family members covid vax required?

Quick question. Aunt meets the unclean, gives him a hug, then goes back to make uncle lunch or whatever. Am I the only jerk that sees inconsistency in this?
Meh ... Nurses wear scrubs on the subway, go to work and don't change them.

I used to see this every day when I used to take the redline into Boston.

Early morning a bunch if nurses would get off, all wearing their scrubs, and a bunch that finished their shifts would get on, also wearing their scrubs.

I asked a friend that is married to a nurse and aparently nurses don't get lockers to change. I guess with all the wasted space hospitals have they don't have enough for a small locker room, so I assume they wear the same scrubs to work with sick people that they wore while sitting on a nasty subway seat.

Predictably, this is just turning into another COVID thread where people are getting mad at each other. Oof.

Quick question. Aunt meets the unclean, gives him a hug, then goes back to make uncle lunch or whatever. Am I the only jerk that sees inconsistency in this?
Yeah I was thinking that as it happened. Tbh, I expected her to send one of the kids down. For damn sure didn't expect a hug. Not complaining, but as you pointed out it doesn't make sense

Meh ... Nurses wear scrubs on the subway, go to work and don't change them.

I used to see this every day when I used to take the redline into Boston.

Early morning a bunch if nurses would get off, all wearing their scrubs, and a bunch that finished their shifts would get on, also wearing their scrubs.

I asked a friend that is married to a nurse and aparently nurses don't get lockers to change. I guess with all the wasted space hospitals have they don't have enough for a small locker room, so I assume they wear the same scrubs to work with sick people that they wore while sitting on a nasty subway seat.
I worked at a hospital for years....saw all sorts of scrub people chainsmoking outside

So my sister in law and family will not come to family Christmas party while we are there. But will get together with the same people we are with the next day.
Very similar stuation this summer. My brother and I took my father to a maskless dinner at Champions in Peabody(which was delicious). They have both been jabbed.

The next night my brother calls me on his way to my parents house where there is extended family gathering for chinese food. He asks me if I am headed over and I inform him that this is the first I am hearing of it. Turns out, that was not an oversight.

I said, make sure to tell them that you and dad had dinner with me last night. One of those attending is an aunt, who abruptly bailed on a Zoom call during imprisonment, after an election discussion where I said, “I don’t really care who wins, as long as Ginsburg dies before the election and Trump fills her seat.” Ruth was still stealing my oxygen at the time.

Now I realize I was wrong. I did care who won.

Last edited:
Wife and I are along out here in NH. But, prior back in Michigan. No real issues with the hand ringers. Most of my family love freedom. So, i guess I am lucky. I just got the flu and yesterday was fun. Today, the coffee is staying down. I was kinda hoping it was the rona just to get it over with

It sounds like they were nice and not a**h***s about it, that’s a plus. But do they understand those with 2 doses and booster are still very capable of getting and spreading it? If they asked all people to get tested and be negative, that would actually protect that elderly couple. Being bad certainly doesn’t protect them, I hope they understand that .

Of course they don't understand that.

We flew back to Mass a couple weeks ago for an early Christmas with my folks. Three out of four of us are not vaxxed. No issues at all. We also visited friends. Nobody cared. Hugs all around.

I think even there most normal people are just over this and realize this is ridiculous.

And here back home, none of this even exists. I have to come on this forum to find out what is going on in crazyland.

Who said anything about shoving a test in someone’s face? swir

You wouldn’t take an easy at home test before going to a family gathering if it made some of your family members more comfortable? That’s pretty selfish.

This rant isn't directed at you personally @PappyM3...I'm just tired of all the BS in general and you happened to strike a nerve...

I'm certain there are more people walking around with eColi on their hands than Covid swirling around their heads...let's have a wipe sample station for eColi next to every front door of every shop, home, business, etc. before you are allowed in...sounds silly, no?

Here's a novel idea...I'll carry an umbrella in the rain so your family members are more comfortable in the rain. :rolleyes:

This is the problem...the majority always needs to change its routines and norms because a couple of people are not "comfortable"...NEVER the other way around...how about those couple of uncomfortable people figure it out for themselves or suck up being inconvenienced with their feelings.

This isn't the zombie apocalypse we're talking about; it isn't certain death if you get breathed on...it's probably closer to a common cold...and yes, people die from the common cold...get over it, go live life, and if you are "uncomfortable", just leave the rest of us alone.

This isn't the zombie apocalypse we're talking about; it isn't certain death if you get breathed on...it's probably closer to a common cold...and yes, people die from the common cold...get over it, go live life, and if you are "uncomfortable", just leave the rest of us alone.

This ^^^^^. Drop the mike.

And in a surprise to no one who knows them, the Branch Covidians disinvited us because we haven't had the booster shot. She was whiny about the way she did according to my wife. Who told her that it was okay because we were surprised they invited anyone. What was a bit surprising was the our friends who are related to them, told them they weren't coming because they didn't like being told what to do.

The conversation with my wife started when the hostess called to check on our booster vaccination. My wife told her we haven't had it yet (she didn't say that we have no intention of getting it) and the woman went on to babble about the new variant, her grandchildren aren't vaccinated, and every other liberal talking point. My wife just did her variation of Hondo Lane's "A man oughta do what he thinks best." and said goodbye.

