Ever wanted to try USPSA/IPSC Shooting?

IDOKTR, hey SOMEONE has to go first and since I knew you had a little bit of practice under your belt, I figured it would be good for you to show the real newbies how it is done. [grin]

I'm tired and sore but am very happy that you all had a good time. You all followed my two primary rules, so all is good.

1. Don't scare the Range officer.
2. Everyone has fun. [laugh]

I wish we had the time to run another class before the season starts but unfortunately we don't. We will be quickly ramping up for our inagural season of sanctioned USPSA matches. I expect all of our class members to come out and put the skills we imparted to them to use.

See you all on the range.

Michael.

OK folks. I finally got a chance to put all of my "stuff" away from this weekend and I seem to missing 1 Glock magazine pouch and 1 kydex holster (Fobus or Uncle Mike's, I can't remember)
Now I am nice enough to loan out my personal equipment for our students to us, and there was a big need for it with the size of this class.

I know that all of you appreciate this and will check your shooting bags to make sure you didn't accidentally take it home with you. [wave]

Please contact me if you find either of these items.

Thanks.

Oh, speaking of lost and found someone left a red and black jacket at the range...drop a line if it was you so we can arrange to get it back!
I have already heard from the owner, told him where we left it at the club, and given him my work # if he wants to contact me directly to let him in.

OK folks. I finally got a chance to put all of my "stuff" away from this weekend and I seem to missing 1 Glock magazine pouch and 1 kydex holster (Fobus or Uncle Mike's, I can't remember)
Now I am nice enough to loan out my personal equipment for our students to us, and there was a big need for it with the size of this class.

I know that all of you appreciate this and will check your shooting bags to make sure you didn't accidentally take it home with you. [wave]

Please contact me if you find either of these items.

Thanks.

Oh, speaking of lost and found someone left a red and black jacket at the range...drop a line if it was you so we can arrange to get it back!

Mike, I borrowed your single mag pouch and returned it to Pete since we didn't know if you we're going to be there still or not. I even mentioned it to you on the way out!! Pete?

I also had a good time and learned a bunch. First and foremost a big thanks to the whole HSA/Heavy Hitters Crew for keeping the instruction portion fun and interesting. Thanks Mike for the loan of the Glock Holster, which held just enough of my Sig to make Erich worried for a minute when he thought my firearm was nearly falling out of the holster after making ready on a stage, lol. Ed (if I am remembering correctly) thank you for the loan of the mag holders both days, much appreciated. Thanks again Matt for recording a couple of my stages so I can see just how slow I really shoot....... lol. And thanks to Pete for the words of wisdom, and for pulling out the Texas Star, that was fun! Props guys for all the work that went into setting up the course: All the stages were fun and instructional. And finally: Thanks to my gun for reliably going "Bang!" every single time I pulled the trigger ;)

My only minor disappointment of the weekend was not knowing how I finished relative to everyone else, but it's entirely possible I'm better off not knowing, lol. Thanks for trying to enter my info at the last minute as you were trying to leave Rob, it didn't make it into the overall results, but I do appreciate you stopping and having a go at it, even though we had already run way long.

Hopefully I'll see some of you out on the range later this spring and summer!

Last edited:
I'm committing to my first match. Harvard Sportsmans Club Autism Fundraiser Match - APRIL 14TH 2013

BostonBullit says there are a lot of new shooters there so it's a good time for a first match.

I think I'm going to take the HSA guys up on the offer to practice with them tonight. I'm a HSC member so I may check out their practice next week. I'm guessing they will be setting up the courses.

Anyways, if any of you want to try and meet up or ride in to the match let me know. I think it would be cool if some of us from the class were in the same squad.

I'll be in if I can find a holster for my gun (Sig 2340) in time, but that is proving to be a challenge, so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom