Fatal raid took place at indicted Maine biker's house

Fatal raid took place at indicted biker's house

Authorities have not identified the person who was shot or the specific target of this morning's raid; however, 5 Sandy Circle is owned by Thomas Mayne, one of the people indicted in connection with the crackdown.

5 Sandy Circle is owned by Thomas Mayne, one of the people indicted in connection with the crackdown.

Old Orchard Beach tax records say the 624-square-foot house is a single-story bungalow and that Thomas and Diane Mayne have owned the property since 2000 when it was purchased for $150,000.

Mayne was indicted on charges that he and another member of the Outlaws motorcycle gang shot a member of the rival Hell's Angels motorcycle gang in Canaan last year.

He is one of 27 people named in a federal indictment charging, among other things, racketeering conspiracy – the charge that encompasses organized crime – conspiracy to commit violence, illegal possession of firearms, civil rights violations, witness tampering and drug dealing.

READ MORE

OMG.... ATF actually did something that didn't involve stomping kittens or harassing an FFL, or inventing a machine gun... Someone call the press, stat!

-Mike

OMG.... ATF actually did something that didn't involve stomping kittens or harassing an FFL, or inventing a machine gun... Someone call the press, stat!

-Mike

Yep, Eddie Coyle called in sick that day...couldn't make the raid. [wink] [smile]

There was no cause of death listed. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.

I'm thinking it was lead poisoning.

Boutet said Mayne was a known biker, and described him as bearded, thin and quiet, a "typical Harley Davidson rider." I'm confused...is this the same thing as Obamas grandma-ma being a "typical white person"?

What kind of idiots name their group the "outlaws" when they plan on carrying out illegal acts? I'd love to see the average IQ in that group.

Also, I don't believe there is an "average" HD rider, they come in all shapes, sizes, and walks of life.

What kind of idiots name their group the "outlaws" when they plan on carrying out illegal acts? I'd love to see the average IQ in that group.

Also, I don't believe there is an "average" HD rider, they come in all shapes, sizes, and walks of life.

Yup, good riddance.

-Mike

All of these types of comments are really unnecessary. If you actually knew what they do, then you would make such comments. The ATF is the real deal and is far ahead of many other "federals."

All of these types of comments are really unnecessary. If you actually knew what they do, then you would make such comments. The ATF is the real deal and is far ahead of many other "federals."

wow......are you gun owner?

These guys are way off base right? http://www.atfabuse.com/ At the least, the ATF is no friend of the lawful gun owner, at the worst.........

"This rogue agency has committed such heinous acts as burning to death over 80 men, women and children at Waco; murdered a Mother holding her baby at Ruby Ridge; killed unarmed home owners at various illegal raids nationwide; destroyed honest gun dealers by illegally confiscating millions of dollars of inventory nationwide, and even lying under oath in court"

Outlaws leader died from multiple gunshot wounds, autopsy finds
The use of gunfire in the Old Orchard Beach raid was very unusual for special response teams, a spokesman says.

An autopsy Wednesday showed that the reputed motorcycle gang leader who was killed Tuesday during a raid by federal agents in Old Orchard Beach died from multiple gunshot wounds, said the Maine Attorney General's Office.

Thomas Mayne, killed in raid
Select images available for purchase in the
Maine Today Photo Store

Thomas Mayne, 58, a member of the Outlaws, had been indicted on charges of racketeering and attempted murder in the shooting of a Hells Angels member in Canaan last year.

When agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives surrounded Mayne's bungalow in Old Orchard Beach at 6 a.m. Tuesday, someone inside started shooting, authorities said.

Mayne was killed when agents returned fire. None of the three other people in the house was injured.

READ MORE

Outlaws leader died from multiple gunshot wounds, autopsy finds
The use of gunfire in the Old Orchard Beach raid was very unusual for special response teams, a spokesman says.

An autopsy Wednesday showed that the reputed motorcycle gang leader who was killed Tuesday during a raid by federal agents in Old Orchard Beach died from multiple gunshot wounds, said the Maine Attorney General's Office.

Thomas Mayne, killed in raid
Select images available for purchase in the
Maine Today Photo Store

Thomas Mayne, 58, a member of the Outlaws, had been indicted on charges of racketeering and attempted murder in the shooting of a Hells Angels member in Canaan last year.

When agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives surrounded Mayne's bungalow in Old Orchard Beach at 6 a.m. Tuesday, someone inside started shooting, authorities said.

Mayne was killed when agents returned fire. None of the three other people in the house was injured.

READ MORE

How can anyone justify the cost of an autopsy on a person that was riddled with bullets and was living just prior to the event??? [hmmm]

How can anyone justify the cost of an autopsy on a person that was riddled with bullets and was living just prior to the event??? [hmmm]

The insurance company who covers OIS claims will no doubt want the results, as will the agency's shooting review board, the family of the deceased...the list goes on.

Also to see if there were any drugs/alcohol in his system, not that it REALLY matters, just about dotting the I's & crossing the T's.

Like some other federal agency with jurisdiction couldn't have done the same thing? Please.

The ATF budget for Firearms enforcement for FY2011 is $837 MILLION dollars. So they're spending that much money... to regulate something which is a constitutional right. Yeah, that's tax money well spent, right there.... [thinking]

I can see ATF being useful WRT multi state incidents involving arson and explosives (mainly because many state and local authorities are ill equipped to deal with such things) but that's like a tiny portion of their overall budget. The main focus of the agency is to enforce (with excessive "creativity" I might add) a bunch of firearms laws which the founders would have considered treasonous.

I'd treat BATFE with a lot less contempt if it was more reasonable and more professional in its conduct with law abiding citizens, but it clearly has proven otherwise over the years. Even the NFA branch is, a lot of the time "absurdly inept"- as the recent "misunderstandings" with MA trust transfers and the like have proven. (Gun owners should not have to pay an NFA attorney to educate BATFE about the law.... ).

Then a few years ago this happened.... and basically all congress did was slap them on the wrist after the NRA got pissed off about the issue... [thinking]

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=184319

Then we have Agent Keeku, who apparently thinks that a broken AR that fires in burst but jams all the time is a "machine gun..... " [thinking]

http://www.jpfo.org/articles-assd/smith-olofson-case.htm

Then there is the Michael Lara case, where BATFE indicted a decorated POLICE OFFICER for supposedly committing a "straw purchase" using the most tortured logic imaginable.. (Neither himself nor the recipient of the gun were prohibited persons, for starters, and it all goes downhill from there.... ) (He was eventually acquitted, but his career was set back and almost destroyed by the incident. )

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/10002-BATFE-reform?p=137589&viewfull=1

I could go on and on. I could fill pages here with the crap they've pulled. Waco and Ruby Ridge
are just the frosting on the turd cake.

Yeah, they bag a few scumbags like the guy mentioned in the news in this thread.... but frankly, big deal... it's not like someone else couldn't have collared him- only reason BATFE did it here is because apparently the biker did something that fell under their purview. Even if it was an "either or" proposition, I'd rather deal with the scumbags than have BATFE around. At least in the case of the scumbag thugs, we can lawfully shoot them if things got really bad.

-Mike

Last edited:

You`re kidding right? The ATF is our friend? WRONG! The ATF is out there to confiscate our legal firearms and to harass us over stupid, useless firearm laws. They are an agency who`s time has passed.

[rofl]

You're kidding, right?

No.

If you thought that the FBI was better than the ATF, then you would be smoking.

Just think about how low the FBI is... ;)

Ok, I see that you answered the question, but.....

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

...to use a new classic.

Back
Top Bottom