Fallriver Ma is red now what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
i have looked and could not find an answer to my question so I have to post. Sorry up front to all who are tired of hearing this. Anyways I live in fallriver Ma and found out I am living in a red town. I would like to apply for a LTC A. What are my chances getting one seeing how live in a red zone. What do I have to tell them to get one. Can I put down " all lawful purposes" and that's that. One other thing. I was in the USMC I was a saw gunner. Shoot everything 9mm handgun,m16,203 grenade launcher 50cal machine gun and now I need a permit to carry one lousy handgun. BS. thank you
again sorry if someone all ready asked this.

Unfortunately there isn't a magic phase or quote to write down that you need for red/black/green town. It's at the sole discretion of your police chief and pretty much out of your hands. Best you can do is fill out the form, jump whatever hoop they give you (letters of reference, utility bills to show you live there, etc...they can tell you on the phone or on their website what they require), put down "All Lawful Purposes", if they ask you a question, answer it, if they don't don't volunteer, and hope for the best.

Good luck!

Move over the bridge, we're green! [smile]

It is not imposable to get an ALP LTC A in FR. You will need to join a club of your choice, (I recommend Taunton) and also the NRA. GOAL may also show well too. Obviously the required course, Flint armament offers it and I'm sure they will also give you some tips pertaining to FR since their in FR.
I'm sure an actual resident of FR will chime in soon, just thought I'd give you some hope.

My son-in-law despite having gone thru the NRA Pistol Course, Home firearm safety and spending a couple years in Irag with the Marines was deemed not worthy for ALP in Fall River. He was restricted to sporting. Despite the training classes and military service the firearms officer said "I don't even know if you know how to use a gun". They're moving to a green town in May.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
i have looked and could not find an answer to my question so I have to post. Sorry up front to all who are tired of hearing this. Anyways I live in fallriver Ma and found out I am living in a red town. I would like to apply for a LTC A. What are my chances getting one seeing how live in a red zone. What do I have to tell them to get one. Can I put down " all lawful purposes" and that's that. One other thing. I was in the USMC I was a saw gunner. Shoot everything 9mm handgun,m16,203 grenade launcher 50cal machine gun and now I need a permit to carry one lousy handgun. BS. thank you

One word......Move.

There is no more requirement to join a gun club with the new COP in FR. It is still "red" but you will get a LTC A with restrictions no problem.

They do require you to write a letter requesting a LTC and the reasons why you want one. The also require letters from two references. A good letter from yourself and a good reference might get you an LTC A ALP.

ETA: When you renew you can usually get no restrictions.

Hello everyone,

Welcome to NES!

There is no more requirement to join a gun club with the new COP in FR. It is still "red" but you will get a LTC A with restrictions no problem.

They do require you to write a letter requesting a LTC and the reasons why you want one. The also require letters from two references. A good letter from yourself and a good reference might get you an LTC A ALP.

All good info here.

As long as your record is clean you'll at least get LTC A with the Sporting restriction. Not sure if your service will help you or not...

My son-in-law despite having gone thru the NRA Pistol Course, Home firearm safety and spending a couple years in Irag with the Marines was deemed not worthy for ALP in Fall River. He was restricted to sporting. Despite the training classes and military service the firearms officer said "I don't even know if you know how to use a gun". They're moving to a green town in May.

That's truly disgusting .

I got a Non Restricted license in Fall River back in 2008. Don't ask me how... I didn't do anything special. I suggest you move out of that shit hole like I did.

As an aside, the COP of Fall River lives in Swansea. Our daughters are in the same grade and school.

Hello everyone,

How about writing for the reason "When you were asleep I was cleaning my M249 machine gun in the mountains of Afghanistan. When you were asleep I was in a firefight with insurgents 9000 miles away. When you were asleep I was watching your back. I don't want your thanks I just want an LTC with no restrictions."

If (and that's a BIG if) it was up to me, any soldier that applied would be a MUST issue with no restrictions.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, SIR!

While I did not serve in the Marines "Semper Fi" (said with respect)

Last edited:
How about writing for the reason "When you were asleep I was cleaning my M249 machine gun in the mountains of Afghanistan. When you were asleep I was in a firefight with insurgents 9000 miles away. When you were asleep I was watching your back. I don't want your thanks I just want an LTC with no restrictions."

If (and that's a BIG if) it was up to me, any soldier that applied would be a MUST issue with no restrictions.

^This x 1,000,000.

I am with you on the sentiment, but there should be no privilege for being military, handicapped, or whatever IMHO

I am with you on the sentiment, but there should be no privilege for being military, handicapped, or whatever IMHO

Are you saying that a Marine has the same skill level as an ordinary Citizen with respect to firearms? If you are, then you are woefully uneducated on how Marines are trained. I most assuredly believe any service member should be given special consideration when applying for a firearm permit. They aren't exactly strangers to things that go BANG.

And you don't seem to be to concerned about giving them a M249 for "ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES" while fighting to protect both you and me.

Last edited:
So if I understand correctly, you feel that service members have a higher claim to 2A rights than the rest of us?

Yes. They gave to protect that right and most of the rest have only enjoyed it and exercised it. To exercise it, you pay homage to that sacrifice.

Are you saying that a Marine has the same skill level as an ordinary Citizen with respect to firearms? If you are, then you are woefully uneducated on how Marines are trained. I most assuredly believe any service member should be given special consideration when applying for a firearm permit. They aren't exactly strangers to things that go BANG.

And you don't seem to be to concerned about giving them a M249 for "ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES" while fighting to protect both you and me.

It's not about skill, it's about a RIGHT emboldened to all free men EQUALLY, not a "right" that works as more of a privilege and is more often given to privileged groups

Yes. They gave to protect that right and most of the rest have only enjoyed it and exercised it. To exercise it, you pay homage to that sacrifice.

Ok, so lets take the first Amendment and say that educated people have more of a right to it than others. That is basically what you are saying WRT 2A.

A right is equal across all.

This is slowly becoming an "out yourself" thread.

Ok, so lets take the first Amendment and say that educated people have more of a right to it than others. That is basically what you are saying WRT 2A.

A right is equal across all.

This is slowly becoming an "out yourself" thread.

This. With all due respect to what our servicemen have given to protect our rights, bostonasphalt2 is correct here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom