easier way to reload a mag.

is there something out there or a technique to make reloading a magazine easier.it gets kinda difficult to get the last ones in the mag.

there's gotta be a devise to help out or something.

anyone?

There are a few companies that make magazine loaders. I have never used them. Check with your local gun shop they can get them, or give us a call we'll get what you need.

B.J.

GTOShootr said:
If they are new, leave them loaded overnight to break in the spring.

I got a few mags that I leave full all the time (for when the robots take over the world).

Does anyonr think thats terrible for the spring?

Adam_MA said:
Mag thumbs?

Is that just another name for a speed loader?

Yea, I guess that's what they are called. We've all just called them a mag thumb because they work like a strong thumb.

ergoo.jpg

Producer said:
GTOShootr said:
If they are new, leave them loaded overnight to break in the spring.

I got a few mags that I leave full all the time (for when the robots take over the world).

Does anyonr think thats terrible for the spring?

i was told by someone on another gun forum(thefiringline)that it doesn't do them any harm to keep the spring compressed with ammo.

Ruger P95 comes with one.

Ruger MkII has a "button" built in to the clip on the side which makes it REAL easy. I don't know why they don't all do that.

Build those thumbs up!! Place your hands flat on a table and have your thumb do little push ups! [wink]

Seriously...they do make some decent loaders that help. When I was going thru all my hand surgeries, one came in very handy when I was loading the semi's.

Lynne said:
Build those thumbs up!! Place your hands flat on a table and have your thumb do little push ups! [wink]

Seriously...they do make some decent loaders that help. When I was going thru all my hand surgeries, one came in very handy when I was loading the semi's.

it's not so much that my thumbs are weak,it's just some weird fear of slipping an either cutting my thumb or breaking something.maybe i just gotta get used to doing something like this.

maybe practice by loading a mag then unload it then load it again.do that several times till i get used to it.

beretta92d said:
maybe practice by loading a mag then unload it then load it again.do that several times till i get used to it.

That will definately help - just don't do it alot or you'll have sore hands. [wink]

HKS, the speedloader people, have a line of mag loaders. They are really quite neat. You slip the mag into the loader and hold the assembly in your left hand, with your left thumb on the lever. Each press of the lever moves the follower or last round down far enough to get the next round under the lips. About $10-15.

Got my LULA in the mail today. Man am I gonna through so much more ammo now. That thing allmost makes it too easy :)

Back
Top Bottom