• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dragunov tiger info

Very nice rifles......someone liked you very much to leave them to you.

I'll be honest.

The original reason I got into FALs was because Rip Cord, one of my favorite GI Joe figures when I was a lad, came with one. No joke.

I'm into Dragunovs for a similar reason: Cobra Trooper (IIRC) came with them.

Hang on on them. They are not going down in price. Left one is more interesting. Keep all the stuff together.
Note, those things are not much of a "sniper" rifles.
I would not recommend shooting them.

If you start a thread on AKFiles with photos of all the markings and stamps, the folks there could probably tell you everything you would want to know about them.

Collectible items.

Depends on what the current condition is. If the guns have already been obviously shot, then running a mag or two through each wouldn't harm the value and would be a way to confirm how good the guns are. If he wanted to flip the guns, he could say how the guns run and shoot.

If the guns haven't been shot much or at all, different story.

Depends on what the current condition is. If the guns have already been obviously shot, then running a mag or two through each wouldn't harm the value and would be a way to confirm how good the guns are. If he wanted to flip the guns, he could say how the guns run and shoot.

Ok, I would agree with that. Those things are ok shooters.

Last edited:
I'll be honest.

The original reason I got into FALs was because Rip Cord, one of my favorite GI Joe figures when I was a lad, came with one. No joke.

I'm into Dragunovs for a similar reason: Cobra Trooper (IIRC) came with them.
I own a ps90 because of being a stargate sg1 fan as a kid. Also own a mp5 clone because it was one of my favorite guns in a video game i use to play.

Hang on on them. They are not going down in price. Left one is more interesting. Keep all the stuff together.
Note, those things are not much of a "sniper" rifles.
I would not recommend shooting them.
Ok, I would agree with that. Those things are ok shooters.
Lol. With the correct ammo, SVDs are c. 1 MOA guns. "The accuracy requirements demanded of the SVD with sniper grade ammunition are similar to the American M24 Sniper Weapon System with M118SB cartridges (1.18 MOA extreme vertical spread) and the M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System with M118LR ammunition (1.27 MOA extreme vertical spread)."

So I guess US sniper rifles are not much of a "sniper rifle" and are just "ok shooters."

Collectible items.
Eff that noise if I won the Powerball I would instantly f*** every other "collectible" gun by firing it often and then selling it. [rofl] these things were meant to be used not locked up in a safe collecting dust so some fat guy with suspenders can make 1000 bucks on it when we die, lol. These aint the original .45 ACP lugers or something like that.

They should be run because it's pretty much just sacrilege if they're not fired. Mind numbing. This isn't some fudd drilling with $30,000 worth of scrollwork on the side it was a sniper rifle designed to get clogged with buffalo dung and cleaned with soldier urine at random intervals. Yevgeni, Ivan, or whoever built it will be upset if it is not used. [laugh]

Lol. With the correct ammo, SVDs are c. 1 MOA guns. "The accuracy requirements demanded of the SVD with sniper grade ammunition are similar to the American M24 Sniper Weapon System with M118SB cartridges (1.18 MOA extreme vertical spread) and the M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System with M118LR ammunition (1.27 MOA extreme vertical spread)."

So I guess US sniper rifles are not much of a "sniper rifle" and are just "ok shooters."

СВД is 1.5 - 2.0 MOA gun.

IIRC, acceptable accuracy: 100m, 4 shots. Acceptable if 4 hits are in 8cm circle.

Last edited:
Eff that noise if I won the Powerball I would instantly f*** every other "collectible" gun by firing it often and then selling it. [rofl] these things were meant to be used not locked up in a safe collecting dust so some fat guy with suspenders can make 1000 bucks on it when we die, lol. These aint the original .45 ACP lugers or something like that.

I am not a collector, i shot mine. My sons shot it too.

СВД is 1.5 - 2.0 MOA gun.
Not per Soviet spec with the correct ammunition. If the guy's shooting Tula steel cased then yeah, you won't expect high accuracy.
"To comply to the standards, the SVD rifle with 7N1 sniper cartridges may not produce more than 1.24 MOA extreme vertical spread with 240 mm twist rate barrels and no more than 1.04 MOA extreme vertical spread with 320 mm twist rate barrels."
ETA: 1.5-2 MOA is still more accurate than a USGI M16 per spec, so I'd say it's better than an "ok shooter."

Back
Top Bottom