• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Excrutiathlon - WINNERS creedon & shaw

Starting to sound like a Winter's day in NH with one's father or uncle. Go cut/split/stack wood, shoot some guns, push truck out of the snow, shoot some more, run after the dog/kids, haul some more wood, etc.

(-:

I am with Coyote. My running days are over. injury and surgery guaranteed it. I have tested it, and further injured myself so aside from a light 50 yrd jog, my multiple mile days are well over. This being said, i think i would still give this a go. Aside from a few extra pounds, i am in great shape and i live in the gym so the physical aspect is no problem - just no running. I would not be setting time records but i would be

IN

because it sounds fun ! and if i go, i have at least one friend who wound be IN 100%

1) I'm interested. There's too much lard following me around for me to be confident of success running, but I'm very optimistic about the chances of it being awesome.

2) It would be cool if the shooting and the running could take approximately the same amount of time as the running.

Ill have more information up by late tomorrow morning.

We're hoping to see everyone using common defensive calibers, but haven't yet come up with specific restrictions (which may occur due to logistical/operational concerns)

Format will be reasonably similar to your basic biathlon.....shoot, run, shoot, run, etc.
We will have other physical activities to perform mixed in.

ETA: We will have an official sign up type thing starting after the holidays.

Please note: we will be limiting the number of participants due to logistical/operational concerns to about 20 shooters.

Last edited:
Nicole and I are still interested depending on the format. Like no Atlas Stones or 20 mile hike up a mountain. [rolleyes] [wink]

Any and all stones will be of the non-Atlas variety and hikes will be limited to 19mi.
So Tough Mudder with guns. I love it!

Similar ideas, but this year atleast, this will be A LOT shorter than toughmudder. Also, no exposed wires, monkey bars or giant slip n slide.
Same here. As long as the running isn't too extreme. Any chance of letting 308 in though? I should have a new LMT by then...

The most recent answer is "it depends". We'll have to see if we can get the targets far enough away. And no AP, obviously.

Last edited:
Any and all stones will be of the non-Atlas variety and hikes will be limited to 19mi.

So, 8 miles up and 8 miles down?

Correct?
P9110045.jpg

[wink]

Haven't measured the course we're figurin on just yet, but I *think* it will only be a few miles.

Tim is right, I was just being a smartass to Adam.

What?! Only a few miles? I've been training hard in the bogs here and I'm up to ten miles. Now you tell me it will only be "a few miles".
Can I bring the 82A1 and shoot all the targets with one shot?

Does Monadnock have pits?

Monadnock does NOT have pits. They're essentially a 100yd range thats ~40-50yds wide. This will be a challenge to work around, I know. But, I'm a tinkerer by nature and will figure this out [laugh]

Still no pits but we have a new 200 yard range.
Here it is folks:
90 degrees north from the previous orientation, so no more late afternoon sun in your eyes.
98eb98ca.jpg

Back
Top Bottom