FedEx Refuses to ship Cody Wilson's Ghost Gunner Mill

just currious (im sure there is a seperate thread for this, but my searching is not giving me what i want)... has anyone on here gotten one or tried one? How well does it work for AR lowers and how well does it work for other small objects?

If it only works on 80% lowers or something simular its a waste (just spend the cash for a real mill and skip the computer part) but if its a full function CNC machine that happens to be scaled for lowers it might be good to have even if its never used for lowers...

It's a small, enclosed, general purpose CNC. It is being marketed as an easy way to turn 80% receivers into firearms.

It's a small, enclosed, general purpose CNC. It is being marketed as an easy way to turn 80% receivers into firearms.

Yes but marketing is one thing, I was wondering about how reality matches up against marketing from people who have one and or know what they are talking about. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's just too dangerous to allow tools in the hands of private citizens.
They could make weapons with them. Or terrorists might buy them.
It's just common-sense, it's for the children! Won't anyone think of the children?!
If it saves even one life... ban machine tools!!

This is exactly what I said would have to happen back when Westford was trying to get that town-wide assault weapon ban passed a couple of years back.

The stated goal of the ban was to "get assault weapons out of town". The logical extension of that - once you gain a full understanding of the alleged problem - is that tools must be banned too. Otherwise somebody might just go make one in their basement.

Yes but marketing is one thing, I was wondering about how reality matches up against marketing from people who have one and or know what they are talking about. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think only a handful are out there - there was one that a TX open carry group or somesuch got and they milled a receiver on the statehouse steps. But as far as I know nobody else who has ordered one has received it yet.

The mfg should have keept a lower profile as far as the name of the company that made the millbot and where the company was located...How is it fedex, ups, or usps business what the machine does its a machine tool nothing else should have been mentioned.

Some people can't stop themselves from trying to make a point. Even if they screw themselves in the bargain.

Personally I think it's much more effective if somebody is trying to screw you - to just ignore them, go behind their back -and do whatever you were trying to do anyway for as long as you can without them finding out.

He shouldn't have promoted them as anything to do with guns. Ship as many out as possible and get them into the hands of as many people as possible. That goes much further towards subsuming the liberal gun grabber agenda.

He shouldn't have promoted them as anything to do with guns. Ship as many out as possible and get them into the hands of as many people as possible. That goes much further towards subsuming the liberal gun grabber agenda.

You get a lot more publicity, a lot more people opening their eyes, when your goals are higher than just $$$$. I believe Cody Wilson's goals are more than just capitalizing on the publicity. But even if they aren't, what he's doing is exposing certain realities which IMHO is that "you're only as free as they say you are, you have these rights but you can only use them in the ways they tell you that you can use them."

In case you weren't paying attention, the Ghost Gunner machine itself isn't anything more than a standard CNC machine (physically). Symbolically however, what it represents, it's meaning, that's what the state wants to control. I think that's what Cody Wilson (without putting words in his mouth) wants to get across. It's whole premise is to expose the sheer stupidity of the bleeding heart statists and collectivists, and of course to highlight what our rights actually are, when someone tries to use them.

Rights aren't rights if they're just words on a piece of paper.

“This is a way to jab at the bleeding hearts of these total statists,” - #CodyWilson

Last edited:
You get a lot more publicity, a lot more people opening their eyes, when your goals are higher than just $$$$. I believe Cody Wilson's goals are more than just capitalizing on the publicity. But even if they aren't, what he's doing is exposing certain realities which IMHO is that "you're only as free as they say you are, you have these rights but you can only use them in the ways we tell you that you can use them."

In case you weren't paying attention the Ghost Gunner machine itself isn't anything more than a standard CNC machine (physically). Symbolically however, what it represents, it's meaning, that's what the state wants to control. I think that's what Cody Wilson (without putting words in his mouth) wants to get across. It's the sheer stupidity of the bleeding heart statists and collectivists.

“This is a way to jab at the bleeding hearts of these total statists,” - #CodyWilson

I completely get the point - and I'm familiar with what he thinks he's trying to do. My problem is that I've seen far too many people think they're going down this road when they're "challenging the man" - and get either nowhere - or end up screwed over by the man.

IMHO it's far more productive in the long term to just quietly work behind the scenes to subvert stuff - than it is to overtly challenge authority. When you work behind the scenes at subversion - if the subversion works (and it will if the thing you are trying to subvert is sufficiently screwed up) - then what happens is that the target of subversion collapses sooner or later of it's own weight. And when the collapse comes - it comes as a surprise because the target never knew what was going on.

When somebody like Wilson does what he does - he paints a target on his back - and he also alerts "the man" on a potential enemy. This gives them time to adapt. By giving them that opportunity (to adapt) - you're prolonging their reign - not making it end sooner.

I agree, however, their rules need to be enforced equally across the board. Either they ship Machining Equipment and 3D printers or they do not. Otherwise, they are engaged in a discriminatory practice based on the possibility that the equipment MIGHT be used to create a firearm. What if I wanted to buy one and machine chess pieces or waterblocks for my CPU coolers?
And whom should force them to enforce their rules conistently? FedEx is free to ship whatever they want to or not (within the bounds of law). They don't have to be consistent in their rules, that's their choice in a free market world. Cody's and your choice is to use another shipper, and tell people why.
i think the real thing being questioned here is whether the government is leaning on fedex in a bid to **** with wilson.

because it's wilson? it would not surprise me in the slightest if that's true.
Quite possible. If so, then maybe vilify the bully a bit more than the victim.

Personally I suspect it more likely that FedEx is acting in abundance of caution as defined by gaggle of hoplophobic pet lawyers and accountants. f'em

I completely get the point - and I'm familiar with what he thinks he's trying to do. My problem is that I've seen far too many people think they're going down this road when they're "challenging the man" - and get either nowhere - or end up screwed over by the man.

IMHO it's far more productive in the long term to just quietly work behind the scenes to subvert stuff - than it is to overtly challenge authority. When you work behind the scenes at subversion - if the subversion works (and it will if the thing you are trying to subvert is sufficiently screwed up) - then what happens is that the target of subversion collapses sooner or later of it's own weight. And when the collapse comes - it comes as a surprise because the target never knew what was going on.

When somebody like Wilson does what he does - he paints a target on his back - and he also alerts "the man" on a potential enemy. This gives them time to adapt. By giving them that opportunity (to adapt) - you're prolonging their reign - not making it end sooner.

Well guess what? Challenging the state is one of the most patriotic and brave things any one of us as individuals can do. As kids we're told to go along to get along and not make any waves. God forbid we ever challenge our parents. Well guess what? This is AMERICA, we're a country of young people, innovators, mom and pops and most importantly, REBELS. For me, the state isn't a grown up version of my adult Parents. Challenging the state is what WE DO, or at least what we should be doing anyways. Where's your fighting spirit? What are you gonna do go hide in your basement with all your guns and ammo until go time? Guess what buddy, for Cody Wilson, now is go time.

That's what Cody Wilson is doing. He's exposing them. He's exposing the aggression of the state to any that might be watching. He's doing it in a measured way, just enough for us to take a peek at what and who is behind the curtain. Maybe, just maybe, they might over-react, and "send in the waco killers", at which time we'll all get to see the fireworks again. Not that it would matter, no. We'd all move on after a week or two to buying our next iPad.

Last edited:
[h=1]FedEx, UPS Say They Won't Ship 'Ghost Gunner' Machines[/h]http://kut.org/post/fedex-ups-say-they-wont-ship-ghost-gunner-machines

So, now UPS has also decided not to ship the GG and the USPS hasn't made a decision yet?

Makes we wonder if there isn't a method to the madness of the person or agency behind this?

If the USPS does accept shipments (Wilson claims "they have to"), it would enable and simplify the governments
ability to know whom ordered and possess a GG.

That article is full of inaccuracies. They called the GG a "3D printer" when it is CLEARLY not.

I had to post a comment calling this out. If you are going to be Anti, at least have the facts right.

Yeah, it's all kinds of ****ed up.

The spokesperson for UPS correctly calls it a "milling machine"
Spokesperson Dan McMackin says that the company
is “continuing to evaluate such concerns with regard to the transportation of milling machines used to produce operable
firearms but, at this point in time, will not accept such devices for transportation

But, the spokesperson for the USPS calls it a "printer"
Katina Fields with the U.S. Postal Service says they're
“looking into the specifics of this printer to determine whether it would be mailable.”

the facts don't matter. What matters is the ensuing PR nightmare that FedEx and UPS would have to endure from the scumbag liberal media when some random shooting took place. All of a sudden it's "leaked" that the shooter used one of these machines to finish the lower receiver used in his crime. I can hear that douchenozzle rep from CA on the Communist News Network with that mutant freak Wolf Blitzer right now: "I warned you all about Ghost Guns". Nevermind how unlikely the whole scenario would be, because, anyone using this to complete a lower would still have to get uppers, and all kinds of other parts. This would LITERALLY be the hardest way to do it. There are so many easier ways for someone to obtain a gun illegally than to buy one of these machines.

Nevertheless, we'd see FedEx's or UPS's Logos all over the libtopian propaganda media (MSLSD, washington compost, NY Slimes) with giant headlines like "shippers of death" etc.

It's a lose / lose for them. There's absolutely no upside for them here, and a large potential downside in terms of legal / financial costs.

Last edited:
Well guess what? Challenging the state is one of the most patriotic and brave things any one of us as individuals can do. As kids we're told to go along to get along and not make any waves. God forbid we ever challenge our parents. Well guess what? This is AMERICA, we're a country of young people, innovators, mom and pops and most importantly, REBELS. For me, the state isn't a grown up version of my adult Parents. Challenging the state is what WE DO, or at least what we should be doing anyways. Where's your fighting spirit? What are you gonna do go hide in your basement with all your guns and ammo until go time? Guess what buddy, for Cody Wilson, now is go time.

That's what Cody Wilson is doing. He's exposing them. He's exposing the aggression of the state to any that might be watching. He's doing it in a measured way, just enough for us to take a peek at what and who is behind the curtain. Maybe, just maybe, they might over-react, and "send in the waco killers", at which time we'll all get to see the fireworks again. Not that it would matter, no. We'd all move on after a week or two to buying our next iPad.

The state doesn't need to be exposed - it needs to be destroyed.

The state has been exposed time and time and time again - yet it's still here. Fighting it - is acknowledging it. Ignoring it completely pisses it off even more.

Have you ever spent any time around women? Which pisses them off more ? Acknowledging them and fighting with them - or just ignoring them?

To crazy women - and the state - any attention is good attention.

I don't know...yesterday I had never heard of this company's product and had no desire to have it. Today I've decided I NEED one.

I'll have to look further into the product. will it mill anything? is it manual, or set with a program that you just push a button? lots of questions, but not a lot of info on the web

It'd be awesome if it did all the milling. Put in an aluminum block and it produces a lower (instead of buying an 80%)

A UPS spokesperson wrote in a statement that the company will only ship guns and gun parts between holders of a federal firearms license.

Oh really? So they're going to stop shipping "gun parts" from how many thousands of different parts vendors that do not have FFLs? To how many more hundreds of thousands or millions of people who also do not have FFLs?

maybe if they renamed the "Ghost Gunner" to "Science and Technology Training Kit" they would not have so many problems.

maybe if they renamed the "Ghost Gunner" to "Science and Technology Training Kit" they would not have so many problems.

Maybe if they called it a "modern sporting rifle" it would sound a lot less scary than "assault weapon".

Oh wait, sorry.

Maybe if they called it a "modern sporting rifle" it would sound a lot less scary than "assault weapon".

Oh wait, sorry.

So you're saying it's bad that when people ask me if I use those 'cop-killer' bullets that I respond, 'You can kill regular people with them, too"?

ups is no better, I have them ask me what is in the boxes the rare times I use them and give me shit when I wont give them an answer. Fed ex has never asked me once, or ever damage or lose a package of mine.

Only $1000 for a desktop CNC? what? Take my money

$1500, but yeah. Are these things less capable than a more traditional mill w/CNC upgrades etc? Probably just by build area alone. But personally I like the idea of something compact like this. It should be able to make something as large as a handgun frame.

