• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

F-class? What is it?

Steve,
F class is kind of like prone bench rest. A front rest or bipod and a rear bag is permitted. It's shot from the prone position. The rifles are scoped, set up in stocks that are much like bench rest stocks. Distances are usually between 600 and 1000 yards. Reading has one or two matches anually.
Dan

Take a look at some of the scores shot. The winners shoot clean and only a few X's down. For a 600 yard only shooter, the 6BR is an excellent choice, not the highest velocity, but extreme accuracy and good barrel life. Wind doping is crucial in that game.

The winners shoot clean and only a few X's down.

LOL, not at 1,000 yards when there's any wind. At the range at Bodine, I think the best I did last year was 14 out of 20 shots in the 10" X-ring. Still, it's the most fun you'll have outside of bed.

Don

Clubs with long ranges???

What clubs are there in the MA, CT, NY area that have 600 and/or 1000 yard ranges? Please provide link to range web site if known.
Thanks,
Nick-

Re: Clubs with long ranges???

NickW said:
What clubs are there in the MA, CT, NY area that have 600 and/or 1000 yard ranges? Please provide link to range web site if known.
Thanks,
Nick-

Nick,

For the MA ranges, please do a Search (feature at top of screen) for "600". We've covered this a few times already and as recently as within the past 2 weeks.

Don't recall the info for CT and NY being posted before, however.

Re: Clubs with long ranges???

NickW said:
Thanks,
Nick-

Nick,
Steve Greene runs a couple F-Class matches at Reading R&R (Reading, MA) each year.
I think the dates are June 11, 2006 and September 10, 2006.

The matches are a lot of fun.
If I recall he usually runs three strings
First two strings are 20 shots for record with unlimited sighters in xminutes (I forget time limit) and the third string is best 5 shot group.

I think Steve still holds the club match record with a sub 1.25" five shot group at 600yds.

If you more info let me know and I'll put you in touch with Steve.

Paul

First two strings are 20 shots for record with unlimited sighters in xminutes (I forget time limit)...

You get 30 minutes to fire your 20 shots for AND however many sighters you need. If you shoot 5 sighters and it takes you 5 minutes to do so, then that leaves you 25 minutes to shoot your 20 shots for record. For first time shooters, it really pays to chrony your loads and plug the info into an exterior ballistics program. This will tell you how many MOA above your 100 yard zero you need to dial into your scope, and will put you on paper at 1k with your first shot.

Don

Back
Top Bottom