Frankly we don't give a shit.

got the news 2 days ago, that i would need to test prior to joining the mrs family ( 12+ members) for dinner. this is to protect their 7 month old baby, as everyone else is vaxxed. I'm 2 weeks removed from my ( according to the media) miraculously recovery from the delta covid variant. I said I'm more then likely, the least likely person they should worry about. we decided that might just be less stressful for everyone to skip visiting with them, just my son, my girl, her sister and her 94yr old mother . no hard feelings, enjoy your dinner, see you when it gets warm enough to hang out side again. today they secured a bunch of home tests, but said i needn't take one. farg....i was this close to not having to go!!!!

As I once said to the host at a party I really didn't want go to, but had to,

"I'm sorry I'm late, I couldn't come up with a good excuse not to come at all."

got the news 2 days ago, that i would need to test prior to joining the mrs family ( 12+ members) for dinner. this is to protect their 7 month old baby, as everyone else is vaxxed. I'm 2 weeks removed from my ( according to the media) miraculously recovery from the delta covid variant. I said I'm more then likely, the least likely person they should worry about. we decided that might just be less stressful for everyone to skip visiting with them, just my son, my girl, her sister and her 94yr old mother . no hard feelings, enjoy your dinner, see you when it gets warm enough to hang out side again. today they secured a bunch of home tests, but said i needn't take one. farg....i was this close to not having to go!!!!

It’s definitely swinging back to panic mode for people. I was the only person not wearing a mask in the Mansfield LL Bean. Was thinking I missed a sign or something. Nobody said anything though.
What do these people honestly think they're accomplishing? It will NOT prevent them from inhaling virus particles.

I'm glad it's just me and my daughter this year. My ex and her twin are in Florida, I'm going to go pick up daughter at the group home Friday afternoon & we're going to Hibachi dinner just the two of us. To her it's just another Friday. The other one is a little more into Christmas and she's at Disney w/ mom & cousins having the experience of a lifetime. She loves going to visit people, open presents etc. The one staying w/ me can't travel on an airplane, won't go into people's homes, etc. She doesn't care about presents although she'll have some things to open. This is for me more than for her, I could leave her at the group home and she wouldn't really know the difference... but I just can't bring myself to leave her there. Most of the other kids in the home don't go home, their families come to visit them. I get plenty of invites for placed to spend Christmas and we used to be able to do it when they were younger. If I went somewhere by myself I'd just be miserable thinking about my kids situation. Wondering if I can work the travel quarantine excuse to have a little more peaceful time to myself once they get back from Florida 🤣

I'm just waiting for somebody to ask me if I'm vaxed. My reply is going to be "Why are you asking me if I'm circumcised"?

I honestly thought my family was going to start giving us shit over it. Test messages were iffy and then I was told they didn't want to get US sick.
My sister started a little bit and shut her word hole as soon as I said they pumped enough shit into the wife with 2 years of Chemo.

We did Thanksgiving alone and I don't have a problem doing that with all the holidays. Mom is afraid that once we leave for Maine she'll never see us again. LOL

My wife and I are expecting our youngest child to come to our house for a week of Christmas vacation. Our daughter is a union elevator mechanic, but she drinks the covaids koolaid BIG TIME!! She's had both shots plus the booster. She got the booster specifically to come home for Christmas because SHE doesn't want to be responsible for getting US sick. She knows and respects that her mother and I do not want the clot shots. She was just here for a few days at Thanksgiving and there were zero problems. I told her last week that the booster was not needed and she could come here anytime.

Fast forward to today. Apparently, she went to a union Christmas party last week. Supposedly, everyone was shot up and boosted. It came out two days ago that some people at the party got sick and had subsequent positive covaids tests. Now my daughter is freaking out that she may have been EXPOSED. She went to a test site a couple of days ago, but they ran out of test materials. She went to another test site today, but they would not process anyone without an appointment. She's now freaking out.

I told her to just come home on vacation. She does not feel sick at all. They have not made her stay home pending testing. Hell, she worked much of today until her boss let her out to try getting tested again.

My wife and I have even offered to double up on our Vitamin D and C intake while she is here. [rofl]

These azzholes in the MSM and the government have these young adults afraid of everything. Thank God I don't live my life with such fear.

we got deleted totally from my side of the family for voting MAGA, 2A a supporter and the rest during the trump admin. spend my holidays with my wife's side even the ones that are liberal don't care. happy to be a-socially caught up. LOL

Kids that age are less likely to get the vid or spread it than double vaxed and boosted adults. It’s ridiculous what people are doing to kids over the past few years
Some families are turning the poor kids into mental cases over it.
Hope they remember when they get older.

But Lord Fauci told them so, so it must be true because he trusts the science, therefore we should all trust the science.

All hail Lord Fauci.
Trust the science.
When that gets throw at me I throw out "The same Fauci who's expert opinion concluded that children could catch AIDS by simply being in the same household with someone who had it ?"
"The same Fauci who said "Don't wear a mask , it does nothing ?"
"The same Fauci who gave 24 million to the Chinese to help develop Covid ? "
"The same Fauci who tortures puppies ?"

Is that the same guy we're talking about ?

I'm starting to get ruthless on these people because I'm getting sick of this shit.

When that gets throw at me I throw out "The same Fauci who's expert opinion concluded that children could catch AIDS by simply being in the same household with someone who had it ?"
"The same Fauci who said "Don't wear a mask , it does nothing ?"
"The same Fauci who gave 24 million to the Chinese to help develop Covid ? "
"The same Fauci who tortures puppies ?"

Is that the same guy we're talking about ?

I'm starting to get ruthless on these people because I'm getting sick of this shit.

If anyone deserves a painful, agonizing death, it’s fauci. He really is an evil person for what he’s done over the past 50 years

Back
Top Bottom