I agree, however, their rules need to be enforced equally across the board. Either they ship Machining Equipment and 3D printers or they do not. Otherwise, they are engaged in a discriminatory practice based on the possibility that the equipment MIGHT be used to create a firearm. What if I wanted to buy one and machine chess pieces or waterblocks for my CPU coolers?

No they don't. They can do whatever they want. Don't like it? Don't use them. Now if they said they don't ship things for Spanish people or something like that, they'd have a bad time. (although I don't think that's right either)

No they don't. They can do whatever they want. Don't like it? Don't use them. Now if they said they don't ship things for Spanish people or something like that, they'd have a bad time. (although I don't think that's right either)

Respectfully, they are engaged in a practice that discriminates against my civil rights. I have the undisputed right to keep and bear arms, and by limiting my presumably legal ability to make my own firearms, they are restricting my civil rights. As they are a common carrier, any act which compromises the practice of a natural right needs to be subject to strict scrutiny. Would it be any different if Comcast decided they would no longer provide access firearms websites? Or a phone company saying they will not provide service to a firearm company?

Their company, their rules, but they need to stick to the stated rules.

ups is no better, I have them ask me what is in the boxes the rare times I use them and give me shit when I wont give them an answer. Fed ex has never asked me once, or ever damage or lose a package of mine.

Just lie if you don't want to say, jesus. It's a private company and if they want to ask before they'll ship, it's their right to.

- - - Updated - - -

Respectfully, they are engaged in a practice that discriminates against my civil rights. I have the undisputed right to keep and bear arms, and by limiting my presumably legal ability to make my own firearms, they are restricting my civil rights. As they are a common carrier, any act which compromises the practice of a natural right needs to be subject to strict scrutiny. Would it be any different if Comcast decided they would no longer provide access firearms websites? Or a phone company saying they will not provide service to a firearm company?

Their company, their rules, but they need to stick to the stated rules.

They're not a government entity.

Last edited:
Just lie if you don't want to say, jesus. It's a private company and if they want to ask before they'll ship, it's their right to.

- - - Updated - - -

They're not a government entity.

Yes, they are not a government entity, however as a common carrier, they cannot refuse transport of legal goods without a compelling reason. "Guns are icky" is NOT a compelling reason. If it were HazMat and they did not have the capability to handle it, that would be acceptable. This is the law in the US.

The following factors are important in determining common carriage:

• service is regular
  • customers are not readily predictable and are changeable,
  • the carrier solicits business from the general public, for example by advertising
  • law and regulations define the responsibilities of the parties.

One must distinguish the notion of common carriage from several other intertwined concepts that are frequently but inaccurately used as synonyms. A common carrier need not be a "public utility" or a "regulated monopoly," and vice versa; for example, public buses operating as common carriers are usually neither utilities nor monopolies; conversely, public utilities in electricity provision are not usually common carriers. Another concept, the "universal service obligation", is the requirement of a carrier to reach every willing user and desired destination, wherever located, while common carriage refers to service obligations toward users given a physical plant. Finally, "affordable rates," though often tied to common carriage, are a monopoly and utility issue; where common carriage is concerned with prices it is not with their absolute levels but rather with relative ones, to prevent price-discrimination as a way to unduly differentiate among users or uses.

"If a man takes upon him a public employment, he is bound to serve the public as far as the employment extends; and for refusal an action lies, as against a farrier refusing to shoe a horse...Against an innkeeper refusing a guest when he has room...Against a carrier refusing to carry goods when he has convenience, his wagon not being full."

These quotes were pulled from an old legal reference book my Great-Grandfather was issued as part of his duties at Consolidated Edison. A common carrier cannot refuse a shipment of legal goods unless there is a specific and tangible issue with the goods. (Declared value too high, not enough space, can't mix types of HazMat etc.) Once they decide to serve the public, they have to abide by a set of rules, those rules limit some of the "freedom to choose" / "right to refuse service" that they might otherwise enjoy as a contract carrier.

Back
Top Bottom