Ever wanted to try USPSA/IPSC Shooting?

Ya, i've definitely considered trying this as well. Do other clubs offer this class?

Sent from my Apple I

I believe New Bedford offers a one day class in USPSA and I know Harvard Sportsmans runs a class on IDPA, others probably do as well each with their own style. If you don't have time to do a class or it doesn't fit your schedule then you can always look into attending practices at one of the clubs. The safety rules will be drilled into your head from the get go but the nuances will probably take a little longer to pickup going this route, but you'll find that there will be shooters there more than willing to take you under their wing and help you learn as you go.

After my match performance this morning at AFS I'm thinking maybe I'll take the class again instead if helping run it [sad2].

We're in. It's been a long winter with expensive ammo and not much shooting. Time to knock off the rust again. We took an intro to IDPA class last summer and made it to one match. Interested in seeing how this is different.

I'm in. Registration form filled out, check written out (well, mostly lol -- Rob please check your pm). Will mail out tomorrow.

I actually have a Blackhawk holster, no mag pouches tho... I'm sure I can find something...

I will be there and I believe I have a couple mag holders you can use.

Anyone wishing to take the course that does not have the gear, I will bring my Sig 226 9MM with gear and mags. You bring a good quality 9MM ammo (No home loads) and you can use my gear. If all you can get is 40 S&W ammo, let me know and I will out that top end on the Sig and bring the correct mags.

If your a skinny little person, bring a belt [smile] Mine may wrap around you a couple times

if any of you are planning to attend this class and don't think you have the gear needed, let me know. I have lots of holsters, magazines, mag pouches, speed loaders, etc. I loan out gear to students every year.

Thank you gents! You're all too kind. I'll try to not spend money @ the 5.11 store in Milford if I can help it lol. I'm gonna swing by there to buy a better belt (been meaning to) and see if I can find cheap-er mag holders. If not, I'll post on here and see if one of you folks can bring some mag pouches (S&W M&P9 mags). Thanks again!

I'd LOVE to take this course. Unfortunately I only have two mags for my Sig SP2022. Any chance anybody would have extra mags?

We can loan mag holders and if we run short, pockets are fine for the class. I'd suggest not spending any $$ for extra stuff like this before class as we spend a bunch of time covering equipment and the info may help you make a more optimal selection.

We can loan mag holders and if we run short, pockets are fine for the class. I'd suggest not spending any $$ for extra stuff like this before class as we spend a bunch of time covering equipment and the info may help you make a more optimal selection.

Understood. I won't purchase any then. Thanks for the headsup.

I will be there and I believe I have a couple mag holders you can use.

Anyone wishing to take the course that does not have the gear, I will bring my Sig 226 9MM with gear and mags. You bring a good quality 9MM ammo (No home loads) and you can use my gear.

i sent out me registration today. I plan on bringing my Sig p226 9mm and my Blackhawk Serpa holster. But I don't have any mag holders. I'd like to take you up on your offer to borrow the mag holders.

PM sent.

Don't you need one of those super expensive space guns to shoot USPSA?

"Need"? Nope, but they sure are a hell of a lot of fun. Used to be a guy around these parts that was reasonably good with one of them fancy rigs...baconman or something like that. Ain't seen him in a while though...

I'd LOVE to take this course. Unfortunately I only have two mags for my Sig SP2022. Any chance anybody would have extra mags?
What caliber? I have magazines for an SP2340 in .40 S&W that I think may work if your SP2022 is in .40 S&W.

I took this class last year and I couldn't imagine a better environment for learning the game. You'll come out knowing the rules and have some practical experience regarding how a match is run and what to expect. This will greatly reduce the odds of being disqualified (sent home) at your first mach for breaking a rule you may not have known about. Just some of the important things you'll come out knowing are stage strategy, the scoring system, which division you can compete in with the gear you have, and any modifications you can make to increase your success without breaking any division rules. Most matches are fast paced and not always the best place to get your feet wet; this is where you want to get started. It is relaxed and low pressure, the perfect place to let nerves out and learn.

Don't you need one of those super expensive space guns to shoot USPSA?

Funny thing - as I process the Area 7 registrations (this is the big regional match at the Sig Academy people come to from all over the country) I am noticing a LOT of people who previously shot OPEN (space gun) registering for Limited or Production (iron sighted guns that look a bit less exotic).

How many slots are available and does this fill up quick?

It's already at the point where I am going to get yelled at for registering to many people, but I'd rather apologize afterwards that turn someone away - we'll have between 12 and 18. Once it hits 18, I have to start sending "sorry" letters back.

Been wanting to do this for a long while but keep de-prioritizing it. Well, no more;

I installed the Apex Tactical DCAEK on my M&P9 and modified all the followers on my mags (new style M&P9 mags are near impossible to load with 10rnds and slam into mag well).

I'm excited [smile]

I sent my registration, probably on the 4th too, so hope I made the cutoff. This really looks fun.

Found a Fobus holster for my Glock 19, another forum member was selling, so at least have that.
Will be using my pockets for the mags.

Hope to get out to the range and shoot it a little in the next week, since I havent even shot it in a few years.
Busy with other things, and kinda boring to just punch paper, so not very motivating to find the time.

Steve

So I ended up selling my Sig and replaced it with a Glock 19 Gen 4.

On the form, I requested mag holders for the Sig, but now I will need a holster and mag holders for the Glock. Do you think equipment for my Glock 19 will be available for rent at the venue?

On the form, I requested mag holders for the Sig, but now I will need a holster and mag holders for the Glock. Do you think equipment for my Glock 19 will be available for rent at the venue?

1. Yes.

2. We do not rent equipment - we loan it free of charge.

I want to bump this for those reading.

For those remotely interested.... DO IT. STOP MAKING EXCUSES. "I suck too much" etc is not a valid excuse. Doing stuff like this is part of how you get better.

This course is literally the best deal going in terms of Value- you will get a LOT for your money. I took it last time around and it was well worth it.

-Mike

Got you covered (see post #35) I have gear for lots of different handgun types. If anyone coming wants to borrow any equipment, just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom