• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Favorite Firearms-Related YouTube Channels?

Mrgunsngear (yeah, I know, but I've been a huge fan for a long time) Mishaco, AKOU, TFB, MAC and Eric Pettway. Watch all of them the most.

f*** Brandon Herrera.

f*** Brandon Herrera.

He's... words I cannot express publicly on this forum.

He's done some good videos. I also think that he makes AKs fun for people who haven't been into AKs for a long time. He's more of an "entertainment" gun YouTuber than a legit AK doyen, like RobSki. However:

(1) His memes suck;
(2) He rides on the coattails of others;
(3) He doesn't shoot very well, though, to be fair, he never claimed to be RobSki or Larry Vickers or Jerry Miculek - he's probably around average to above average, and he did make a series on reaching 1000 with an AK;
(4) His fanbase is homoerotic, which he kind of plays up to; and
(5) He's generally not very funny beyond the AR versus AK guys videos.

He's... words I cannot express publicly on this forum.

He's done some good videos. I also think that he makes AKs fun for people who haven't been into AKs for a long time. He's more of an "entertainment" gun YouTuber than a legit AK doyen, like RobSki. However:

(1) His memes suck;
(2) He rides on the coattails of others;
(3) He doesn't shoot very well, though, to be fair, he never claimed to be RobSki or Larry Vickers or Jerry Miculek - he's probably around average to above average, and he did make a series on reaching 1000 with an AK;
(4) His fanbase is homoerotic, which he kind of plays up to; and
(5) He's generally not very funny beyond the AR versus AK guys videos.

He's cringe on 2 legs. He looks like he should be reviewing shampoo.

How about GunBlue490?
Talk about knowledge! What an incredibly generous man.
Yes to GunBlue490!! What a wonderful man!! A devote Christian, Vietnam Vet, former Police Officer and perhaps the most knowledgeable person I've ever listened to regarding firearms. It sounds like he lives in NH. Perhaps south of Mt. Washington. Does anyone know him? I would love to buy him a cup of coffee/tea or a beer and have my kids meet him. What a great, great guy - GunBlue490!!! If you know him or how to contact him, please PM me!!

While they have their flaws, I really like Paul Harrell, Lucky Gunner, InrangeTV, and Military Arms. Sootch and Hickok are good entertainment and to scratch the surface of a gun or topic. Beyond them, for more specialized gun channels, FortuneCookie45LC and capandball are great.

Almost forgot about guns and gadgets. It's nice sometimes to just get news and relevant information and not watch a 15 minute long sponsored advertisement. I also believe he's from Mass if I'm not mistaken.

MAC (Military Arms Channel) - I know they don’t provide much info but his “torture test” videos are entertaining as hell. He’s also a no compromise 2A supporter.

Mixup98 - Older guy from Nevada that spends a couple minutes discussing said firearm and spends the next 10 shooting 2 liters of soda.

I have a few others but I’ve found I don’t watch them as much as I used to.

Garand Thumb, MAC, Mr.Gunsngear are my top 3. I like Nutnfancy if your ok with a ton of quirky dialogue, T Rex Arms is good just be careful talking about him here.

I want to like Lucas at T Rex. He is an amazing shot, has all the cool toys, and seems mostly knowledgeable. But something throws me off. Seems like a know-it-all younger brother who is abusing his adderall prescription. I also think he takes himself way too seriously. I also think he's obsessed with looking tacticool. I prefer someone like Mr.Gunsngear as you mentioned. He's also a great shot, has all the cool toys, and is knowledgeable, but is relaxed and down to earth.

I want to like Lucas at T Rex. He is an amazing shot, has all the cool toys, and seems mostly knowledgeable. But something throws me off. Seems like a know-it-all younger brother who is abusing his adderall prescription. I also think he takes himself way too seriously. I also think he's obsessed with looking tacticool. I prefer someone like Mr.Gunsngear as you mentioned. He's also a great shot, has all the cool toys, and is knowledgeable, but is relaxed and down to earth.
Yea I can’t disagree with this at all, you can tell he is all about making money and getting his rep out there especially when he does a duo with another gun tuber, he always seems to try to take the leading role and get his agenda out there in front of the other guy. I wouldn’t hang out with the guy, I think he pulled some shit with some members here and that’s why he gets a bad rap I guess. But he does have some cool videos and his set ups are really solid. I’ve actually talked via PM with Mr.Gunsngear a few times at AKfikes and he is really a great guy.

Hickock45 is a good ole guy to watch too. Also Iraq veteran8888 does some fun torture tests and is a good watch as well.
My problem with IV8888 was him shilling stuff without disclosing he was getting paid to do positive reviews. Completely destroyed any credibility he had for me. I'm fine if you say positive stuff about something if you clearly state they paid you, but once you start saying "this thing's great" and not disclosing they paid you lots of money to say it, you lose me.

As someone who tends to seek out a lot of reviews on products before buying them, knowing that the review is financially motivated or not is important.

It's part of the reason I respect Rob Ski, the majority of the time he personally buys the rifle using donations from viewers to try to ensure he gets a "regular off the shelf" example and not one that's been slicked up or hand selected for his tests. Since he isn't beholden to the company giving him the product, he can be more honest, presumably.

Daily channels: TFB, MrGunsNGear, MAC, GarandThumb, Hickock (maybe not the Shoot-arounds)

Once in a while: LuckyGunner (if you like thorough data/examination), Forgotten Weapons, Demo Ranch (just to see crazy stunts)

Dropped Sub: TacticalToolbox (gucci stuff). Was mildly interesting to see the latest gucci stuff, but this guy seriously doesn't know what he's talking about. I dropped when he said CMMG had the first delayed blowback action for a sub gun.

Justin Opinion is entertaining and doesn't come across as shilling the systems. Ironically, I also like Larry Vickers who definitely shills, but that is understandable as his name is usually on it.

@daekken I wasn’t aware of IV8888 getting paid to rep things he was reviewing, I mainly flip through his gun melting videos. Rob Ski legit beats the shit out of the guns he reviews and when they fail it’s usually due to extreme abuse which is fine but not all that realistic to how most viewers are going to use their rifles.

@daekken I wasn’t aware of IV8888 getting paid to rep things he was reviewing, I mainly flip through his gun melting videos. Rob Ski legit beats the shit out of the guns he reviews and when they fail it’s usually due to extreme abuse which is fine but not all that realistic to how most viewers are going to use their rifles.

I like how MrGunsNGear handles reviews. Always quick to point out free or sent items. Always impartial when it comes to his criticisms even if he does get something for free. Hardly ever shills, except his own merch, which is understandable and very understated--usually just a picture caption that he doesn't even verbally address. And ammo sponsors, which is also understandable.

It was a "mini scandal." Basically someone outed him as requesting and/or receiving payment from people for reviewing things on his channel, and then not stating during the video that he was receiving compensation. This was after a 2017 video where Eric stated directly that he didn't get paid to review stuff, so it was considered very shady.

I look at Rob's tests as kind of overkill, yes. Kind of peace of mind. Depending on the failure. You can know reasonably well that if it survives all or most of his tests, Johnny Benchshooter and/or the guy that uses his rifles for a class or competition here or there should get a long service life. That and I just find him entertaining. AR guys are a dime a dozen, so to have someone provide a useful AK community service (I prefer AKs to ARs) is very beneficial.
I like how MrGunsNGear handles reviews. Always quick to point out free or sent items. Always impartial when it comes to his criticisms even if he does get something for free. Hardly ever shills, except his own merch, which is understandable and very understated--usually just a picture caption that he doesn't even verbally address. And ammo sponsors, which is also understandable.
Yep, I'm fine with people who just state up front the terms. It just helps you weigh the feedback. Doesn't necessarily mean they are lying about the product, it just helps you temper enthusiasm.

I like Nutnfancy if your ok with a ton of quirky dialogue
yeah, 45-55 minute vids with a ton of rambling. he does have some decent info but it'd be great if he could compact that stuff into a 20 minute vid. he just goes on and on. i tend to fast forward if i watch them. i think mrs nutnfancy is fairly hot for an older milf. if he puts her pic in a thumbnail i'll click it and then just ff until we get to her cameo.

ya can't watch everything, i have my regulars and if i stumble on to something else, i'll watch once anyway.

yeah, 45-55 minute vids with a ton of rambling. he does have some decent info but it'd be great if he could compact that stuff into a 20 minute vid. he just goes on and on. i tend to fast forward if i watch them. i think mrs nutnfancy is fairly hot for an older milf. if he puts her pic in a thumbnail i'll click it and then just ff until we get to her cameo.

ya can't watch everything, i have my regulars and if i stumble on to something else, i'll watch once anyway.
Yep FF is a must when watching him. I wonder what the story is with his son Tactical Doodie, he seems knowledgeable and talks about certain things to make you think he is pretty intelligent about stuff outside of guns ect.. but he seems a little off to me. And yea Mrs TNP is definitely is attractive

Erik Cortina (great advice on rifle reloading)
Ultimate Reloader- Doesn't do much reloading, but does do some interesting builds.

Various other anything that pops up in the sidebar that will hold my short attention span. Mostly competition stuff.
King of the 2 mile if you like to watch..................2 mile shots

Back
Top Bottom