• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

e-FA10. It's officially a mess!

This reads like you think it’s GOAL's fault the paper FA10s aren't available anymore. You can’t possibly believe that, because that would make you a total idiot, and we know you’re not one.

So, What’re you doing about it?

I’ve written letters to my elected officials asking them to pressure the FRB to make them available. I’ve called the FRB and asked them to send some to my local PD.

That hasn’t worked so far, but I’m pretty sure it's not my fault the forms aren’t available.

Did you ever consider that the PD got them sent to them and refused to put them out or threw them away?

I'm willing to take bets on this, at least in some communities.

It is (partially) their fault. They are a lobby organization that people give dues to in order to handle this nonsense.

And if they plan to do nothing, why are they making statements to the contrary and collecting membership dues?

They can't have it both ways.

They're a lobby group that people pay dues to belong to in order to, among other things, lobby for legislation that is supportive to second ammendment rights. They're not elected officials, they're not the police, they're not the gun rights faries. They have to work through the system and the deck's stacked. GOAL's playing solitaire with a 51 card deck. Given that, the amount of stuff they HAVE been able to do is astounding and they're/we're gaining traction.

They're a lobby group that people pay dues to belong to in order to, among other things, lobby for legislation that is supportive to second ammendment rights. They're not elected officials, they're not the police, they're not the gun rights faries. They have to work through the system and the deck's stacked. GOAL's playing solitaire with a 51 card deck. Given that, the amount of stuff they HAVE been able to do is astounding and they're/we're gaining traction.

Why will no one address the fact that GOAL took up this cause, hit a snag, then threw up their hands and walked away? That's the problem.

If they give up every time the proverbial going gets tough, then why would anyone with a brain donate to them over Orgs that actually fight the good fight and see things through to completion?

If you don't want to support GOAL that's your perogative. Nobody is forcing you. There is no need to spout your poison here. Let's give GOAL credit for what they do with the limited resources that they have.

Why will no one address the fact that GOAL took up this cause, hit a snag, then threw up their hands and walked away? That's the problem.

If they give up every time the proverbial going gets tough, then why would anyone with a brain donate to them over Orgs that actually fight the good fight and see things through to completion?

Who says they walked away? I'm sorry it hasn't happened fast enough for you.

Who says they walked away? I'm sorry it hasn't happened fast enough for you.

No updates in over a year = walked away.

I'm not spouting poison. They are irrelevant. And maybe donations should be diverted to a place that will do some good with the money.

No updates in over a year = walked away.

I'm not spouting poison. They are irrelevant. And maybe donations should be diverted to a place that will do some good with the money.

Glide,

How do you propose that GOAL (or any org) MAKE the FA-10s appear at PDs for consumers?

Do you think that all 4 GOAL staffers should hand carry 100 forms into each PD and FORCE the Chief at gunpoint to put them out on the counters?

And how do you propose that GOAL (or any org) FORCE the PD to re-order the forms when they run low?

And what will you propose to do when they refuse either of the above?

That is the situation as I see it. I do BELIEVE Jason Guida when he told me that he sent forms (unsolicited, with instructions to distribute and re-order at no charge to PDs) to every PD in the state.

I don't see any way that GOAL or any other org could force the PDs to do anything or EOPS/CJIS/FRB - whether it be distribution of forms or modifying the mis-information that is on the state's website. All that I see that they can do is try to reason with people and "request" and we know how far that goes in MA. [I am NOT trying to be a GOAL apologist here.]

Len, when they stopped sending them out to our homes when requested, that proved to me that THEY were the bigger problem. Ask Jason why they won't send a few forms to my house after I paid $100. bucks to keep their BS jobs going. They are taxing us for a RIGHT, our 2nd amendment right and it is not (right)

I do BELIEVE Jason Guida when he told me that he sent forms (unsolicited, with instructions to distribute and re-order at no charge to PDs) to every PD in the state.

I don't. Maybe some day he'll come clean on that one. [rofl] Once they got rid of the carbons the distribution of FA-10s turned into a crapfest. Most PDs were dry for a really long time. Additionally, every PD was telling people things like "they don't exist anymore you gotta use the online form." I really doubt those PDs came up with that nostrum on their own... rather they were likely parroting what someone at EOPS/FRB told them. Whether it was Jason or someone else, who knows. I have no doubt the smoke blowing by FRB will continue even without him being there.

-Mike

I don't see the problem. Getting more FA10s should not be anyone's focus. You can comply with the law by using the PDF. Mail it in. If they reject it, then you have a nice receipt showing proof of compliance. File it and move on. I don't get it.

Glide,

How do you propose that GOAL (or any org) MAKE the FA-10s appear at PDs for consumers?

Do you think that all 4 GOAL staffers should hand carry 100 forms into each PD and FORCE the Chief at gunpoint to put them out on the counters?

And how do you propose that GOAL (or any org) FORCE the PD to re-order the forms when they run low?

And what will you propose to do when they refuse either of the above?

That is the situation as I see it. I do BELIEVE Jason Guida when he told me that he sent forms (unsolicited, with instructions to distribute and re-order at no charge to PDs) to every PD in the state.

I don't see any way that GOAL or any other org could force the PDs to do anything or EOPS/CJIS/FRB - whether it be distribution of forms or modifying the mis-information that is on the state's website. All that I see that they can do is try to reason with people and "request" and we know how far that goes in MA. [I am NOT trying to be a GOAL apologist here.]

Making the paper forms available is only part of the issue. I would think that could be solved by several nagging phone calls, or better yet, a visit to the CHSB. Get a case of the forms and let people pick them up at GOAL HQ or send in a SASE to have them mailed back. If Joe Blow walks in off the street asking for a case of forms, they will be summarily ignored. If someone from GOAL walks in they at least have the name of the org to drop. And if they name doesn't mean anything to the paper-pushing plebs at the CHSB, what good is it?

I understand they can't force the PD's to hand the forms out, so the obvious solution is to cut them out of the loop. I also find it hard to believe that all the PD's have stacks of forms out back, but are refusing to hand them out.

Again, if GOAL can't force anyone to do anything, and they don't have any political capital with anyone on the Hill who could do it in their stead, what good are they?

I don't see the problem. Getting more FA10s should not be anyone's focus. You can comply with the law by using the PDF. Mail it in. If they reject it, then you have a nice receipt showing proof of compliance. File it and move on. I don't get it.

That works until they decide to "make an example" out of someone doing just that. I would expect charges filed, license suspended/revoked, property seized and sent off to a bonded warehouse never to be seen again and no restitution paid to the owner (unless and until the Comm2A federal case plays out in our favor). How long would the average person's funds last defending against such nonsense?

So Glide, you're volunteering to represent GOAL and get the forms for us? Give them a call and let them know.

Again, if GOAL can't force anyone to do anything, and they don't have any political capital with anyone on the Hill who could do it in their stead, what good are they?

Really glide?

Tell me, how much anti 2A legislation has been filed in the last 5 years and how much of it has passed.

The only thing they've gotten through is backdoor crap that the FRB pulled.

Did you ever consider that the PD got them sent to them and refused to put them out or threw them away?

I'm willing to take bets on this, at least in some communities.

No, I never considered that possibility. I can't think of a reason why the PDs would care one way or the other, I don't see what stake they have in it. The PDs hand out lots of paper forms all the time, it's not like it's a particular burden.

No, I never considered that possibility. I can't think of a reason why the PDs would care one way or the other, I don't see what stake they have in it. The PDs hand out lots of paper forms all the time, it's not like it's a particular burden.

I certainly can!

I guess you've never been chatting with any chiefs and asked them about letters from the MA AG "TELLING THEM" what the AG wanted them to do!!! One thing that seems to be common amongst chiefs is that they do NOT like to be told by anyone what they should do. So given this, if the state FRB sends them a stack of forms and tells them that they should put them out for their serfs to get them, I know that a number of them would refuse to do this strictly because they were being told what to do.

Having worked for 3 different chiefs, I have found that each of them only did things when it was "their idea" (i.e. you mention it, they refuse and perhaps 6 months later they implement it as "their idea")!!

Some departments culturally simply do not like guns in civilian hands.

Simple as that ...

This too. Even when 3-part forms were readily available I heard reports of some towns where you needed to make an appt with the Licensing Officer and EXPLAIN why you needed the form before he would hand you ONE!

This too. Even when 3-part forms were readily available I heard reports of some towns where you needed to make an appt with the Licensing Officer and EXPLAIN why you needed the form before he would hand you ONE!

This demonstrates just an utter disregard for the law. My god. Appointments are just another way to control the philistines.

Most people don't even realize that an "interview" is not required by law.

I didn't read every comment in this thread but just called two local PD's and they told me to print the FA10 off line and fill it out. They did tell me that you have to submit "original copies" and no photocopies. So, why not just print out a couple and fill them out?

A couple years ago I did this same method and my notification was accepted.

I didn't read every comment in this thread but just called two local PD's and they told me to print the FA10 off line and fill it out. They did tell me that you have to submit "original copies" and no photocopies. So, why not just print out a couple and fill them out?

A couple years ago I did this same method and my notification was accepted.

The only FA-10s that are accepted now are the forms that contain a unique serial number. You can't get them online.

The cops don't know what they're talking about.

Although the PDF version of the FA10 is identical to the ones issued, they do not have a serial number printed on them. They will be rejected/returned. This has been posted many times.

Although the PDF version of the FA10 is identical to the ones issued, they do not have a serial number printed on them. They will be rejected/returned. This has been posted many times.

So the CHSB sends out denial letters stating that you need to refile on their form. I presume they must send you the form along with this letter correct?

Who here has received a letter from the CHSB because they used the wrong FA10 form?

Back
Top Bottom