• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Elderly Hudson man hurts himself when his handgun accidentally discharges

Hudson police say an elderly man accidentally injured himself with a firearm while he was cleaning it at his Bridal Bridge Road home Friday morning. Capt. Tad Dionne responded to the call. He described the firearm as a semi-automatic handgun. Dionne said it was an accidental discharge and there was nothing suspicious about the incident. The 70-year-old resident was transported by Londonderry EMS to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Nashua, according to Lt. Mike Gosselin with the Hudson Police Department.The man had non-life-threatening injuries on his abdomen and hand, police said.
Elderly Hudson man hurts himself when his handgun accidentally discharges

If not a 'cleaning excuse' for doing dumb things and this was an actual attempt at prepping to clean; Abdomen and hand" injury leads me to think he was attempting to rack the slide to clear and muzzled himself. Weak or arthritic people have a tendency to negligently turn guns sideways, often muzzling their arm or abdomen and if the racking hand slips and or with the holding hand fingering the trigger, bad things happen.

now they will impose and enforce an age limit on gun ownership.

Not likely although someone may try, this was in Hudson, NH not Hudson, MA.
Since when is 70 elderly? I'm approaching 70 and I thought I was just old, I'm
not ready to be elderly yet.

I'm too old to run away, too old to take a beating. I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.

Last edited:

I'm too old to run away, too old to take a beating. I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.
I hear that...

You can tell you're "elderly" when you start to fart dust. Ask me how I know. Jack.

His wife shot him. She's sick of his shit. Like any abused spouse, he's defending her by claiming he did it.
Sounds as if I'm jesting, but this stuff goes on.

Does he have an estate?

Semi-auto????? He could have accidentally shot him self many more times. They are too dangerous for anyone to own.

Note the important semantic difference between the headline and the text of the article.

Headline: Elderly Hudson man hurts himself when his handgun accidentally discharges.

The hell it did.

Article: Hudson police say an elderly man accidentally injured himself with a firearm while he was cleaning it at his Bridal Bridge Road home Friday morning.

That's what actually happened, but the headline makes it seem like "these damn things just go off" on their own.

In Hudson mass he’d be looking at a license revocation and likely a laundry list of felony charges. That’s how they roll in the Commonwealth

Back
Top Bottom