Fat Cat Sports & Collectibles in Bridgewater

BriMac

Dealer
Stopped in last week,had nice selection of handguns. They also had
some different things like Barrett 50 and a White Feather M1A .I
think I will try the range they have and see how that works out.

Can you tell us some more about the place?

How are prices?

Prices for use of the range?

Address, website (if any), hours?

etc.

And welcome to the forum!

How are prices?

etc.

How are prices?

etc.

On 18 open wed-sun 9:30 to 5:00 Sunday may close early
On the range I will find out sat morning. 50 foot, looked like 8 to 10 lanes
965 Bedford St
508 279 2600
Prices not bad on the ammo, guns ok on what I looked at.
P.S. he didn't freak out when I asked if could shoot my Sterling MK4. :D

965 Bedford St
508 279 2600

965 Bedford St
508 279 2600

I've been in there a few times. If you are not a moron and spend a few minutes shooting the bull with the old guy behind the counter he warms right up to you. The prices seem reasonable and the selection is good for a small store. I had been buying up cans of lake city 30-06 from him whenever I went in for my M1's. The next time I stopped by about a week later he had a 75% correct HRA m1 in the back for me to check out. Just took it in on trade and I got it for 400 bucks.

I've not been to his range so I can't comment on that.

C-

I've been in there a few times. If you are not a moron and spend a few minutes shooting the bull with the old guy behind the counter he warms right up to you. The prices seem reasonable and the selection is good for a small store. I had been buying up cans of lake city 30-06 from him whenever I went in for my M1's. The next time I stopped by about a week later he had a 75% correct HRA m1 in the back for me to check out. Just took it in on trade and I got it for 400 bucks.

C-

C-

fat cats

nice guy, good prices on guns and ammo. Don't ask about the range though.....like $350 dollars a year....only can shoot when he is there....so that means when he closes at 5 and your getting out of work.....you can't go shooting there.
but him and the shop are great. I have bought about 5 guns from him...all reasonable.

There is no website.

Haven't used the range but I've looked at it. I've bought supplies from him. I've watched people shoot while there too.

He had a shop at the intersection of 138 and 106 then further north on 138 in Easton. He bought the Bridgewate place when the prior owner had a problem.

Dana

Fat Cat Sports & Collectables & Grampys shooting club in Bridgewater MA

on Rte 18/28.

I stopped in there today.
Butch is the owner.
Nice guy, 'didnt mind shootin the breeze with a tire kicker.
His prices seem reasonable.
He's got a nice wart hog for reasonable money.
I'd go there again. and again, and again!

Last edited:
I entered Fat Cats Sports and Collectibles back when he was on the corner of 138 and 106 in Easton. I mentioned Colts. For the next several minutes Butch goes on a tirade about Colts are "junk". "I don't stock 'em and I won't sell 'em."

I showed Butch the Colt I was carrying.

"OH, You like Colts. I got a REAL NICE one right over here." [rolleyes]

Flash forward to when her first opened his shop in Bridgewater. I called about a Winchester 94 in 32 special. "I got one." and he quoted a fair price.

I drove down to his store and the price is now $75 more expensive. I asked why it was higher than what was quoted on the phone and he answered, "I took another look at it and it's worth more than the quoted price." He would not honor his quoted price.[angry]

Butch will shoot the bull with you for as long as you are there. There's no pressure sales pitch at all and he had quite the selection the last time I was there. His prices are on the higher side of fair. I would not recommend a novice shop there.

Great local shop

I have been in many times even before I had a LTC. He has always given me the time of day no mater how many customers have been in the store. He likes Sig Sauer. I purchased a NIB S/S P232 .380 from him and he had the best price around. He will always be one of my first stops when I am in the market for a new addition to my collection.....

Thumbs Up; Butch is always very friendly and is happy to pull out anything you even mention, sometimes stuff you didn't. I have found his prices to be very good. He has a lot of neat stuff stashed in the shop.

I have dropped by this shop 5 or 6 times. Mostly on Saturdays but some afternoons during the week. I have never had a problem finding Butch being there. Maybe I have been lucky. I have never called him so I can't say whether he answers the phone or not. If I get near there in the next couple of days I will see if I can get his hours and pass the info along.

Back
Top Bottom