FFL Transfer Problem

I haven't seen this problem anywhere. A friend of mine had an accidental discharge with one of his pistols actually shot himself in the finger. Well in his haste to get to the ER he left his guns unlocked and unattended. I know BAD move. So he gets to the ER and they contact local PD. they go to his house and bamo they confiscate the guns. Long story short he's not getting his CCL license back anytime soon. He wants to transfer ownership of the guns to me. The local PD said that he had to transfer ownership to them first and then they would transfer to me. Not saying I don't trust the PD BUT. Anyone dealt with anything like this

if they are not on "the list" and you're in MA your buddy is hosed.

very expensive lesson your friend just learned about booger hooks and bang switches.

There was thread on this recently, but I'm pretty sure an FFL can go claim them for him, and then transfer them to you if they're on the list. Otherwise, the FFL can work out what to do with the remaining firearms with the actual owner. Whatever you do, figure it out asap before they go to a bonded warehouse and instantly lose any real value.

If you post a location, there might be some recommendations for a good FFL that can help, ie: Precision Point Firearms in Woburn is awesome and, I believe, is willing to do this type of work.

I would have told the ER people that my finger got caught in the car door, smashed it with a hammer, cut off with a saw etc. In cases like this honesty doesn't pay. And I would NEVER tell a soul LOL.

How the f*** can you manage to shoot yourself in the finger!? JFC.

I've seen lots of 'tards put their fingers in front of a muzzle when trying to disassemble a handgun, if someone didn't triple check the gun was clear before proceeding, its easy to see how someone could shoot their finger off with a 1911, Glock, etc.

-Mike

I've seen lots of 'tards put their fingers in front of a muzzle when trying to disassemble a handgun, if someone didn't [STRIKE=triple] triple[/STRIKE] check the gun was clear before proceeding, its easy to see how someone could shoot their finger off with a 1911, Glock, etc.

-Mike

Fixed.

its actually "possession is nine points of the law", proof that when people repeat the wrong thing long enough, it becomes fact. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was thread on this recently, but I'm pretty sure an FFL can go claim them for him, and then transfer them to you if they're on the list. Otherwise, the FFL can work out what to do with the remaining firearms with the actual owner. Whatever you do, figure it out asap before they go to a bonded warehouse and instantly lose any real value.

If you post a location, there might be some recommendations for a good FFL that can help, ie: Precision Point Firearms in Woburn is awesome and, I believe, is willing to do this type of work.

we've done this for folks before, pretty painless. you need to make sure the PD knows that this is the plan though

So I'm curious here, who let them in the home to get to them and see them unlocked?

I'm guessing if this guy is dumb enough to shoot himself, and than proceed to tell the ER he shot himself, I am guessing he gave them permission to go into his house.

Or...we're not getting the whole story.

Been a member here for 2 years with 4 posts.

Is this even in MA? He said "CCL" in the OP.

I believe in Michigan they call their license CCL's, but I can't remember. Either CCL or CHL.

Back
Top Bottom