Even small localities got big guns

Now, why some departments need 40mm grenade launchers is a another issue. Seems a little over-the-top to me. [thinking]

becuase 40mm is a incredibly versatile round thats why. ever hear of things like tear gas and sponge rounds?

its not like the friggen police have a crate of 40mm HE rounds sitting around.

I have no problem with PD's having this type of firepower and I'm sure that most department's would implement reasonable guidelines for there use. Unfortunately, what we are now seeing is the logical progression of the anti-gun crowd. Everyone thought the anti's were happy going after private ownership and use. I don't think so. I think they would like nothing more than to turn department's into the equivalent of the London police of old (ie., the old London bobby equipped with nothing more than a billy club).

Those people are idiots. A 5.56 loaded with the proper ammunition will actually penetrate less then a 180 grain .40 hollowpoint and is far less liekly to richochiet

In this regard, the only friends these police chiefs are going to have are gun enthusiasts like us. Considering that, maybe some of these same chiefs in red cities should lighten up a bit on LTC restrictions. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

becuase 40mm is a incredibly versatile round thats why. ever hear of things like tear gas and sponge rounds?

its not like the friggen police have a crate of 40mm HE rounds sitting around.

In West Springfield, police acquired even more powerful weaponry: two military-issue M-79 grenade launchers.

are they hiring? My name is Moses Hightower and I need a job! [laugh]

I wouldn't expect that

Although it would be nice and it would make a lot of sense, don't expect many chiefs to embrace this position. First, most of the logically thinking officers are going to be those who work in the trenches. Most chiefs of the last 20 or 30 years tend to be bookworms. Book learning does not necessarily translate to common sense. There are exceptions of course.

In this regard, the only friends these police chiefs are going to have are gun enthusiasts like us. Considering that, maybe some of these same chiefs in red cities should lighten up a bit on LTC restrictions. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

Wonder if they are willing to part with their "Albatrosses".... Would love to help them free up some storage space....[smile]

Group buy! [smile]

Why do they ask the opinion of some one who works in a damn bookshop!

No kidding.

Unfortunately, what we are now seeing is the logical progression of the anti-gun crowd. Everyone thought the anti's were happy going after private ownership and use. I don't think so. I think they would like nothing more than to turn department's into the equivalent of the London police of old (ie., the old London bobby equipped with nothing more than a billy club).

Exactly! They tell us that civilized society has no need for arms, that everyone should just get along and live at peace with one another.

Sweetheart....you really need to keep taking those meds ya know. I know that delusions are a wonderful thing, but they do tend to interfere with daily life.

[wink] [grin]

"For what logical purpose do they need semiautomatic rifles in Belmont?"

I know of one small town where one of the patrol vehicles has a really nice M4 with the selector switch intact up front by the driver - and no, I will not mention the town on this forum. Let's just say it's a really peaceful place where nothing ever seems to happen and it appears they are committed to keeping it that way :).

I guess the bad guys will sit down with that sackless POS governor of ours to discuss their strategy before they initiate a North Holywood style shootout. Silly sheep in this state.

I know of one small town where one of the patrol vehicles has a really nice M4 with the selector switch intact up front by the driver - and no, I will not mention the town on this forum. Let's just say it's a really peaceful place where nothing ever seems to happen and it appears they are committed to keeping it that way :).

I know of one with something similar, only it's an AK-47. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom