• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Farmington Police Department - Cops responding to wrong address shoot homeowner dead at his door

Dude.

I mean, I get it: it's hard to see the numbers on some houses. Okay.

But... fer cryin' out loud, coppers, the odd numbers are on one side of the street and the even numbers are on the other! If Dispatch gives you an even-numbered street address, here's a hot tip: don't cross the street.

This. But to be fair, the quality of ossifers these days is pretty thin. It's not a real fun job. And the training is minimal. An acquaintance of mine is a cop in Taunton. He did X months at the "Academy" (giggle) and then a month or two - MAYBE of training on teh local force. Then they gave him a couple of guns, a car and a part of town to patrol. Learning things like how to read house #'s and such is not as important as getting someone's pronoun right.

Dude.

I mean, I get it: it's hard to see the numbers on some houses. Okay.

But... fer cryin' out loud, coppers, the odd numbers are on one side of the street and the even numbers are on the other! If Dispatch gives you an even-numbered street address, here's a hot tip: don't cross the street.

This right here is exhibit one why these cops should get 2nd degree murder. Does it suck they made a mistake? Yup. But it's completely negligent.

Again, this underscores the necessity for all firearms owners to take advantage of quality training from respected instructors.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEi9Qpnro34

I honestly find this guy super sleezy and detached. I can't listen to him. I hear him talk and I wouldn't trust him to watch my dog. He's the kind of guy who thinks "being the good guy" and "playing by the rules" wins fights.

Unless they straight kicked in his door there really wasn't a need to show them his gun
While I wouldn't use a Ring, other wireless or cloud based solution. A hardwired door cam is a must.
These are both out at my house. The front door is crystal glass. We do have black address numbers on white vinyl house though.

Oh, and if I had to put my money on it, it was either Shane or Dutch that fired the fatal shot.

Vic will tear them a new one, so don't worry.

9d3bae0a-2566-496a-bb1b-819694300e5c.jpg

I honestly find this guy super sleezy and detached. I can't listen to him. I hear him talk and I wouldn't trust him to watch my dog. He's the kind of guy who thinks "being the good guy" and "playing by the rules" wins fights.

I'd trust him with my life if needed.

I think you're just a little spooked by his appearance.

That's why I have the ring doorbell with camera, so I can answer the door in the comfort of cover.

My both houses are encircled with cameras from 2 different systems, one on site, one off site. I'll get an alert because the offsite system has 'human detection' and it actually works pretty good. But the best alarm is still a dog.

Why are they still employed? They have proven definitively they are not capable of doing the job and an innocent person is dead. Why is it acceptable for cops to pee their pants at the mere sight of a perfectly legal item and murder someone?

Exactly. I installed a Ring last year for this very reason, so I can see who is at the door and decide if I'm going to communicate with them using the Ring or actually open the door.

I was waiting for family to show up for a party on Sunday AM. I glance up through the glass storm door and a cop is walking up my drive.

????

I assume he's there b/c the kid (he's 28) 2 doors down is organizing a big ATV ride in the trails behind the development. It happens a few weekends a year. They are far more respectful than they used to be. The only d-bag IS the kid 2 doors down who a year or two ago would drive out of his driveway, down thru the cul-de-sac and back to the driveway and turn around on his bike. . . . like he was 8 years old. I mean, WTF????

Anyhow. Somehow, the phone systems glitched and they got a 911 dead-line that came back with my address. Cop was actually someone I know but he didn't know I lived where I live.

Funny would have been had I had a Ring. "Whaddayawant, Copper!?" LOL. Instead, I was at the door right when he rang the bell.

Back
Top Bottom