• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dropped off letter to lift restrictions today

As the title says I went down to the Police station to drop off my written letter to have my restrictions lifted today. Hopefully they get lifted, Brockton also has a new Chief as of Febuary of this year and also a new licensing officer since Ifirst got my LTC 2 years ago. Wish me luck..

I hope you have better luck than me. I sent a letter in to the Framingham chief when I had to send my notification of moving. I'm pretty sure he's "lost" it as I never heard a response and that was about a month ago. I was pretty confused when I was issued a restricted license in the first place...I think I found out the reason now. He's just an ***hole

I am interested to see how it works out for you as well. Best of luck.
Thanks for the support of the forum!

I hope you have better luck than me. I sent a letter in to the Framingham chief when I had to send my notification of moving. I'm pretty sure he's "lost" it as I never heard a response and that was about a month ago. I was pretty confused when I was issued a restricted license in the first place...I think I found out the reason now. He's just an ***hole

That's pretty much EXACTLY what happened to me. Our chief (Salem) is not only an ***hole but a FASCIST one.

I moved to a "free town" we're you don't get restrictions and the licensing officer from my old town refused to void my old license (you know who you are) he reads all my posts now because I called him an a**h*** in one of them, so I need to wait another year to apply again for my unrestricted license.

Out of curiosity does the chief ever just hand stuff off to the Licensing officer and let him deal with licensing issues? My ton doesnt have a chief at the moment. but the licensing officer has always been very honest and cool with me in my dealings with him

Good luck. I didn't have any luck when I tried in Worcester. I hope it works out for you. Restrictions are BS and no one should have them. PERIOD.

There's talk at GOAL that Comm2A is launching a class action law suit against chiefs of police that restrict LTC’s.
If you’re interested in taking part please contact them http://comm2a.org/contact-us
It won’t cost you anything other than your time.

Out of curiosity does the chief ever just hand stuff off to the Licensing officer and let him deal with licensing issues? My ton doesnt have a chief at the moment. but the licensing officer has always been very honest and cool with me in my dealings with him
Yes. i would say most LOs make the majority of the decisions.

IANAL but I dont think its class action by any means. I believe its individual cases that will have a collective result. I made efforts toward getting my restrictions removed, but I as well as most others had no luck at all. The CoP in my town is newer and a few of us thought maybe he would be more reasonable, but all in all he is the same guy. Interim right now and I am working toward him NOT staying in the position...

With any luck H1567, the Comm2A cases and a new chief will all come to fruition on the same day, it which case I will throw a huge graduation party for the commonwealth (re)learning the constitution. Candles, cake, strippers and presents for all!

IANAL but I dont think its class action by any means. I believe its individual cases that will have a collective result. I made efforts toward getting my restrictions removed, but I as well as most others had no luck at all. The CoP in my town is newer and a few of us thought maybe he would be more reasonable, but all in all he is the same guy. Interim right now and I am working toward him NOT staying in the position...

With any luck H1567, the Comm2A cases and a new chief will all come to fruition on the same day, it which case I will throw a huge graduation party for the commonwealth (re)learning the constitution. Candles, cake, strippers and presents for all!

Holding you to that. God help you if I don't get cake.

I sent in a letter to the Brockton PD to have my restrictions lifted a couple years ago and never heard anything. I went in a few months ago to renew and they had my upgraded license sitting on the desk from when I sent in the letter asking to remove the restrictions! It ha to have been there for a couple years and they never contacted me. I should've followed up but forgot about it. The new licensing officer seems pretty good to deal with though.

Yeah new LO and a new Chief.. The LO i dealt with 2 years ago was officer Maver, she was easy to deal with and nice Brockton just has a gay policy. Officer Skinner ( new LO ) said to call him next week. I would have been a tad mad that they lifted your restrictions and never called to tell you to come pick up your new license.

Wait, so you can actually send in a letter and ask for restrictions to be removed?

When I first got my license here in norwood I was told I would have to pay and re-do the license in order to get another chance of removing the restrictions. We've since gotten a new CoP who I've heard great things about.

Wait, so you can actually send in a letter and ask for restrictions to be removed?

When I first got my license here in norwood I was told I would have to pay and re-do the license in order to get another chance of removing the restrictions. We've since gotten a new CoP who I've heard great things about.

The law says that they can re-issue with changed restrictions at NO COST. All other info stays the same.

Go talk to your new chief. He is a good guy and I would expect him to be quite reasonable.

Figured I would update my post... Dropped letter off on 10/3 called a week later 10/10 and was told he hasn't had a chance to look at it yet. I figure ok he's busy i'll let it slide and give him a few more days. So I gave him the rest of that week and called back on 10/15 get voicemail, so I left a message with no return call for a couple days so I call him back again on 10/18 and he is out of office on vacation for a week GRRRRR [angry] . So I call back again today and he answers, after giving my information he says yes I have your letter but I haven't looked at it yet and I will probably look at it this week and to call back next week. Seriously ??? I'm trying to not be a dick about this but come on your either going to lift the restrictions or not why drag ass with it. Jusy annoys the hell out of me that this is his job at the station. Guess i'll call back next week and see what he says this time...

.....end rant.....

Back
Top Bottom