Filing NFA Trust

Stupid question here but....section 11 of form 1 where they ask the questions about citizenship and crinimal background and such. The form says it should be answered only if an individual is the maker but guntrustlawyer shows it as filled out for a trust too. Wondering what other people with trusts had done. Thanks in advance

Stupid question here but....section 11 of form 1 where they ask the questions about citizenship and crinimal background and such. The form says it should be answered only if an individual is the maker but guntrustlawyer shows it as filled out for a trust too. Wondering what other people with trusts had done. Thanks in advance

Sections 10-16 arent necessary if you're applying as "Corporation or Other Legal Entity", e.g a trust. They're probably just showing it to you in case you're going the individual/CLEO route.

Also, if you e-file as a trust it doesn't even give you the opportunity to answer 10-16; I know because I had everything done and it bounced me out at the payment section late last night - system has been down since, so paper filing today.

Last edited:
So you wouldnt even need to sign the bottom of that page/section if filing as a trust it would seem? I think that is it for my bonehead, it-is-so obvious sort of questions.

So you wouldnt even need to sign the bottom of that page/section if filing as a trust it would seem? I think that is it for my bonehead, it-is-so obvious sort of questions.

That one says "signature of maker", so no; you should only sign as "applicant" and trustee on the behalf of the trust. I didn't fill out anything on the second side - I guess we'll see in a couple of months if I did it right.

It's a moot point now. The e-file system has been out since midnight last night and even if you go to the PO right now I doubt it will be postmarked until tomorrow.

Not sure if this was covered but make sure you're using the current version of the ATF forms as they've recently changed. The form 1 I submitted in mid June is different from the one I submitted yesterday.

My dealer said he got a call yesterday about paperwork that was submitted in Jan to give everyone an idea of the backlog.

Not sure if this was covered but make sure you're using the current version of the ATF forms as they've recently changed. The form 1 I submitted in mid June is different from the one I submitted yesterday.

My dealer said he got a call yesterday about paperwork that was submitted in Jan to give everyone an idea of the backlog.

Are you sure that he isn't getting confused with the new forms that go into effect tomorrow?

Are you sure that he isn't getting confused with the new forms that go into effect tomorrow?

The revision date of the current is 6/30/16. The revision date of the June version was 10/31/2013. I checked with my dealer thinking he same thing and he said there was a change at the end of June / July to the form and to use the new version.

Well 3 forms went out today in the mail, posted marked 7/12 out of Worcester. My first foray into this and probably last. The new stipulations to a trust have little appeal so hopefully in 6 months I get a bunch of stamps and am done.

Back
Top Bottom