Doomsday Preppers - New Show on National Geographic

I don't even know where to begin with commenting on the seed guy. I loved his "America's Most Wanted" re-enactment of his shootout. No charges filed and he still has his firearms...I know what state he doesn't live in.

I've seen those bricks before on Engineers without Borders, plans for machines to make different types available for free from that website.

Having a regulation wood stove though, I just take string... and used rolled up magazines/news papers. Roll them up tight as you can, tying them up... soak them until completely soaked through, a day or so... then allow to dry for a few more days. Solid as shit fire logs.

ATF will be knocking at Seed guy's door real soon! They seemed pretty serious when they said thay could make a bomb.. Probably not the best thing to do on national TV.

the hydrogen generator made no sense. it requires electricity to dissociate water into hydrogen and oxygen. Then you burn it for what, a torch? Pointless.

They typically also require distilled water.

the hydrogen generator made no sense. it requires electricity to dissociate water into hydrogen and oxygen. Then you burn it for what, a torch? Pointless.

They typically also require distilled water.

Yes but the radition wont get it to the power lines so you will still have power to make a torch to smoke your bong! Duh!!

Tents are radiation proof? Lol

He should have gotten a bullet proof vest instead of a tent.. Going for a ride to some wooded area to meet with some guys he meet on Craigslist about gardening then getting into a gun fight! Are you kidding me!!!! Atleast he has his seeds>

The hydrogen generator made me think of the time machine from Napoleon Dynamite. Why does it need flashing lights? There is no way it would be able to produce enough hydrogen on the fly to run that torch.

The hydrogen generator made me think of the time machine from Napoleon Dynamite. Why does it need flashing lights? There is no way it would be able to produce enough hydrogen on the fly to run that torch.

Ya know...the more I think about it, I think you're on to something there. Was that thing something that he bought or was that guy there "demonstrating" it. Between the flashing lights and that friggin clock that was on the side of it. Something just doesn't seem right about that thing. I think that guy may have been scamming them.

fire logs - cool! (and cheap)

'seed guy' - total nut job. Did you see the newspaper article that speculated it was a pot deal gone bad?

Welder dude - 3 hour drive over unmaintained roads with 4 little kids. Need a new plan there buddy.

Agree. German shepherd guy is doing alright. I liked those paper fuel bricks he made.

The seed twins... not so much.

That idea has been around for four or more decades that I remember, he's not the originator of them by far.

There was/is a tool sold for tightly rolling newspaper logs, its been around since I was a kid and probably longer.

That idea has been around for four or more decades that I remember, he's not the originator of them by far.

There was/is a tool sold for tightly rolling newspaper logs, its been around since I was a kid and probably longer.

One of these? They work well.

5UC-4301-xlg.jpg

Ya know...the more I think about it, I think you're on to something there. Was that thing something that he bought or was that guy there "demonstrating" it. Between the flashing lights and that friggin clock that was on the side of it. Something just doesn't seem right about that thing. I think that guy may have been scamming them.
I thought they bought it. I bet there is a Propylene cylinder connected to that torch.

The HHO thing is legit, sort of... he was just using computer parts for it... a water cooling kit and most of those come with lights as they are made for computer cases with side windows. The HHO gennies though require electricity and an electrolyte additive, so not sure what practical use it would have SHTF, its kind of a gimmick.

Worst prepared

"We are not ethicly able to own firearms to protect ourselves with weapons.... we will rely on our community!" <------I know where I am attacking first.. lock and load. I could probably overtake them with a jennings .22. lol

"I don't need guns.... I'll just invite the marauding thugs to dinner and poison them or cut their throats in their sleep."

Big supprise, they live in western Mass.

I was looking on demand last night and watched a couple of these episodes. I just started reading this thread....Can someone point me to this episode online or tell me if its still on demand. I'm curious to see if I know where this place is.

Worst prepared

"We are not ethicly able to own firearms to protect ourselves with weapons.... we will rely on our community!" <------I know where I am attacking first.. lock and load. I could probably overtake them with a jennings .22. lol

"I don't need guns.... I'll just invite the marauding thugs to dinner and poison them or cut their throats in their sleep."

She lectures and has quite a few books out there. I don't think it would be to difficult to locate the town.

I just dont recall that episode being on demand when I looked. Maybe I missed it. I'll check when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom