• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fastest time you got your CCW in?

I applied Wednesday(before Thanksgiving) at my local PD station and they called me a week later saying it was ready for pick up. Lisc. is an LTC class A no restrictions.

Too bad I'm at college and won't be home for 2 and a half weeks!

I have to say I am not to happy with the wait time for mine. Both my boyfriend and I have been waiting for 12 weeks so far. Sept 9th we applied and they sent it on the 11th. I called dec 2nd to see the status on it and it still is not in, she said to call on Friday. I am a little upset at this long wait, my sister got hers in like 6 weeks I think. I think its about time to move outta worcester!! LOL

When I was living in Needham I applied for my LTC. I got it in two weeks....no restrictions. My last renewal took some time, don't remember how long, but more than a month.

Mine was a renewal, been renewing since 1990.

Red Town - Arrived at PD on a Saturday, permit was ready for pickup Thursday, but I actually didn't pick it up until the following Saturday.

LTC A Restrictions None.

MA 6 weeks I think
NH 6 weeks
ME 6 weeks and counting (in their defense it says 60 days right on the application, although they cashed the check weeks ago so I know its in progress)

My town, I've been told they try to get you your license the same day. Sometimes within 30 minutes if the Chief is in the office.

I however do not currently plan to renew my license once it expires.

Why not? Who knows what will happen down the pike? Jack.

Change in beliefs. I don't feel like asking permission to do what I have a Right to do. Just means more open carrying and P.R. work of why I'm OC'ing and not CC'ing.

You folks have it made. Over here in New York on the Vermont, Mass. border, it took me three months, plus a hunter safety pistol course.....and I was a full time police officer with firearms training in basic school, and by the New York State Police and the F.B.I. .
Regards,
Tom D

obstructionism and/or incompetence. The holdup generally isn't the state. Call the CHSB and ask them what's up.

Back
Top Bottom