• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fake News: Man Denied Gun License Fatally Shoots 6-Year-Old Son, Himself in Foxboroug

I can never understand these things. The thought of hurting my son makes me feel sick. I'd die a thousand deaths if it meant I could save him. How the **** can a father shoot his own little boy?

Goes to show, having or not having a license does not prevent someone from getting a gun. Licensing is useless.

the way the story is written the PD makes it sound like knew he was up to no good so they heroically denied his LTC. aside from clearly having prevented nothing, it begs the larger question of if they knew he was dangerous why the hell did they do nothing aside from denying an LTC. unfortunately the sheeple will not see past an inch deep in the story and most will be "relieved" that they denied his LTC as if it matters.

I can never understand these things. The thought of hurting my son makes me feel sick. I'd die a thousand deaths if it meant I could save him. How the **** can a father shoot his own little boy?
This ! I would get thrown to lions or whatever the **** to save my son.

- - - Updated - - -

the way the story is written the PD makes it sound like knew he was up to no good so they heroically denied his LTC. aside from clearly having prevented nothing, it begs the larger question of if they knew he was dangerous why the hell did they do nothing aside from denying an LTC. unfortunately the sheeple will not see past an inch deep in the story and most will be "relieved" that they denied his LTC as if it matters.

what should have the PD done?

Scaccia was arrested last week, on Sept. 16, for assault and gun charges, Baker said. It is unclear whether bail had been sought at his court appearance.

If he'd been held due to dangerousness, or given a high bail, consistent with the seriousness of the alleged crimes (gun charge), his child would be alive. Who is he related to??

Is anyone surprised here? This has nothing to do with LTC issuance. This is a total failure of the Massachusetts court system. Just like the illegal immigrant who slaughtered the 2 doctors in Southie.

This ! I would get thrown to lions or whatever the **** to save my son.

- - - Updated - - -

what should have the PD done?

they should not be thumping their chest that they denied his LTC (as if some sort of accomplishment) when it's irrelevant and a boy was murdered. it just confirms reality: a criminal is a criminal whether the state issues them some papers or not.

It happens in contentious divorce/separations with contested custody.

The man wakes up and grasps how he's been used and the child is the ex's leverage over his wallet.

He hates his ex more than he loves his child.

Sometimes the child is not genetically related to the "father."

Not justifying it just saying it is explainable even if not defensible.

Let's see...
History of domestic violence (let's assume an actual conviction for now).
Applies for LTC, Denied obviously.
Arrested for assault and firearms possession.

This should have been enough to get someone's notice. Deny bail, order a psych eval, something.

I have kids and every time I see something like this I feel sick. I just can not understand what could drive a person to do this.

Scaccia was arrested last week, on Sept. 16, for assault and gun charges, Baker said. It is unclear whether bail had been sought at his court appearance.

If he'd been held due to dangerousness, or given a high bail, consistent with the seriousness of the alleged crimes (gun charge), his child would be alive. Who is he related to??

Is anyone surprised here? This has nothing to do with LTC issuance. This is a total failure of the Massachusetts court system. Just like the illegal immigrant who slaughtered the 2 doctors in Southie.

This.....and the Court System and Liberal judges will NEVER be labeled as a problem in this state.

MUST......ALWAYS.....BE....THE.....GUN! YEAH...THAT's IT!!!

maura will be all over this story talking crap about gun control again and how ar15's are evil etc.
fact is the guy was nuts, could have chosen a knife or any other means to murder.

I saw this earlier on tv. They were talking about all the times in the last few weeks he was in contact with the police an it was clear he wasn't all there.

Yes, he should have been held when the police had him but the biggest failure here is the complete lack of any mental health system for these guys. Mental health treatment in MA is jail and that only makes things worse. The courts can only hold them for 21 days which is long enough for meds to start working but not close to long enough to get them stable. They have to kill someone before you can get them committed.

At least there were no standard capacity magazines involved. Thank god.

Back
Top Bottom