Dropped off letter to lift restrictions today

Go talk to your new chief. He is a good guy and I would expect him to be quite reasonable.

This. Make an appointment to speak with the chief in person. As long as you are respectful and don't look like a freak, you'll be much more likely to get good results.

The law says that they can re-issue with changed restrictions at NO COST. All other info stays the same.

^^^ What he said. After taking the CCW class my PD requires I dropped off the cert and had my new unrestricted LTC within a week. No additional hassle, paperwork, or state fees.

ALby320...try making an appointment.

Wait, so you can actually send in a letter and ask for restrictions to be removed?

When I first got my license here in norwood I was told I would have to pay and re-do the license in order to get another chance of removing the restrictions. We've since gotten a new CoP who I've heard great things about.

I asked the licensing officer about eventually getting restrictions removed. His answer was not comforting. Basically he said maybe. Accept the facts, I haven't found anyone in Norwood that has had their restricts removed.
I will try on my renewal in two years. Hey, new COP.. Maybe something different!

The least they could do is give you a yes or no within a reasonable time frame. It was several years ago, but when I dropped my letter off to my PD (Boston), they had their response in the mail the same afternoon. That was a Friday. I had my unrestricted LTC on Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom