AK and I want to generally hit things that I point at. With dirt cheap ammo. Garands are definitely cool and on my list of gonna have's. But there is a lot of call at Casa del Hora Dolor when I a) want to hear things go bang and/or b) Want to watch shit explode. Rarely do I need to pay 30-06 prices to do it. :)

Back
Top Bottom