Elected to American Pistolsmith Guild

congrats. Based on the pictures I've seen of your guns, it's well deserved. Can't wait for my Colt!

Don't know you from Adam but all I've read and heard, you're deserving of such an honor. Most impressive. Hope to meet you some day.

Just wanted to share my election to the APG at the SHOT show last week. Came as a surprise from a friend who invited me to the dinner. Now I have a year to build two guns for them to tear apart for full membership. The list of guild members is like a who's who of master craftsmen. I hope I can meet the challenge, there are just about sixty members in the US. To see some of their work or a list of members go to: www.americanpistol.com

Thank you to all the NES members for the support and encouragement since 1992.

Crap, your prices just went up. [grin]

Congrats!

Thanks very much for the kind words and well wishes. I don't see a change in my business model. I plan on dancing with who brought me to the dance for a long time. I'll keep you posted.

If your guns have to go through the same torture as a blade when someone becomes a member of the blade smith guild, then they better be as functional as they they be gorgeous. Takes a hell of a smith just to be considered a prospective member. Congratulations.

Greg,

For folks like me who do not know, can you expand on this “Now I have a year to build two guns for them to tear apart for full membership”?

Do you select two different models (of say handguns) and basically take them down and modify internals/extrenals, replace existing components with better ones or take a model and put your personal touch on it?

Thanks and congratulations on your achievement.

Gregg, now that you are on verge of notoriety, do you have a mark that you put on a gun to signify a gun was reworked by you?

Greg,

For folks like me who do not know, can you expand on this “Now I have a year to build two guns for them to tear apart for full membership”?

Do you select two different models (of say handguns) and basically take them down and modify internals/extrenals, replace existing components with better ones or take a model and put your personal touch on it?

Thanks and congratulations on your achievement.

The guild requires you to build some guns with set features from a checklist that they created. The guns are then looked over with a fine toothed comb by other guild members to ensure that the smith submitting the guns is building the guns to the standards that are expected from guild members.

Last edited:
I've only seen two of the guns that you've done and they were absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on the nomination and I wish you success in your submissions to the Guild. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Back
Top Bottom