Feral cat problem in Australia

DJBrad

NES Member
While I have a love/hate relationship with Vice News I will give some love this Valentines Day for some of their more intriguing documentaries like this one I happened upon.

I will say I have a cat and love him much but I respect what these guys are dealing with in regards to a predator/prey imbalance. Of course the predator is an alien indeed.

I could see myself hanging with these Aussie rednecks all day long too.

The catman is a hoot. And yes, I want a feral cat pelt shifter!

I hear you can choke them buy putting your arm down their throat...

iu

iu

Sweet Revenge... Send It!

I cannot imagine how many birds and small animals are killed every year by the hundred+ million feral cats on the loose in America. It must number in the billions yearly.

My cat was an outdoor chancer who found us at his 2 year mark. Since then he’s now part of the family. I could not and moreover will not force him to be an indoor cat. I did find his hunting to be slightly difficult with neighbor friction and creating a small pet cemetery. We even tried to find him a new home (long story).

He’s taken out several fancy birds and baby bunnies over the years to my chagrin but the amount of mice, voles, and shrews smoted are innumerable, therefore I’m content. He’s certainly less skillful nowadays.

We found a feral cat that hung around our house for a few years before we could get near him.

Finally he accepted us as family. We took him to the vet, and found out that he was about 3 years old, and was never neutered.

Got him up to date with shots and neutering, and he became a great pet.

Was a stone cold hunter/killer, with hundreds of kills.

Australia's Most Invasive Species

During the colonisation of Australia many animals species were introduced to the country for numerous reasons, and many have since begun damaging the environment and economy. From the largest population of wild camels in the world to domestic pets gone wild, we’ve discovered Australia’s most invasive species.

I cannot imagine how many birds and small animals are killed every year by the hundred+ million feral cats on the loose in America. It must number in the billions yearly.

This...feral cats suck. We are near a large state area and people drop them off.

I have a dog so I don't get bothered, but my neighbor shoots them.

The coyotes and fishers around here generally take care of a lot of them now too.

This...feral cats suck. We are near a large state area and people drop them off.

I have a dog so I don't get bothered, but my neighbor shoots them.

The coyotes and fishers around here generally take care of a lot of them now too.
Sounds like you guys have it pretty well balanced then.

I’ve never had to deal with them but have seen what a ruination is caused by the unfettered breeding. I would be like your neighbor and make myself a feral-cat-pelt-shifter knob.

Sounds like you guys have it pretty well balanced then.

I’ve never had to deal with them but have seen what a ruination is caused by the unfettered breeding. I would be like your neighbor and make myself a feral-cat-pelt-shifter knob.

I will say...we are not heartless, but we used to have a place to bring them and drop them off for free.

We also got sick of dealing with it. So after many years of BS, a .22 became the answer. Plus, with the low grouse population as it is.....I don't want them around.

I used to see them a lot while hunting as well, not so much now. Again, I think the coyotes and fishers, and foxes, etc are having a field day.

I shoot them too.....we have not enough game and too many predators.

Back
Top Bottom