Excrutiathlon - WINNERS creedon & shaw

Bump with a little more info in the OP....mostly on what we'd like to see for rifles. Course info shall remain vague and ambiguous for now....just expect to get sweaty and have fun.

-This will be a biathlon on steroids.
....including carrying full ammo cans, logs, and building a small sandbag wall.

A word on what you should bring to shoot:
-A rifle in a "defensive" caliber. Nothing wussier than 9x19, nothing bigger than 30.06. (9mm, .40, .45, .223, 5.45, 7.62x39, .30 carbine, .308, etc)

Any reason for that, adam?

Don't do steroids.
Don't carry logs unless their headed for our fireplace.

nothing bigger than 30.06.
450 Bushmaster, I'm out.

logs, and building a small sandbag wall
Nicole's out.

Bump with a little more info in the OP....mostly on what we'd like to see for rifles. Course info shall remain vague and ambiguous for now....just expect to get sweaty and have fun.

Bump with some more info in the OP, to include some more information on the course itself.

Don't do steroids.
Don't carry logs unless their headed for our fireplace.

450 Bushmaster, I'm out.

Nicole's out.

Well, the steroids aren't a requirement [laugh] As for your .450BM, I'll ask Andy (owner of the targets) and Mark if it's okay. TBH, I didn't even consider that anyone would be bringing it, so we never talked about it.

As for logs, well....I don't really know. If you feel that strongly about it, we can burn them all afterwards in MRGCI's big fire pit [smile]

Also, this will be a team/pair event. While the intention is to have everyone do everything, if there's a certain thing that someone can't do, but their partner can....it'd be awful nice of their partner to help them out, wouldn't it?

Last edited:
Also, this will be a team/pair event. While the intention is to have everyone do everything, if there's a certain thing that someone can't do, but their partner can....it'd be awful nice of their partner to help them out, wouldn't it?

This makes it a possibility. I'll talk with Nicole and get back to you.

We don't have to wear skates do we? [frown]

Just signed up. No partner as of yet. Should be a fun time! Thanks to Atmay and all who made this happen!

Hey guys: I'm likely in, with a partner, but I saw this listed as "team". How would a team (say of 3) be scored? Or could you have a team of 4? Would they be scored as 2 pair? Which would make them 2 teams I guess..

Anyway.. can we define a team?

Oh.. and here is my problem: I can't shoot for a damn. My partner is old and fat. And can't shoot. And he's ugly. I have a friend who is young and in killer shape but doesn't own a rifle (a solvable problem). But that's 3 of us. If I continue to recruit teammates I continue to be higher on the ladder of "most qualified" members.. and that's not a sign of awesome.

That said, I am totally OK with last place. ;)

Hey guys: I'm likely in, with a partner, but I saw this listed as "team". How would a team (say of 3) be scored? Or could you have a team of 4? Would they be scored as 2 pair? Which would make them 2 teams I guess..

Anyway.. can we define a team?

Oh.. and here is my problem: I can't shoot for a damn. My partner is old and fat. And can't shoot. And he's ugly. I have a friend who is young and in killer shape but doesn't own a rifle (a solvable problem). But that's 3 of us. If I continue to recruit teammates I continue to be higher on the ladder of "most qualified" members.. and that's not a sign of awesome.

That said, I am totally OK with last place. ;)

"Team" and "pair", in this case, mean the same thing. Teams are of 2. Also known as a pair.

And as long as you promise that you're not so out of shape that this will be dangerous for you to participate in, well.....someone has to finish last [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom