• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Fast And Furious/Gunwalker" mega-thread... was: ATF director expected to resign...

What will happen when Melson testifies ?

interesting read here,looks like Holder, Bruer(of Clinton impeachment and Sandy Berger "fame") and Napolitano could all fall ;

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/gunwalker-what-will-happen-at-ken-melsons-testimony/

"4. Collateral damage.

There is the distinct possibility that Lanny Breuer and Eric Holder are not the only administration officials that run the risk of going down as a result of their roles in Gunwalker and its cover-up. While ATF and their parent organization the Department of Justice were ultimately responsible for the operation, other executive branch departments were involved.

The Department of Homeland Security played a role in Gunwalker, and DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano would possibly be kept abreast of Gunwalker since she was both the former governor of Arizona and the state’s attorney general from 1999-2002. Lesser-ranking figures within DHS and other agencies were certainly involved, but Napolitano is the cabinet-level official other than Eric Holder who would have most likely known about Gunwalker.

Well, the way that I see it, since there's so many people out there that give barry full credit for overseeing the locating and assassination of OBL then he should get full credit for this debacle as well! JMO[thinking]

Bill,

that is indeed a valid point,one that was brought up by John Snyder the "gun dean"

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=44490

"“Let's use the yardstick Obama himself used when he blamed bank and corporate CEOs for the recession. By that yardstick, Obama must take the blame for the ATF gun scandal,” he said.

The president is the country’s CEO, so he must take the hit
, he said.

“The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform hearings on activities of the Justice Department and its ATF reveal the scandalous behavior of Obama's government,” he said. “Now, though, it appears the Obama administration is about to dump certain ATF bureaucrats, blaming the whole scandal on them, and bring in others to dominant positions in ATF. This in an attempt to escape the possibility of being held responsible for the whole mess.”

Bill,

that is indeed a valid point,one that was brought up by John Snyder the "gun dean"

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=44490

"“Let's use the yardstick Obama himself used when he blamed bank and corporate CEOs for the recession. By that yardstick, Obama must take the blame for the ATF gun scandal,” he said.

The president is the country’s CEO, so he must take the hit
, he said.

“The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform hearings on activities of the Justice Department and its ATF reveal the scandalous behavior of Obama's government,” he said. “Now, though, it appears the Obama administration is about to dump certain ATF bureaucrats, blaming the whole scandal on them, and bring in others to dominant positions in ATF. This in an attempt to escape the possibility of being held responsible for the whole mess.”

Hadn't seen that one. Good for him, glad to see someone brought it up.

They don"t seem to care what they do or how anything looks anymore. I don"t think they are worried about the election either. They must be planning a really big black flag op to declare M-law at some point, is the only thing I can think of!!! Or maybe its tin foil hat time for me!

They must be planning a really big black flag op to declare M-law at some point, is the only thing I can think of!!! Or maybe its tin foil hat time for me!

I don't think that's TOO wild. The peaceful me wants to call you a tinfoiler, because what you describe would be ugly. Logical me agrees.

Like rats leaving a sinking ship. Who's got the popcorn and marshmallows?
shining3.gif

Like rats leaving a sinking ship. Who's got the popcorn and marshmallows?
shining3.gif
As I said at the time, the only logical explanation was that a bigger target was in play here and both the DoJ and Mexican government would have to be driving this or it would make no sense to try to track down someone in Mexico who we would have ZERO ability to target, other than with drones and I'm pretty sure the Mexicans would not appreciate that without permission.

Short version - Mexico knew, DOJ knew, this operation was run from the top...

Maybe, but just maybe, there will be a good house cleaning at all 3 agencies and pull down some top politicos too, just for good measure.
Hey, if Fox can turn a "mom gone batty" case into a national past-time, they can make hay out of this as well - if they choose to do so...

I try to avoid MSM - including Fox, but might be time to up their page views on this issue...

This is going to be a big campaign issue going into next years elections. Congressional hearings, and even Harry Reid will have to allow Senatorial hearings. Based on what Melson has said just over the past day or so, I expect top level officials at the DEA, FBI, ATF, and DOJ to end up being indicted.

with a republican -controlled house, I predict this will be a very big issue in the upcoming election cycle. They will try to pin the deaths of US officials directly on BO.

"Another point Melson clarified for investigators was that the ATF group carrying out the mission of Operation Fast and Furious was placed under the direction of the Arizona U.S. Attorney’s office. The U.S. Attorney in Arizona, Dennis Burke, is a political appointee of the Obama administration."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/06/i...t-meeting-with-atfs-ken-melson/#ixzz1RM9j14GE

The plot thickens.

Fox news reporting just now that looks like it was the FBI and DEA running it and kept the ATF out of the loop. Now they're digging to see what Eric Holder and the DOJ knew.

Fox news reporting just now that looks like it was the FBI and DEA running it and kept the ATF out of the loop. Now they're digging to see what Eric Holder and the DOJ knew.

This doesn't make any sense because these entities typically don't interface with gun dealers, only the ATF does. The ATF was obviously complicit somehow.

-Mike

From that:
"If his account is accurate, then ATF leadership appears to have been effectively muzzled while the DOJ sent over false denials and buried its head in the sand," Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said in a letter Tuesday to Attorney General Eric Holder. "That approach distorted the truth and obstructed our investigation."

Great, now the department of justice is obstructing justice!

It's the "Department of Justice" only in the Orwellian sense.
Indeed - each day seems to be fresh insult and absurdity as we are now well into many of the seemingly most lunatic predictions of this process...

History keeps warning us and we keep ignoring it.

I still see reams of pundits debating only "how the government is going to fix it," without any recognition that the government neither can nor should "fix it" as it was the the government that broke "it" in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom