Elected to American Pistolsmith Guild

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
Just wanted to share my election to the APG at the SHOT show last week. Came as a surprise from a friend who invited me to the dinner. Now I have a year to build two guns for them to tear apart for full membership. The list of guild members is like a who's who of master craftsmen. I hope I can meet the challenge, there are just about sixty members in the US. To see some of their work or a list of members go to: www.americanpistol.com

Thank you to all the NES members for the support and encouragement since 1992.

Congrats...by the way, is this the wrong time to ask about working over my colt rail gun?

PS. I do not know all the names but the names I know puts you in a group of greats.

Congratulations! I haven't had you work on any of my guns yet, but I've known folks who have used your services and they were very pleased. Do you get the sample guns back that you send them? I would hope so.

Greg

Your work is other worldly, we are really lucky to have someone with your immense skill so close by. Best of luck.

Congratulations - that's a pretty exclusive club. Are you going to have to start engraving your name/logo into your work like those guns in the gallery?

The standards of the guild are real, and it's more legit that a self-congratulation society. I notice Les Baer is no longer a member. I've heard rumors that he withdrew because nobody was going to tell him how to support his customers, and I know from a friend's experience that support from Les is less than exemplary.

So, Congratulations Greg!!! I hope you will post photos of the tear down gun.

Good job Greg! Let me know if you need to hold off working on one of my Colts we spoke about. It's no big deal if it needs to wait a few months or whatever. It's mainly a safe queen.

Just wanted to share my election to the APG at the SHOT show last week. Came as a surprise from a friend who invited me to the dinner. Now I have a year to build two guns for them to tear apart for full membership. The list of guild members is like a who's who of master craftsmen. I hope I can meet the challenge, there are just about sixty members in the US. To see some of their work or a list of members go to: www.americanpistol.com

Thank you to all the NES members for the support and encouragement since 1992.

Congratulations Greg! You are certainly a worthy candidate who is beyond capable of meeting this challenge. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom