Fat Cat Sports & Collectibles in Bridgewater

I dropped in on him on Friday. Nice guy, lots of good stuff in shop. Had some reloading
components but some one of you guys obviously sent your wife/girl friend down on Friday
morning to buy out the joint so his selection was a little bit thin. Was able to get the last
box of Win SR primers though. He had other makes. He said his powder stocks were a bit
thin due to someone's Mrs. buying him out in the morning.

A friend and I stopped by last week for the first time. When we walked in, there was a pile of junk right as you walk in. It was pretty dark and we were confused if the place was open. The sign said they were open, but we didn't see anyone. Finally, we were "greeted" by some old buzzard who was not very happy to see us. My friend starting talking to the buzzard about AR parts and I was looking around. At one point, I was told "You can't go back there" when I approached an arbitrary area in the store. When I replied that I wanted to look at the shotguns as I was in the market for one, he responded, "Look, don't touch." I'd only been in the store for 3 minutes. I turned around and walked out.

There is no way I'd send anyone to this shop.

Sorry to announce this , but Butch at Fat Cat Sports passed away last week and the shop is now closed. Butch was good guy, may he rest in peace !

Sorry to announce this , but Butch at Fat Cat Sports passed away last week and the shop is now closed. Butch was good guy, may he rest in peace !

Sorry to read this. Butch was a close friend of a very good friend of mine who now lives in NH. Can you provide some link to the MVA or link to the obit, so I can send that info to my friend? [I did a Google search last week and came up with nothing.]

Thank you.

Looks like the shop is open for a while on weekends to sell off some of the inventory. They were open Sat 11/23 and they said they will be open 11/24 Cash only. If I stop today and find out any more info I will post it.

Stopped in today. Not nearly the amount of guns as before butch passed. Seems he had a huge amount of consignment.
That said prices where so so had a good amount of ammo variety not so much quantity. Several cases of 40 Cal. More or less prices are as marked when but h passed.....not all the items where tagged and it seems they where still sorting things out? If you want a shotgun with a cuts compensator there seemed to be plenty of them. My daughter was constinatly hanging on my side so I couldn't look as well as I liked. I left empty handed....to many people in there and to much back and forth between the 5 people in there to get a price.

Last edited:
Was there just before noon. The widow and daughter are still there, along with one or more old employees. Everything seems to be for sale, cash only as stated.
They seemed a little willing to haggle, but prices were still "small LGS, high retail."
Having been closed since March, they have A LOT of ammo. Bricks of CCI 22 standard velocity ($50/500) and LOTS of .40S&W. The guy behind the counter said more than once that they had a ton of .40.
Not much .45acp, there was a bunch of pretty much all other common rifle and pistol calibers.

I was in there last weekend. Prices are marked as before Butch passed. A large assortment of ammo prices are typical.

I see people talking about weekend hours, are they open durring the week as well? I would love to stop by but weekends are packed right now...

lots of ammo, just need more cash to buy up as much as I can hold... also managed to find a SKS mag which seem pretty rare in this state...

Yes on weekends only , also the range is open. 10:30 or so till 4:00 I think. Cash only .
thank you, going to pick through what they have left of odd cal. ammo my friend picked up a good amount of 45-70 and was happy. Im looking for 32sw,swiss, andf a few others

Yep still open , stuff keeps tricking out . Picked up some WW2 AP 30-06 on Saturday that was from the back room.
It was grungy but I wanted the labels . Sign said that they will be closed for the 4th /5th/6th reopen the weekend after.

Handwritten signs on the door said the hours and that they were closed next weekend for the fourth, so I would be led to believe some do you have a link to the auctions so I can take a look?

Back
Top Bottom